Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2013, 09:17 AM

2,981 posts, read 2,933,611 times

Advertisements

...A Protestant of The Re-Form-Mation of The Catholic Church.

You can only break free of their claim of a Trinity doctrine if you refuse this 3 are 1 doctrine.

I'm not saying there is not God, Father, and Son.

I'm just saying these 3 are not 1.
That what makes you not a Protestant of The Re-Form-Mation of The Catholic Church.

The Catholic Church will always have their claim-to-fame of you, til you do.

We are not all catholics now...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 12:45 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RevelationWriter View Post

You can only break free of their claim of a Trinity doctrine if you refuse this 3 are 1 doctrine.

The alternative then, is to believe in polytheism. Because the Bible clearly says all 3 are God, and it clearly gives all 3 attributes of a person.
Quote:

That what makes you not a Protestant of The Re-Form-Mation of The Catholic Church.

I am "catholic", with a lower-case "c". It simply means "universal". I'm a member of the Christian Church. That's not a denomination, but rather the church Christ founded. Ironically, the title "Roman Catholic" is an oxymoron...it's like saying "Roman Universal". The 2 words contradict.

Old 05-24-2013, 04:59 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,018,190 times
The trinity is there because The creator Father God in His essence could not go to the earth and be the Saviour , because He is prefect in His essence that man would fry in His presence , Because man is not a perfect being living on the dark earth were sin abounds ...... So Holy Spirit which is the Spirit of God could go to the earth but power is equal to the devil ..............So Father God and the Saviour Jesus who have the power , where the devil would be removed with ease .....So Holy Spirit is the deliver of the power of Christ through the power of Father God through the blood of Jesus , as Jesus Blood is the judgment where all blessing come...... Still Father Son Jesus and Holy Spirit , are of One mind , where nothing Father Son Jesus ,and Holy Spirit do would cross the other in any way , as all three see and think the same ..... See to know Holy Spirit of Christ is the know Lord Jesus Christ is to Know Father God of Christ the Creator ..... See they are not three different beings , as this would bring strife and conflict and differences which can never be perfect..... Where God is perfect...

Old 05-24-2013, 06:35 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:

Actually, it is not Trinity Doctrine or even Unity that is the problem. It is the idea that one or the other is so essential to Christian perceptions that a person can't be a Christian unless he holds the "right" view. This has been so stringently enforced that people have been killed for it and THAT is of Satan.

Old 05-24-2013, 07:10 PM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I'm a member of the Christian Church. That's not a denomination, but rather the church Christ founded.
I'm a member of the church Christ founded, too, Vizio, but I don't believe in the Trinity, just the Godhead.

Old 05-25-2013, 05:12 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:

I wonder if all the others in the Old Testament that were called Messiah were meant to bring in God's Kingdom but failed in some way...Abraham, Moses, David...And Yeshua was the only one that walked 100% in the ways of the Father and therefore the Father was pleased to bestow His Word through His Spirit onto Yeshua...Just a thought...I think spirit is an abstract thought rather than a specific thing when spoken of...Like John being in the spirit of Elijah doesn't make him Elijah...

Old 05-25-2013, 04:05 PM

Quote:
The alternative then, is to believe in polytheism. Because the Bible clearly says all 3 are God, and it clearly gives all 3 attributes of a person.

I am "catholic", with a lower-case "c". It simply means "universal". I'm a member of the Christian Church. That's not a denomination, but rather the church Christ founded. Ironically, the title "Roman Catholic" is an oxymoron...it's like saying "Roman Universal". The 2 words contradict.
Yes, I know you are the mother church...

God did not come in flesh.

God sent His Word to become Flesh.

The catholic trinity doctrine says God Became Flesh.
Which is not scriptural. But traditional to their trinity doctrine.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:49 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I'm a member of the church Christ founded, too, Vizio, but I don't believe in the Trinity, just the Godhead.
We've had this discussion. Your version of Christ is much different than the one of the Bible. They are not the same person.

Should I just start calling you "Mike"? Or do names and identities actually matter?

Old 05-26-2013, 11:12 AM

28,097 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
We've had this discussion. Your version of Christ is much different than the one of the Bible. They are not the same person.
My version of Christ is fully Biblical. I believe every last word that the Bible has to say about Christ. I just don't believe what a council of uninspired men convened at the request of a pagan emperor had to say about Christ. Maybe it's your version of Christ that's different than the one of the Bible.

Quote:
Should I just start calling you "Mike"? Or do names and identities actually matter?
Sure, Vizio. Feel free to call me Mike if it makes you happy. And I'll start calling you "Susan." Of course what you choose to call me and what I choose to call you doesn't change who either of us really is.

Old 05-28-2013, 05:27 AM

Who are the "Gods" God is God "OF" ?

Scripture says God Is "The God Of Gods".

Jesus being The Word Of God In The Flesh said
He called The 'children' of Israel gods in their law.

Why did they not believe they were 'gods' ?

Being 'the children of God' ?
Why wouldn't we be the gods, God is God Of ?

After all it can't be such a bad thing when Jesus Himself proclaimed them gods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity