Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-30-2013, 12:45 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
That is the travesty of religious leadership retaining the ancient ignorance and superstition to extort obedience and membership. Christ wanted His Gospel of love to be spread through "love of God and each other" . . . the churches spread the Gospel of fear from the OT through beliefs ABOUT Christ, rules and tithing. Which do you think Christ actually would approve?
Got a verse for that? Oh, wait....you don't believe the Bible. You'd rather use your "new understanding".

Old 05-30-2013, 01:01 PM

796 posts, read 858,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cpg35223 View Post
Maybe no, maybe yes. But the term as applied to nondenominational churches is really apt, because their practices and doctrine are very, very close to those of the Baptists. In many cases, you wouldn't be able slide a piece of paper between the two. Just because they are not formally aligned with the Southern Baptists doesn't really matter.
I was basing it on them being Pentecostal which is not Baptist at all. I don't know about the entire country but in the parts I have been in the term "non-denominational" almost always means "Pentecostal" and definitely not "Baptist".

Old 05-30-2013, 01:05 PM

796 posts, read 858,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Well, let's go back to your response to my question: Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift
The process of coming to a commitment to live in love is an essential doctrine? Why?
If you don't know the answer to that one then you need to start off by learning what a Christian is and how to become one. Maybe you need to start a new thread where you can be taught if you really don't know that.

Sounds like a list of hoops to me. Go ahead and list them.
I am not the one who set up the "hoop" on how be become a Christian. Jesus did that. Do you know what that is? That is the question I would think.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:10 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
That is the travesty of religious leadership retaining the ancient ignorance and superstition to extort obedience and membership. Christ wanted His Gospel of love to be spread through "love of God and each other" . . . the churches spread the Gospel of fear from the OT through beliefs ABOUT Christ, rules and tithing. Which do you think Christ actually would approve?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Got a verse for that? Oh, wait....you don't believe the Bible. You'd rather use your "new understanding".
The intransigence of dogmatic religious leaders is quite frustrating. The scriptures are USEFUL for instruction in righteousness . . . NOT infallible prescriptions to be blindly followed without thought or reason. Study to show ourselves approved MEANS something that the religious leaders have abrogated by the retention of ancient ignorance as a mandatory sign of Faith in God. It is a spiritual crime that will have consequences.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:22 PM

Quote:
The intransigence of dogmatic religious leaders is quite frustrating. The scriptures are USEFUL for instruction in righteousness . . . NOT infallible prescriptions to be blindly followed without thought or reason. Study to show ourselves approved MEANS something that the religious leaders have abrogated by the retention of ancient ignorance as a mandatory sign of Faith in God. It is a spiritual crime that will have consequences.
You have what authority to make those statements?

Old 05-30-2013, 01:29 PM

63,775 posts, read 40,038,426 times
Quote:
What authority do I need to express my understanding using the "mind of Christ" as He revealed the TRUE NATURE of God to us unambiguously? In my case . . . Jesus successfully lifted the veil of ignorance that is over reading the OT. Apparently it has not been as successfully lifted for the mainstream churches because the leaders mandated acceptance of the ignorance as a sign of Faith in God . . . a sad irony and genuine travesty.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:31 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,157,543 times
Quote:
What is your authority to preach what you preach?

You have what authority to constantly tell people their beliefs are wrong?

You have what authority to decide what is the truth and what isn't?

Clearing all of that up would be helpful.

I'm also wondering if your church has a website since you seem so tremendously unhappy with the Movement's website.

Old 05-30-2013, 01:39 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times
Quote:
I explained the foundation for all precepts and acceptable guidelines for behavior in traditional Christianity, re the emphasis on Innocent, the hope in divine example set by the innocent one at the cross.

All of these items mentioned in my entry concerning the very well known and powerful teaching to be as children to enter the kingdom, are in fact connected to both peace and threat to the human species.

The leaders are responsible in communicating these important qualifications for a path in sanctification of soul, our objective as active Christians.

When the leader speaks in the infallible, he is doing the best possible in above, in the Spirit mentioned,

If you have a point in the itemized standards brought forward which you believe are out of step with the Divine, then please make your point with the Scriptures mentioned directive and how, it is something that has been over looked, as you evasively suggest. Other then that the contribution is hostile and makes no sense...including a vacant empty reservoir without substance in meaning.

All observance's and guidelines are in support of human flourish, anything contrary is a aversion away from the intended both in the setting, and as insult to the setting where manipulation is violently in motion in many ways.

I have to go and sketched this out quickly...your entries make no point whatsoever. If there is zero in common sense and appropriate data it will be ignored. I gotta fly and only on the go for now.

Last edited by stargazzer; 05-30-2013 at 01:47 PM..

Old 05-30-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
What is your authority to preach what you preach?
The Bible.
Quote:
You have what authority to constantly tell people their beliefs are wrong?
The Bible
Quote:
You have what authority to decide what is the truth and what isn't?
The Bible
Quote:
Clearing all of that up would be helpful.
The Bible. It's that simple
Quote:
I'm also wondering if your church has a website since you seem so tremendously unhappy with the Movement's website.
Nope. We don't. We're a small country church. People here barely care to use Facebook.

Keep in mind--I'm not down on The Movement's website. I think it's great that they have one. I find their statements of "Jesus, not religion", to be lacking.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:12 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,486,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post

If you scroll up thread, you will see that the Movement is not doctrinaire.
Sheena12,
You do realize that your post below is based on doctrinal foundation.... which (if not mistaken) is mostly taken from the Reformed doctrinal view on the Sacraments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
The Movement does not baptize infants, and practice believes baptism by full immersion.

There are two ordinances baptism and Lord's supper. The table is open to all believers.

Last Sunday four babies and young children were dedicated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity