Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 07:28 PM

472 posts, read 570,640 times

Advertisements

I'm just saying, why would someone ask this? What's the value in it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 07:32 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,650,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
Even though Jesus was fully God, when He became a man, Philippians 2:6–8 says He voluntarily restricted the use of certain divine attributes. He didn't manifest them unless directed by the Father, according to John 4:34; 5:30; 6:38. Jesus showed His omniscience on several occasions but He voluntarily restricted that omniscience to only those things God wanted Him to know during the days of His humanity. After He was resurrected, Jesus resumed His full divine knowledge, as Matthew 28:18 and Acts 1:7 say.

Jesus, now exalted in Heaven, surely knows all, including the timing of His Second Coming.
For those wondering if there's a point to the discussion, we'll soon find out. If the OP was asking sincerely, then what I posted above is the exact, factual answer and he/she will accept the answer, be happy and move on. If they don't, then they're merely trying to start an argument by baiting others into it. If this is the case, I recommend that the rest of us just move on and not take the bait.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:36 PM

There's a fantastic married couple i know, who were missionaries in India for 20 years. They didn't pick apart bible verses. They didn't judge people. They just love people and have done so much to enrich the lives of people around them. They have helped so many. They are my parents.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97701 View Post
I understand WHY someone would ask it. I know many Christians who have. It comes from a lack of understanding (or not piecing together) the scriptures that Jesus, who is fully God, voluntarily restricted the use of some of His divine attributes while He lived as a man on the earth. But, now that He's back with the Father (with Whom He is One with), all of His divine attributes have been fully restored once again.

You can't fault someone for asking a question. Once they display their motive, however, then we can know and either answer their question in love or just shake the dust from our feet, move on and not take the bait. Those are the choices for Christians. Getting our noses out of joint, in either case, is simply not scriptural or Christlike.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:06 PM

115 posts, read 131,543 times
Quote:
LOL...don't know, the OP will have to answer that.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:10 PM

995 posts, read 956,216 times
Jesus is YHWHY, and YHWHY can flood the earth, or tell his prophets to commit genocide, and spread terrorism to all mankind. Jesus> Micheal

Old 05-27-2013, 08:14 PM

For those of us who don't believe the YHWHY stuff, life goes on and people are made miserable by the fundamentalists who first ask "are they Christian" before even treating a person like a human.

Why is there so much hate in the name of god?

Old 05-27-2013, 08:24 PM

Quote:
For those of us who don't believe the YHWHY stuff, life goes on and people are made miserable by the fundamentalists who first ask "are they Christian" before even treating a person like a human.

Sadly, you're right. There is a lot of hatred spewed in the name of God. Something I would ask you to ponder, in that regard however, is that not everyone who calls themselves a Christian actually IS one.

I see this pop up a lot and think I'll start a thread about it. Watch for it and ask questions if you like.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:49 PM

995 posts, read 956,216 times
Quote:

It all started with Moses and his books. Any religion that has anything to do with YHWHY and Moses is cursed.

Old 05-27-2013, 09:12 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
There's a fantastic married couple i know, who were missionaries in India for 20 years. They didn't pick apart bible verses. They didn't judge people. They just love people and have done so much to enrich the lives of people around them. They have helped so many. They are my parents.
Some only ever read God's word, others get out and live it.

You are lucky and blessed to have such parents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity