Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2013, 09:12 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
There are a number of scriptures that state the same attribute for God and Jesus. Jesus and God cannot both possess these particular attributes, unless they are one and the same.
What you've just said doesn't make sense, Mr5150. You use two words, "God" and "Jesus," which imply that "God" is someone other than "Jesus." If the two are interchangeable, why refer to the one as "God" and the other as "Jesus"?

Quote:
Compare what is said about God and Jesus:
Quote:

As Creator of all things:
God: Genesis 1:1
Jesus: Colossians 1:16

As Savior
God: Isaiah 43:11
Jesus: Titus 3:6

The Alpha and Omega:
God: Revelation 21:6
Jesus: Revelation 22:13

The First and the Last:
God: Isaiah 44:6
Jesus: Revelation 1:17 & 2:8

Every Knee Shall Bow to me:
God: Isaiah 45:23
Jesus: Philippians 2:10-11
That's an interesting way of looking at it. I believe that Jesus is the individual being spoken of in all of these examples. If "God" and "Jesus" are the same, who did Jesus pray to? Certainly not himself. If they are the same, did Jesus believe He had forsaken Himself on the cross? Did He commend Himself into His own hands? Did He ultimately ascend to Heaven to sit on His own right Hand? There are simply too many questions of this sort that cannot be answered if "God" and "Jesus" are the same.

Last edited by Katzpur; 05-21-2013 at 09:21 PM..

Old 05-21-2013, 10:00 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,913,300 times
Here, IMHO, it is best to not go beyond what is written. We know there are three persons, all are fully and completely God, and yet there is one God and God is one. IMHO, it is best not to speculate. You are trying to fathom the Almighty Eternal God who fills all things, and knows all things. God is way beyond our ability to comprehend, so it is best not to go beyond what the Bible gives us or it opens up your mind to false doctrine.

Old 05-21-2013, 10:42 PM

670 posts, read 815,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeSlave View Post
I know this Question has been ask before a million times but I have never see it ask like this.
Does the Father, Son and Holy Spirit each have a mind or are they under one mind.
Which is it?
Each being is a separate entity,
Therefor I only recognize the divinity of the Father/God.

The Holy Spirit is the Angel of Wisdom, Sophia. She is not to be worshiped or praised. She was the first created Angel, created before even the Genesis story began. Though Lucifer was born second and he became the Morning Star and Gods favorite till his fall.

Jesus/Yeshua born of Marry was Gods begotten son and became his Spiritual child when he was baptized. Jesus was given authorities by God that proved he was the Messiah, but the Messiah is not God and should not be worshiped as God.

Old 05-22-2013, 12:55 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The relationship between God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), God the Holy Spirit is so intertwined that it's beyond human comprehension.

There isn't three Gods ... so in that context there is only one mind of God.

yet

God the Father, God the Son (Jesus), God the Holy Spirit have a mind.
That makes four...

Old 05-22-2013, 01:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
The concept of the Trinity is based on what the Bible teaches. The doctrine of the trinity is not stated in one sentence per se, but rather like this. If A=B and B=C then A=C. So we have scriptures that say Jesus is God such as John 1:1 and 1:14 plus Phil 2:5-8. Other scriptures say the Holy Spirit is God such as Romans 8:9-11, 2Cor 3:3 and 17-18 plus Acts 5:3-4. This is the short list. There are more scriptures that support the deity of Christ and the Holy Spirit.

There are a number of scriptures that state the same attribute for God and Jesus. Jesus and God cannot both possess these particular attributes, unless they are one and the same.

Compare what is said about God and Jesus:

As Creator of all things:
God: Genesis 1:1
Jesus: Colossians 1:16

As Savior
God: Isaiah 43:11
Jesus: Titus 3:6

The Alpha and Omega:
God: Revelation 21:6
Jesus: Revelation 22:13

The First and the Last:
God: Isaiah 44:6
Jesus: Revelation 1:17 & 2:8

Every Knee Shall Bow to me:
God: Isaiah 45:23
Jesus: Philippians 2:10-11
Does John 1:1 really state that?...Or are we just readig into it?...God is eternal. always was always will be, He has no beginning or end...The word on the other hand has a beginning, so if the word has a beginning, then it cannot be God, because God has no beginning...I used to read the same thing into that verse when I was a young unlearned christian, but as I re-examined it over time and learned the attributes of God, I came to question my infantile understanding of it...As I stated above, how can the Messiah be God if He has a beginning but God doesn't have a beginning?...It doesn't make sense...Even the Messiah said that He was given all authority to do His Father's will...I believe this was on the day of His baptism...And on that day is when the Word of God became flesh or manifested through God's chosen vessel...It is like your own father giving you all authority in his matters and you do exactly as he has told you and those that know your father best will recognize that you possess your father's traits and his ways so when you speak on his behalf they recognize it as if it is your father speaking to them...Those that do not know your father will not know you either nor see that you are about your father's business...

Old 05-22-2013, 01:16 AM

Quote:
I believe they under one mind but I do not think it really matters which way you believe.
I'd say itdoes matter...Remember the rock and the sand?...

Old 05-22-2013, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

Isaiah 9:6
For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Colossians 2:9
For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,
None of the Greek mss. I looked at have the word "Christ" in them...And Isa. 9:6 reads differently in the Hebrew...marvelous advisor, mighty warrior of God, everlasting Prince of Peace...

This is from the septuagint:

Isa 9:6For a child is born to us, and a son is given to us, whose government is upon his shoulder: and his name is called the Messenger of great counsel: for I will bring peace upon the princes, and health to him.
[SIZE=3][/SIZE][SIZE=3]It is interesting that neither the Hebrew scriptures state anything about a mighty god or everlasting father, nor does the Septuagint, so where does this translation come from?...[/SIZE]

Old 05-22-2013, 02:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
Each being is a separate entity,
Therefor I only recognize the divinity of the Father/God.

The Holy Spirit is the Angel of Wisdom, Sophia. She is not to be worshiped or praised. She was the first created Angel, created before even the Genesis story began. Though Lucifer was born second and he became the Morning Star and Gods favorite till his fall.

Jesus/Yeshua born of Marry was Gods begotten son and became his Spiritual child when he was baptized. Jesus was given authorities by God that proved he was the Messiah, but the Messiah is not God and should not be worshiped as God.
Ya got a little Gnosticism mixed in there...

Old 05-22-2013, 07:18 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,932,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerzyGiant View Post
Define Essence and you got your answer. Good luck cause i dont see it', i take my bible literal and dont read in to it. If Christ came back and discussed the nature of the 'triune God(ask the trinitarians why he would start such a conversation about himself, they are good at speculative thought)he would remark to these Trinitarians
"Where did you ever get this idea?. When did i ever say three? You heard me on more than one occasion pronounce 'the lord your god is 1 god)".

Jesus's word add up enough for me not to add onto them, Christians of the first century pronounced 3 parts of God's gift as 3 gods(in stating that trinity is 3 distinct 'Persons' in one 'Essence').

Good day to you and god bless.

- Hmmm, really? I thought it was: "The Lord our God is One Lord"?

Jesus said, The Father and I are One. That means 2 are One. Not 2 are 3. Or One is 3.

Jesus saying The Father and I are One. If you have seen Me you have seen The Father.

Jesus didn't say The Father and I are One God.

Old 05-22-2013, 01:32 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
I know this Question has been ask before a million times but I have never see it ask like this.
Does the Father, Son and Holy Spirit each have a mind or are they under one mind.
Which is it?
Yes. They are 3 separate persons, all in the same Godhead. They are not 3 separate Gods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity