U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2013, 10:12 PM

82 posts, read 93,206 times

Advertisements

Exodus3:4. Moses asks God "when i go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you, If they ask me 'what is his name? what am i to tell them?."

God Replied: "I Am who I Am". Then he added, "This is what you should tell the Israelites: I Am sent me to you".

John8:24. Jesus is the I AM.

Jacob also wrestled with a man in Genesis32:25 whom he made bless him(jacob was the First Christian in the sense that he made a MAN who was god bless him, as todays Christians ask that Jesus might bless them).
"You shall no longer be spoken of as Jacob but as Israel, because you have contended with Divine and human beings and have prevailed".

How should modern Christians answer those who accuse them of worshipping a man as a pose to the one god of Abraham, Issac and Jacob?.

Is Jesus God?.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2013, 04:34 AM

31,541 posts, read 17,196,189 times
First of all Yeshua never said He was the "I AM"...He simply said "I am"...

In Hebrew there is the word Hawyaw or ehyih which means "I exist" which is what HaShem told Moses His Name was...The general word for "I am" is "ani"...In Greek this word is "eemee", which is the word Yeshua used...He did not employ the word pro-oop-ar'-kho...

G4391
προυπάρχω
prouparchō
pro-oop-ar'-kho
From G4253 and G5225; to exist before, that is, (adverbially) to be or do something previously: - + be before (-time).

Or this one:

G5225
υπάρχω
huparchō
hoop-ar'-kho
From G5259 and G756; to begin under (quietly), that is, come into existence (be present or at hand); expletively, to exist (as copula or subordinate to an adjective, participle, adverb or preposition, or as auxilliary to principal verb): - after behave, live.

Old 05-14-2013, 05:38 AM

6,870 posts, read 3,131,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTMonzstarr View Post
Exodus3:4. Moses asks God "when i go to the Israelites and say to them, 'The God of your fathers has sent me to you, If they ask me 'what is his name? what am i to tell them?."
God Replied: "I Am who I Am". Then he added, "This is what you should tell the Israelites: I Am sent me to you".
Jacob also wrestled with a man in Genesis32:25 whom he made bless him(jacob was the First Christian in the sense that he made a MAN who was god bless him, as todays Christians ask that Jesus might bless them).
"You shall no longer be spoken of as Jacob but as Israel, because you have contended with Divine and human beings and have prevailed".
How should modern Christians answer those who accuse them of worshipping a man as a pose to the one god of Abraham, Issac and Jacob?.
Is Jesus God?.
Who did Jesus worship ?_____ - John 4 vs 23, 24
Whose name did Jesus pray should be hallowed, sacred, sanctified ?

Why did you capitalize I AM when in Scripture it is 'I am' as in John 8 v 23 I am' from above and 'I am' not from this world, or verse 24 believe not that 'I am' he. Who is the he? Jesus believes at Revelation [ 2 v 18 ] that he is the Son of God. John 8 v 28 mentions Jesus as 'Son of man' that I am he, and that Jesus does nothing of himself but as his Father taught Jesus.

Jesus also believes at Revelation [ 3 v 14 ] that he is the beginning of the creation by God.
God had no beginning [ Psalm 90 v 2 ]
Only God was before the beginning.
Jesus was not before the beginning as God was before the beginning.

I AM is not a personal name. I AM is Not the Tetragrammaton [ YHWH ]

Who are the two [2] LORD/Lord's mentioned in the KJV Bible at Psalm 110 v 1 ?
The one LORD is in all uppercase letters the other is not.
Where LORD is in all capital letters is where the Tetragrammaton is for God's personal name YHWH.
In English the KJV Bible at Psalm 83 v 18 translates the acceptable pronunciation of God's name in English as Jehovah.
Whereas Lord in some lowercase letters stands for Jesus. The Tetragrammaton is never applied to Jesus.

Modern Christians believe as Jesus did and worship God as Jesus worshiped God and prayed to his God.
-Revelation 3 v 12

Old 05-14-2013, 07:59 PM

39 posts, read 48,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Who did Jesus worship ?_____ - John 4 vs 23, 24
Whose name did Jesus pray should be hallowed, sacred, sanctified ?

Why did you capitalize I AM when in Scripture it is 'I am' as in John 8 v 23 I am' from above and 'I am' not from this world, or verse 24 believe not that 'I am' he. Who is the he? Jesus believes at Revelation [ 2 v 18 ] that he is the Son of God. John 8 v 28 mentions Jesus as 'Son of man' that I am he, and that Jesus does nothing of himself but as his Father taught Jesus.

Jesus also believes at Revelation [ 3 v 14 ] that he is the beginning of the creation by God.
God had no beginning [ Psalm 90 v 2 ]
Only God was before the beginning.
Jesus was not before the beginning as God was before the beginning.

I AM is not a personal name. I AM is Not the Tetragrammaton [ YHWH ]

Who are the two [2] LORD/Lord's mentioned in the KJV Bible at Psalm 110 v 1 ?
The one LORD is in all uppercase letters the other is not.
Where LORD is in all capital letters is where the Tetragrammaton is for God's personal name YHWH.
In English the KJV Bible at Psalm 83 v 18 translates the acceptable pronunciation of God's name in English as Jehovah.
Whereas Lord in some lowercase letters stands for Jesus. The Tetragrammaton is never applied to Jesus.

Modern Christians believe as Jesus did and worship God as Jesus worshiped God and prayed to his God.
-Revelation 3 v 12
Isaiah9:6 "For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the Government shall be upon his" shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, the everlasting Father, the prince of peace.

This is yet another verse regarding the Divinity of Christ Jesus, if you would like to go further look at Christ's remarks to Phillip in the book of John(John14:8), when Phillip ask's to see the Father and Christ replies; "have i been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, phillip? he that hath seen me hath seen the father'.

Read Matthew1:23 when the Angel of the Lord told Mary's husband Joseph who the child was and who he would be; "Behold, a Virgin shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being" interpreted is God with us.

Two type's of people dont maintain Christ Jesus to be God. One is the individual that is ignorant of what scripture says and the other believes the scripture to be false. The second shows up alot in Judaism and Islam and so these two could best be called atheists and aren't worth debating anyway.

Old 05-14-2013, 09:02 PM

19,311 posts, read 14,702,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew 4:4 View Post
who did jesus worship ?_____ - john 4 vs 23, 24
whose name did jesus pray should be hallowed, sacred, sanctified ?

Why did you capitalize i am when in scripture it is 'i am' as in john 8 v 23 i am' from above and 'i am' not from this world, or verse 24 believe not that 'i am' he. Who is the he? Jesus believes at revelation [ 2 v 18 ] that he is the son of god. John 8 v 28 mentions jesus as 'son of man' that i am he, and that jesus does nothing of himself but as his father taught jesus.
Jesus also believes at revelation [ 3 v 14 ] that he is the beginning of the creation by god.
God had no beginning [ psalm 90 v 2 ]
only god was before the beginning.
Jesus was not before the beginning as god was before the beginning.

I am is not a personal name. I am is not the tetragrammaton [ yhwh ]

who are the two [2] lord/lord's mentioned in the kjv bible at psalm 110 v 1 ?
The one lord is in all uppercase letters the other is not.
Where lord is in all capital letters is where the tetragrammaton is for god's personal name yhwh.
In english the kjv bible at psalm 83 v 18 translates the acceptable pronunciation of god's name in english as jehovah.
Whereas lord in some lowercase letters stands for jesus. The tetragrammaton is never applied to jesus.

Modern christians believe as jesus did and worship god as jesus worshiped god and prayed to his god.
-revelation 3 v 12
extremely impressive!!!

Old 05-14-2013, 09:19 PM

19,311 posts, read 14,702,101 times
I have no qualms with anyone that puts Jesus before the Father...that is their business.
I have never had Jesus visit me or present himself to me in any way.
If and when he does I may feel differently.
What I know is he worshipped his Father and pointed to him at every chance.
So He is who I am focused on.

It happens, it is my Father that has come to me for 4 decades...I don't know why.
But, that's all I can say here about it...in Spirit, within me and around me.
I guess I need His Divine Visitations for my spiritual growth...plus, I wait for Him and talk to Him so much and rely on Him and think about Him and adore Him and feel Him and research Him and seek Him and trust Him...my heart needs Him, period.
Jesus never introduced himself to me, which is fine....but boy has our Dad!!!

So my Father is my focus.

Just another perspective...I know I am in the minority...but, boy, am I HAPPY!

Old 05-14-2013, 10:21 PM

25,930 posts, read 19,131,979 times
The name Yahweh is used of Jesus as well as of the Father. In Zechariah 14:3 Jesus is called Yahweh. It is Jesus who when He returns will set foot on the Mount of Olives.
Zechariah 14:3 Then the LORD (Yahweh) will go forth and fight against those nations, as when He fights on a day of battle (See Revelation 19:11-21). 4] In that day His feet will stand on the Mount of Olives, which is in front of Jerusalem on the east; and the Mount of Olives will move toward the north and the other half toward the south. 5] You will flee by the valley of My mountains, for the valley of the mountains will reach to Azel; yes, you will flee just as you fled before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah. Then the LORD, my God (Jesus Christ), will come, and all the holy ones with Him! (See Revelation 19:14)

Old 05-14-2013, 11:25 PM

17,071 posts, read 8,629,427 times
I tend to think that the idea of a personal name for God is a tad insulting. I mean I need a name to distinguish me from millions of things that are a LOT like me, and even then there are probably several who share my name.....

I think what God was telling Moses is more like "I don't need a name, I AM that I AM."

Old 05-15-2013, 02:23 PM

39 posts, read 48,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTMonzstarr View Post

Is Jesus God?.
1Samuel12:12 says who your king is and who it was before Saul was chosen. Christ is King and so he is God.

Old 05-15-2013, 02:32 PM

11,826 posts, read 10,768,739 times
Exodus 34:14 Do not worship any other god, for the Lord, whose name is Jealous, is a jealous God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity