U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-11-2013, 04:09 PM
 
670 posts, read 758,241 times
Reputation: 140

Advertisements

"Neither do people pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved."

The new wine is a symbol of the new covenant if I am not mistaken.

"The new wine dries up and the vine withers; all the merrymakers groan." - Isaiah 24:7

So what then does the above verse from Biblical prophecy mean, I interpret this to mean that the New Covenant will become void, if people don't commit themselves to God, and so essentially God will do to Christians what he had done to Jews, we will become such a scattered and divided people we will not be able to function properly, we will not receive grace unless we repent with an intent to change, God will allow Christianity to have a great decline, because Christians did not keep to their New Covenant. God will allow the nations of Anti-Christians to rise up against us and God will allow them to destroy Christian nations and we will be treated like outcasts by the people, our power and authority will be handed over to Anti-Christians and will not be restored to us until we repent.
Behold this that only God knows the time of it's coming, but it is coming and woe how we have sealed shut our minds from God.
For though seeing we are as blind
For though hearing we are as deaf
For though able to speak we are as mute
Prophesy and revelations have never been sealed up, but woe, vipers have shut up the kingdom of heaven in men's faces and they themselves refuse to enter.

May the mediation of our hearts be pleasing in your sight, oh Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-11-2013, 04:37 PM
 
9,299 posts, read 8,851,543 times
Reputation: 1732
The wineskin metaphor teaching of Jesus is similar to the `don`t forget the leaven ` ...As both have the possibilities of puffing up and bursting , as the old wineskin's given new wine the old leaven in the old wine will ferment and puff up the wine .... Just as the leaven in the bread would puff up the bread , so if you leave out the leaven you get like Mexican flat bread ....... I believe the puffed up part means , puffed up and hotty proud looking down on others ...... Just as Jesus ignored blessing the Sadducee's and the Pharisees who lived a very proud religious experience , just as Jesus would ignore blessing Christians today with more gifts ,who are proud and ignore the call , or are disobedient to the work of their calling
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2013, 04:44 PM
 
670 posts, read 758,241 times
Reputation: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The wineskin metaphor teaching of Jesus is similar to the `don`t forget the leaven ` ...As both have the possibilities of puffing up and bursting , as the old wineskin's given new wine the old leaven in the old wine will ferment and puff up the wine .... Just as the leaven in the bread would puff up the bread , so if you leave out the leaven you get like Mexican flat bread ....... I believe the puffed up part means , puffed up and hotty proud looking down on others ...... Just as Jesus ignored blessing the Sadducee's and the Pharisees who lived a very proud religious experience , just as Jesus would ignore blessing Christians today with more gifts ,who are proud and ignore the call , or are disobedient to the work of their calling
Yours makes a lot of since.

Though in my personal opinion I believe it fits with what I said.

Do you believe that a verse can only have one meaning?
Or do you think that one verse could mean all sorts of things at once?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2013, 05:39 PM
 
19,943 posts, read 15,889,666 times
Reputation: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
"Neither do people pour new wine into old wineskins. If they do, the skins will burst; the wine will run out and the wineskins will be ruined. No, they pour new wine into new wineskins, and both are preserved."

The new wine is a symbol of the new covenant if I am not mistaken.

"The new wine dries up and the vine withers; all the merrymakers groan." - Isaiah 24:7

So what then does the above verse from Biblical prophecy mean, I interpret this to mean that the New Covenant will become void, if people don't commit themselves to God, and so essentially God will do to Christians what he had done to Jews, we will become such a scattered and divided people we will not be able to function properly, we will not receive grace unless we repent with an intent to change, God will allow Christianity to have a great decline, because Christians did not keep to their New Covenant. God will allow the nations of Anti-Christians to rise up against us and God will allow them to destroy Christian nations and we will be treated like outcasts by the people, our power and authority will be handed over to Anti-Christians and will not be restored to us until we repent.
Behold this that only God knows the time of it's coming, but it is coming and woe how we have sealed shut our minds from God.
For though seeing we are as blind
For though hearing we are as deaf
For though able to speak we are as mute
Prophesy and revelations have never been sealed up, but woe, vipers have shut up the kingdom of heaven in men's faces and they themselves refuse to enter.

May the mediation of our hearts be pleasing in your sight, oh Lord, my rock and my redeemer.
I'm not sure Jesus talking about the wineskins had anything to do with Isaiah. Isaiah was saying that a judgment was coming. There will be famine, crops will be bad, and it will affect food supplies. I'm not sure we can read into this what you're suggesting.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2013, 09:12 PM
 
Location: Democratic Peoples Republic of Redneckistan
11,070 posts, read 14,388,944 times
Reputation: 3935
imho the parable of the new wine is referring to being reborn and the old self dying off...the spiritial cleansing of you by the holy ghost..I could be all wrong,but that's what I get from it.

Also,of late I'm hearing that phrase(new wine) used a LOT in pentecostal churches around here...don't know what that's all about but its the word of the day for them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-11-2013, 10:02 PM
 
Location: Southern Oregon
17,071 posts, read 9,660,775 times
Reputation: 1858
The use of "new wine" in one metaphor should not be taken to mean that that use applies to all appearances of the term.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-13-2013, 08:56 PM
 
670 posts, read 758,241 times
Reputation: 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The use of "new wine" in one metaphor should not be taken to mean that that use applies to all appearances of the term.
Then the Apostles interpretations of prophecies could have been flawed as well, they might have made a mistake coming to the conclusion that Christ was the Messiah.

But I accept Christ as Messiah so I don't think they did, I am just saying.

I believe that a term used in prophecy if used by another prophet or the Christ, means they correlate in some manner.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2013, 03:42 PM
 
Location: New England
36,894 posts, read 25,290,954 times
Reputation: 2697
Our old concept of God can never contain The concept of Jesus Christ being the exact representation of who God really is, neither can it contain the concept that when we see Jesus Christ we are seeing who we really.

'Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him. A new concept of God in the Light of Jesus Christ, will make a straight path for him.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2013, 04:24 PM
 
Location: Hopewell Va.
251 posts, read 292,745 times
Reputation: 151
The new wine is the blood Jesus shed for the bringing in of the New Covenant of Grace. The two are not to be mixed together. Yet so many ignorant non Spiritual Christians. Do everything they can to wish the misery,and yoke of Old Covenant upon their very own selves. They'd be better off to just rid themselves of the Christ which they truly don't even believe,and worship Moses in Judaism...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-15-2013, 04:27 PM
 
19,943 posts, read 15,889,666 times
Reputation: 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Our old concept of God can never contain The concept of Jesus Christ being the exact representation of who God really is, neither can it contain the concept that when we see Jesus Christ we are seeing who we really.

'Prepare the way for the Lord, make straight paths for him. A new concept of God in the Light of Jesus Christ, will make a straight path for him.
Could you elaborate more?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top