Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2013, 01:46 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,812,081 times

Advertisements

Is God more interested in results, or processes?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2013, 02:36 PM

63,354 posts, read 39,631,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Is God more interested in results, or processes?
An excellent question . . . but it seems misleading. The processes are integral to the results, IMO. It is our state of mind and how we think, feel and behave that constitute the processes that produce the results ("fruits") in "love of God and each other" . . . some "30 fold, some 60 fold, and some 100 fold."

Old 06-01-2013, 02:39 PM

17,574 posts, read 45,968,514 times
Apparently from reading this thread there is no need to ask god any question as every one has been answered by humans.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:43 PM

63,354 posts, read 39,631,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by manderly6 View Post
Apparently from reading this thread there is no need to ask god any question as every one has been answered by humans.
That is not true . . . humans have their OPINIONS about them . . . not necessarily answers. Our personal relationship with God will determine how certain we will feel about those opinions.

Old 06-01-2013, 02:45 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,812,081 times
And the question is whether God may be using humans to answer.

Old 06-01-2013, 03:03 PM

9,003 posts, read 13,755,150 times
Mine would be:

Why did you make me to look like this knowing I was going to suffer hardship.
I was only trying to do the best and follow your laws. But by your making me the way I am,it became harder to follow your laws.

Old 06-02-2013, 11:46 AM

505 posts, read 571,514 times
To me it's becoming appearent that information is missing right here among non-believers on this forum AND AMONG CHRISTIAN'S also. Please let me share what I know to be true with you guys. We can call this: "The Limitations of God".
MAN-MADE AND SELF-IMPOSED LIMITATIONS OF GOD
There are two kinds of limitations on God:
1. Man-made and
2. God self-imposed
Much of humanity has failed to realize, to LEARN really, that God has limitations. This failure to learn seems to apply to all people: atheists, agnostics, believers of every major and minor religion and also includes Christians. Of all the varous reasons that people world-wide do not believe in God, I know in my heart that limitations on Him are the number one reason. They are also paramount in a Christian's lack of faith when certain prayers are not answered. This in turn can lead to a falling away from God in part or eventually, completely. This lack of closeness to God hinders the believer from becoming all that he or she can be in Christ. Many Christians leave the church after two or three years shaking their heads and saying, "Is that all there is? I really thought there would be more." There is more! Going to the right church (a Spirit-filled church) and learning of and accepting the limitations of God lead to a deeper understanding of God and therefore a better relationship to Him.
Some Christians understand, but few non-believers grasp the concept that just because God is all powerful doesn't mean that He can do whatever He wants, whenever He wants. THIS IS SIMPLY NOT TRUE!! Please receive this: OUR SIN HINDERS GOD'S ABILITY TO ANSWER PRAYERS, BLESS US, ANNOINT US OR EVEN COMMUNICATE WITH US. It doesn't take long for God to show us this basic principle. He kicks Adam and Eve out of the Garden of Eden which separates them from Him, in the very first book of the Bible, Genesis. The PHYSICAL separation between Adam and Eve and God represents what happens SPIRITUALLY between God and sinful man. If any one doctrine is crystal clear as presented in the Holy Bible it is that sin separates man from God. The duration and intensity of this separation however, is up each individual human being. Additionally, He has ordained rules and regulations FOR HIMSELF that govern His actions just the same as He created laws and rules for you and I. These are limitations God has placed upon Himself. Many of these limits are linked together by common moral, ethical and spiritual laws- the boundaries of which God can never allow Himself to step over. These are boundaries that He CANNOT cross. These are boundaries that He WILL NOT cross. Not crossing these boundaries often-times makes it tough for man to see and interact with God. Just as a quick example consider this: Even though God the Father, the Holy Spirit and Jesus are one in unity, neither the Father nor the Holy Spirit could or would attempt to stop THE WORD from becoming flesh and giving His life as a ransom for all of humanity (not that they would have mind you!). Even if they wished to (which they did not) they could not have done so because of The Word's own freedom of choice. This is an example of a limitation of God.

MENTAL IMAGE OF GOD
We all retain mental images in our brain. Along with this mental image comes whatever understanding and knowledge we have on the subject. If I say the word "banana" to you, your mind immediately places a picture and mental understanding of it in your consciousness and you know exactly what I am talking about. You know exactly how it looks, smells, feels and tastes. You know that you have to peel it's yellow outer skin back to get at all it's goodness inside. This is your mental image of a banana. A God with limitations doesn't fit very well in our human mental image. The words limitations, boundaries or restrictions don't seem to apply to God; it seems contrary to our human way of thinking to even insinuate that God might be limited. The flaw with mental images is that they are not always accurate; they don't always reflect or relay to us the whole truth. Sports fans carry a mental image of their favorite teams but often see them as alot better than they really are. They may also see their opponents as not quite as good as they truly are. This happens when their emotions get infused into the mental image. Other flaws occur from lack of knowledge, learning and/or understanding. If you are a Christian who currently is or has in the past blamed God for anything, you need to be reminded of His limitations or learn of them now. If you are a non-believer reading this, it is intended to reveal the truth about the limitations of God and thus create within your mind a new and accurate mental image of God. It is written to teach you of the truth of God's ability OR INABILITY to interact with a sinful humanity.
PHYSICAL AND SPIRITUAL LAWS OF GOD
In addition to establishing physical laws, such as the laws that govern and run the universe (like gravity, light, heat, cold, nuclear fusion, momentum etc..), God also created all spiritual laws. ***He is MORALLY and LEGALLY BOUND TO HONOR ALL of these laws, so, effectually, BOTH MAN AND GOD must conform to them.*** We actually have the better end of the deal because we can sin, breaking the spiritual law of sin and death, but still be forgiven. (Note that this does not eliminate all consequences of sin!). ***God, however, cannot break any law He has established at any time.***
As it always is in disobedient man, we come in direct conflict with some of these spiritual laws, especially when we sin. An astute Bible student will observe that these laws sometimes create CONDITIONS. In other words, God puts forth a kind of "flow chart" for blessings, cursings and even communication. In countless verses, we see God telling us something like, "IF you do such and such, THEN I will do so and so", or "I will bless you IF, you obey....".
By count, the word "if" appears no less than 1,522 times in scripture. Of course, not all of them describe conditions to be met by us, but many of them do. These conditional verses often use the words "then" and "when" in them. Look for these conditions as you read and study the Word. For purposes of this writing, conditions and limitations are nearly the same thing. There is no way to escape, steer around or circumvent these conditions. ***These conditions and limitations can directly impact our salvation! Our own actions, specifically our sins and iniquities place limitations upon God as far as what He is able to do in our lives. They turn Him away from us and tie His hands so to speak. Despite the limitation sin imposes upon God and the consequences it has for man, God created a way out of this mess- forgiveness, confession of sin and reunion with God through His only son Jesus Christ. Sin creates man-made limitations imposed upon God within the confines of the spiritual laws He created. They come into effect in the every day lives of the non-believer, Christian and in many verses concerning backsliding, limiting what God is able to do for us and with us.*** In one way or another, in some form or another, no matter who you are or what your relationship to God is, the limitations of God will affect your life sometime.

A PARTIAL list of the limitations on God follows. Some of them appear to be very similar to others. Take note of the wording and syntax of each. Some of the limitations MAN places upon God are:
1. HE CANNOT BLESS MANKIND APART FROM US HAVING AND EXERCISING FAITH.
2. HE CANNOT CURSE MANKIND IF THEY MEET ALL HIS CONDITIONS AND TERMS.
3. HE CANNOT SAVE MEN OR WOMEN WHO CONTINUE TO REBEL AGAINST HIM.
4. HE CANNOT SAVE MEN OR WOMEN WHO CONTINUE TO FAIL TO MEET HIS CONDITIONS OR TERMS OF SALVATION.
5. HE CANNOT TURN YOU DOWN IF YOU COME TO HIM WHILE MEETING HIS CONDITIONS OR TERMS.
6. HE CANNOT FAIL TO ANSWER PRAYER WHEN IT IS PRAYED WITH UNWAIVERING FAITH.
7. HE CANNOT KEEP ONE SAVED WHO CONTINUES TO LIVE IN SIN.
8. HE CANNOT CANCEL THE PENALTY FOR SIN APART FROM ONE BEING IN AND STAYING IN JESUS CHRIST.
9. HE CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY MAN OR WOMAN WILL CONTINUE TO BE IN JESUS CHRIST.
10. HE CANNOT ELIMINATE WHAT IS REAPED FOR WHAT IS SOWN.
11. HE CANNOT AND WILL NOT RECOGNIZE ANY MAN OR WOMAN AS HIS CHILD AND A PART OF HIS VERY OWN FAMILY WHO SERVES THE DEVIL AND OR SIN.
12. HE CANNOT KEEP A SAVED CHRISTIAN FROM COMMITTING SIN, OR GOING BACK INTO A SINFUL LIFESTYLE IF THAT IS WHAT HE OR SHE CHOOSES TO DO.
13. HE CANNOT STOP THE DEATH PENALTY FOR SIN, IF AND WHEN A SAVED CHRISTIAN DECIDES TO GO BACK INTO THAT LIFESTYLE.
(Gal. 5:19-21, 6:7-8; Heb. 6:4-9; Ex. 32:32-33; Ezek. 33:12-20).
(original list from Dake's Annotated Reference Bible) www.dake.com
Brothers and sisters, there are more and I think we should talk about these and others. Gaining information about why God can or CAN'T interact with us, to me, is some of the most valuable information in the world!

Old 06-02-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
I think the biggest question I would ask God is what's the point of it all? Why all of this and for what because even though the meaning of life is whatever meaning you give to it. What was His overall meaning for creation and why, despite all that goes on, does He keep it going?
Royalite: God has a plan for the universe but it ALL centers on mankind. He created the earth and the universe so we could have a physical location to live our lives in. He created man for His good pleasure, so He could fellowship with us and have a personal one on one relationship with us...with you. That's why we are here. This is the meaning of life! It keeps going on because that part of the plan is up to us. We can already know that there will be eternal generations of man. Right now you could say that we are in part one. This is the early part of the plan where each individual will be judged as to whether or not they are worthy to go on to part two, which is eternal SPIRITUAL life. Those who humble themselves and admit that they are sinners and accept God's free gift of salvation through Jesus Christ continue that relationship with God in the spiritual eternity. Those who stubbornly refuse to humble themselves to God will not. Many non-believers used to laugh when Christian's used the "it's a test" phrase on them, but truly, that's what it is. This age we are now in which is rapidly deteriorating to the point where man may soon destroy ourselves with nuclear war, shows us that we cannot manage our lives successfully without God. God will not let that happen.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalite View Post
Right. And this is what many have told me and to an extent what I believe. Nevertheless, I would like to hear the answer from Him.
If you are a child of God you can hear from God directly. This will be the Holy Spirit speaking to your spirit directly. This may sound bold to you, but you have the RIGHT to here from Him. This is your position in Christ as a believer in Him. God tells us:
John 10:14-16

New King James Version (NKJV)

I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd. (Biblegate.com) Jesus is speaking of us, the gentiles, which were the non-Jews of His day.

I can tell you this from my own experience: your best shot at hearing God's voice comes after YOU RECIEVE THE BAPTISM IN THE HOLY SPIRIT. (I think it goes without saying that this cannot happen to those who are not saved.)

It's unlikely that after your baptism you will hear God's voice AUDIBLY, but with God all things are possible. AS A RULE, the Holy Spirit's voice will be picked up by your own spirit inside you. Look at the word "heart". Drop off the first letter "h" and the last letter "t". We used to say that you listen with the "ears" of your heart, not your physical ears.

If you want to "hear" God talk to you:
1. get saved
2. receive the Baptism in the Holy Spirit
3. set time aside to LISTEN for His voice.

Old 06-02-2013, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
I get depressed because my beliefs are not typical Christian beliefs, they are so different that marrying an average Christian would be like Interfaith marriage which I do not know if God supports.

I also get depressed because I am so pious, and I want a mate who is equally pious but I feel as if there aren't any people truly dedicated to God any more.

To top those things off, I am Shy, Introverted, and have a fear of meeting new people and a fear of crowds.

No I have never tried Christian mingle, thought about it, but negativity keeps me from ever trying.
How do your beliefs differ from "typical" Christian beliefs?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity