Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-29-2013, 12:20 PM

24,109 posts, read 32,460,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
I see you are asking the question but so far they have not stated that is a doctrine they hold to.

I have stated it. Not in those exact words. Look up thread.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:22 PM

796 posts, read 858,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
I have stated it. Not in those exact words. Look up thread.
I am sorry I must have missed it. Thanks for correcting my error.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
You have got to be kidding?

No. He isn't kidding. I've repeated the beliefs of my church over and over again. And it's not good enough. They want a DOCTRINE.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:25 PM

Quote:
I am sorry I must have missed it. Thanks for correcting my error.

You are welcome. Please look upthred. I will try to see what number the posts were.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:44 PM

796 posts, read 858,591 times
Quote:
You are welcome. Please look upthred. I will try to see what number the posts were.
No need. I will take you at your word. I may have skimmed over that post and missed it. Happens sometimes.

So we have at least one common doctrine in that we all believe in Christ and Him Crucified.

What does the church teach about how to be saved? This is an important essential doctrine.

Old 05-29-2013, 12:57 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:

What does the church teach about how to be saved? This is an important essential doctrine.
The process of coming to a commitment to live in love is an essential doctrine? Why?

Old 05-29-2013, 01:11 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
You have already been wrong with reference to so many assumptions about the Movement. Old Hymns are sung occasionally.

Is there something wrong with a "cool rocking experience"?

Are "the old hymns" necessary for salvation? What's the point?

I think your point is this. You don't like it. You don't get it. You don't want to go there. All of that is OK.

The thing is, just because "it's not for you" does not mean that it shouldn't exist, and that it isn't ministering to many people.

Here we go with "correct teaching" I already explained what the essentials are in the Movement. There is "liberty" with reference to the rest.
It is not a doctrinaire church.

Do you understand that?
I guess my point is that so many of these "new, relevant" churches that are "refreshingly unique" all tend to be very similar in appearance, methodology, preaching, etc. If that's your thing...great. Fine. I spent 10 years in a mega-church very similar to that. I'm glad I eventually left and discovered what a real church, where the pastor actually knew my name, was like.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:22 PM

Vizio, In my "church search" I visited a megachurch. It was about as interesting to me as a Disney cartoon. Please read the thread again.

I felt burned out by my previous church involvement and I thought that I might want to "just get lost in a megachurch so that no one would bother me.'

I tried many churches in my search. I was literally open to anything as long as the core beliefs were traditional and the church was not legalistic.

I was spiritually empty. I felt distant from God.

I am a person who values education and I am proud of my achievements in that area.
Really, the last place that I thought I'd end up, would be at a church that meets at a mall.
But I put my prejudices and snobbishness aside.

These people are different. They are loving. It's NOT all show! The worship is dynamic and moving. I am involved in leadership and I no longer feel disconnected from God.

These people are true servants of God. They are devoted to the Lord and to ministering to the church. They do not want to become a "Mc Church" or a mega church.

They want to know everyone by name. I really am excited by the Movement and the transformation that they have worked in my life and in the life of my family.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:35 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Vizio, In my "church search" I visited a megachurch. It was about as interesting to me as a Disney cartoon. Please read the thread again.

I felt burned out by my previous church involvement and I thought that I might want to "just get lost in a megachurch so that no one would bother me.'

I tried many churches in my search. I was literally open to anything as long as the core beliefs were traditional and the church was not legalistic.

I was spiritually empty. I felt distant from God.

I am a person who values education and I am proud of my achievements in that area.
Really, the last place that I thought I'd end up, would be at a church that meets at a mall.
But I put my prejudices and snobbishness aside.

These people are different. They are loving. It's NOT all show! The worship is dynamic and moving. I am involved in leadership and I no longer feel disconnected from God.

These people are true servants of God. They are devoted to the Lord and to ministering to the church. They do not want to become a "Mc Church" or a mega church.

They want to know everyone by name. I really am excited by the Movement and the transformation that they have worked in my life and in the life of my family.
I'm sorry, sheena.....I'm sure they're nice people. But there is nothing new about this model of church. This is overdone today as the "new thing". It's what we see all the time in church plants.

Old 05-29-2013, 02:55 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
The Proverb says "Where there is no prophetic vision the people cast off restraint,
but blessed is he who keeps the law."

Does "The Movement" refer to God's rule over the people? I'm curious what "vision" means to the founders of this church. There is a trend among a lot of Christian churches today that the pastor should set a vision given by God.
Everyone needs his or her own personal "vision" from God. People should not follow men be they Pastors or anyone else. Nor should people desire to have followers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity