Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2013, 10:54 PM

28,096 posts, read 29,957,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint heir with jesus View Post
I recall the old saying that knowledge is power. When we combine that with the scripture "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge" ( of God and His ways- Hosea 4:6) it tells me that we should, as Christians, should be trying to share our knowledge of God and the Bible with others who seek after the truth. Knowing the truth of Christian doctrine, God, His nature and characteristics allows humanity to make the best decisions for their eternal future. Let's all jump in and exchange our knowledge of God and His Word. Many people have questions (both simple and very complex) that, IMO, if answered would promote a closer relationship with God, possibly even leading to salvation. It should be noted that no-one can truly speak for God and we should all take the answers provide with a grain of salt, as people's interpretation of God's Word varies from individual to individual. There are going to be a great many issues we will just not know the truth about until we leave this physical life and see God face to face. One more quick note: Just because we many not be able to answer your question does not mean that there isn't an answer to it! Don't be discouraged! Keep asking your questions!
If I could ask God one question, I guess it would be, "Why am I so blessed? I know I'm no more deserving than the next guy, so I'd just like to know how you decided to give me such a good life." If I could ask God two questions, the second one would be, "Am I doing okay?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2013, 04:17 PM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
Did you mean to phrase the question that way? I ask because God does "let" everyone believe if they choose to. He loves us enough to allow us to choose Him or not.

It's His will that none should perish without Him.

2 Peter 3:9, "The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance."

1 Timothy 2:3-4, "This is good, and pleases God our Savior, 4 who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth."

Ezekiel 18:23, "Have I any pleasure at all that the wicked should die? saith the Lord GOD: and not that he should return from his ways, and live?"

But He won't force people to. He gave people the freedom to decide for themselves. How much more meaningful a relationship is when someone CHOOSES to believe in and love you than if they are made (forced) to!

When people recognize the sacrifice that God made through Jesus, and they run to Him and abandon themselves, how amazing that must be to Him!!!
If he "loves us enough to allow us to choose"..does that mean He no longer loves us if we can't?, or won't?..Does that mean we either embrace a blind faith in a God we'd never know (if there wasn't a book written by man about Him) or perish?.Do you think God sees all unbelievers (those who require proof to believe) as wicked?..Do you think a person can be fair and just, compassionate and caring, and also not be really "living" just cause he/she doesn't believe?..No force would be necessary if God would actually make himself known...not just in a book...Do you think a non believer is any less a good person than those that do?....

Old 06-04-2013, 04:23 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,441 times
One question? Why does he allow his followers to get crapped on all the time while others who treat people like crap get nothing but breaks...

Or I'd ask why do some of the good people, no great people die to early while the evil people seem to live forever...

Old 06-04-2013, 04:30 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,077,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
One question? Why does he allow his followers to get crapped on all the time while others who treat people like crap get nothing but breaks...
Or I'd ask why do some of the good people, no great people die to early while the evil people seem to live forever...
They finished early.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:07 PM

9,981 posts, read 8,590,580 times
I wouldn't ask anything. He will answer all in His time.

Old 06-04-2013, 05:39 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Does He take sugar with His tea.

Old 06-05-2013, 05:57 AM

1,543 posts, read 1,313,529 times
Jesus said in Matt. 7:[21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
So the most important question for us is, "are we doing His will, as laid out for us in the Bible."
Jesus further says in Matt.5:[6] Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled (with the Holy Spirit - which God gives to all who obey Him - see Acts 5:32)

Old 06-05-2013, 06:35 AM

25,959 posts, read 22,113,827 times
One question to God: When you decided to give man "free will", did you have any idea that it would end up like it has?" And I would add, "I know this has to be so disappointing for you."

Old 06-05-2013, 08:22 AM

2,271 posts, read 2,650,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by purehuman View Post
If he "loves us enough to allow us to choose"..does that mean He no longer loves us if we can't?, or won't?..Does that mean we either embrace a blind faith in a God we'd never know (if there wasn't a book written by man about Him) or perish?.Do you think God sees all unbelievers (those who require proof to believe) as wicked?..Do you think a person can be fair and just, compassionate and caring, and also not be really "living" just cause he/she doesn't believe?..No force would be necessary if God would actually make himself known...not just in a book...Do you think a non believer is any less a good person than those that do?....
Your's is a hypothetical question at best. (Belligerence at worst.) Why? Because people CAN choose. And the DO choose. NOT choosing IS choosing. And, yes, God still loves every person, giving them more chances and opportunities to turn to Him. Each day, each hour, each minute is a choice. And, until each person draws their last breath, they can choose and they have hope.

Even the thief who died on the cross next to Jesus began by mocking Him and repented at the very end. Jesus told him, "This day you will be with Me in Paradise." It's never too late, no matter what what you've done. King David, the apple of God's eye, was a murder and adulterer. The Apostle Paul murdered Christians. Matthew worked for the IRS.

I will answer every single question you just asked, if you will answer mine first. (I answer everyone's questions and points and only 2% of mine are responded to. So, the degree of your honesty matters.) If you're seeking honest answers, you'll get them. If you're here to bait, argue and mock, you'll not hook me. So, the choice is yours.

Why are you so angry with God? You obviously believe He at least exists. Here's how I know:

You're in the Christian Forums a lot. The people who spend so much of their time in a place they don't belong to, don't like or don't believe in, do it for one of three reasons: A) To mock, harass and spew hate, B) Because they need psychological help (textbook Psychology 101). Normal, healthy people don't spend inordinate amounts of time in places they don't like or believe in. You don't see me on the Muslim or Buddhist boards acting like the unbelievers here do. Or C) You know He exists but you're angry with Him and/or people who call themselves Christians and you're actually here arguing and mocking in hopes that you'll you'll read something that will finally make you believe because you that's what you really want.

I have asked this of many unbelievers who spend so much time here. Funny thing. None of them have ever responded. They, like yourself, just come in and demand answers. So, it's one of the three :

1) Are you here to mock and spew hate?
2) You need psychiatric help? Or
3) Do know He exists but you're angry with, or hurt by, Him. Something(s) stopping you from surrendering to Him. What is it? Hate? Anger? Revenge? Unforgiveness? Bitterness? How could God do/allow this or that? Is there a sin you're not willing to stop?

The thing is, you know a book has been written about Him -- that's evident. (Are you wondering if it's really written BY Him?) You know Jesus existed and did the things accredited to Him because it's historically and archeologically documented. It's irrefutable, undeniable, and 100% historically documented proof of all of this. Sounds incredible right? I've given that proof here several times and NOT ONE person has ever looked at it. They've only scoffed at it. FEAR keeps them from inspecting it for themselves.

One last thing I would say to EVERY non-believer who is reading this and frequents the Christian Forurm, whether it's to mock and hate or in hopes to read something that will finally convince them.

Time is running out. No, that's not a fear tactic, it's the truth; a warning given in love. (If it turned out to be true and no one told you, wouldn't you be ticked off?) Even the world knows something's up. There are even films out now that mock and make fun of Christians and the end times. (Rapture Palooza, The End is Near...) But, all over the world every person feels it inside. "Somethings up. This isn't good."

So I would say seek the Lord while He can still be found. Seek Him while His forgiveness and mercy are still available. Time is short.

Last edited by plain and simple; 06-05-2013 at 08:37 AM..

Old 06-05-2013, 10:00 AM

13,511 posts, read 19,279,635 times
1)..I wasn't aware that asking questions was mocking or spewing hate..2) I doubt that I need psychiatric help any more than you do...3) No, I don't know He exists, so I certainly can't be angry with (or feel that I've been hurt) by Him, can I...You've got it all wrong with your assumptions about me...I don't hate, I don't feel anger, or bitterness. By trying to understand how and why you believe, does not (at all) mean I am being unforgiving, or revengeful...Do you think that you might be more receptive to my honest questions (none of which you've answered) if this were not a christian forum?..why does it seem to bother you so much to give answers to those who ask? You are Christian I gather, and not all those who've not claimed a denomination of their own are out to mock you and put you down...that is YOUR judgement against me...I won't judge you though, as I respect every ones desire to seek answers to what they may sometimes wonder about...If you see that as being disrespectful to you, (or other Christians) then I'm sorry for that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity