Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2018, 12:59 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,192,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
The meaning of “Angels” in scripture is messengers, it is the doctrines of men that have been read back into the scriptures that have created actual beings called “angels” and “demons”

The scriptures are metaphoric, prophetic and allegoric and not to be read literally
Indeed, there have been messengers’ who have fallen, but they weren’t angels! These false prophets have attempted to turn the truth of adversity into the lie called Satan through the blending of Christianity with the thoughts of Pagan philosophers, under the authority of the Emperors who required a national amalgamated religion to solidity their control over the people.

"To fully integrate adversity is to assimilate it into one’s own mind."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2018, 01:27 PM

32,930 posts, read 26,160,446 times
Quote:
The meaning of “Angels” in scripture is messengers, it is the doctrines of men that have been read back into the scriptures that have created actual beings called “angels” and “demons”

The scriptures are metaphoric, prophetic and allegoric and not to be read literally
Why are you being dogmatic about something which is only your personal opinion? You've apparently come to believe that absolutely everything is the Bible is allegorical and nothing is literal.

In the case of angels, both the Bible and extra-biblical sources present angels as literal spirit beings. There is no justification for regarding as allegorical or symbolic what is clearly presented as being literal.

Last edited by Michael Way; 12-30-2018 at 01:38 PM..

Old 12-30-2018, 01:56 PM

11,713 posts, read 3,577,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Why are you being dogmatic about something which is only your personal opinion? You've apparently come to believe that absolutely everything is the Bible is allegorical and nothing is literal.

In the case of angels, both the Bible and extra-biblical sources present angels as literal spirit beings. There is no justification for regarding as allegorical or symbolic what is clearly presented as being literal.
You have your understanding, I have mine

In my opinion That is all we are told to do is be messengers of the gospel of the good news of the coming of the kingdom

You seem to split Gods kingdom up into a piece for Christians who get “heaven” all non christians get eternal torment in hell, and then a totally new earth created for Israel to rule over

But I see only one kingdom which is the joining of The house of Judah with the house of Israel through Christ

This Christ is not a physical man because God is not a man and is working everything through his spirit

That is my understanding at the moment, but I am always open to learning

Old 12-30-2018, 02:46 PM

32,930 posts, read 26,160,446 times
Quote:
You have your understanding, I have mine

In my opinion That is all we are told to do is be messengers of the gospel of the good news of the coming of the kingdom

You seem to split Gods kingdom up into a piece for Christians who get “heaven” all non christians get eternal torment in hell, and then a totally new earth created for Israel to rule over

But I see only one kingdom which is the joining of The house of Judah with the house of Israel through Christ

This Christ is not a physical man because God is not a man and is working everything through his spirit

That is my understanding at the moment, but I am always open to learning
The Bible teaches that to be saved, one must believe in Jesus. All whose names are not in the book of life will be sent to the lake of fire. You can't honestly deny that the Bible states that. You can only refuse to believe it.

And Jesus before coming into the world as a member of the human race, ''a physical man,'' pre-existed as God as is clearly stated in John 1:1,14. And Second John verse 7 states that those who deny that Jesus came in the flesh are deceivers.

Your ''understanding'' disagrees with the apostolic teachers.

Old 12-30-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
you have your understanding, i have mine

in my opinion that is all we are told to do is be messengers of the gospel of the good news of the coming of the kingdom

you seem to split gods kingdom up into a piece for christians who get “heaven” all non christians get eternal torment in hell, and then a totally new earth created for israel to rule over

but i see only one kingdom which is the joining of the house of judah with the house of israel through christ

this christ is not a physical man because god is not a man and is working everything through his spirit

that is my understanding at the moment, but i am always open to learning
"...as I live, says the lord, every knee shall bow, and every tongue shall give praise to god."

Old 12-30-2018, 03:18 PM

32,530 posts, read 21,861,394 times
Quote:
The Bible teaches that to be saved, one must believe in Jesus. All whose names are not in the book of life will be sent to the lake of fire. You can't honestly deny that the Bible states that. You can only refuse to believe it.

And Jesus before coming into the world as a member of the human race, ''a physical man,'' pre-existed as God as is clearly stated in John 1:1,14. And Second John verse 7 states that those who deny that Jesus came in the flesh are deceivers.

Nah, his understanding disagrees with you, Mike...

Old 12-30-2018, 04:41 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,689,741 times
Quote:

Mike555. The names written in the book of life are new names that no man knows except for the One who gives it. Therefore, Mike555 will not be a name in the book of life. Does this mean you are going to hell? No. However, it doesn't exclude you from the fiery refinement of God. It's impossible to speak to you about spiritual things when you continue to use your carnal mind. I know you may think people are trying to mess with you, but they actually are not -- just noting that you are still bound to a carnal understanding of the bible. Ask God to open your spiritual eyes. Is there any reason why you would not ask God to do that?

Old 12-30-2018, 05:14 PM

63,461 posts, read 39,726,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Mike555. The names written in the book of life are new names that no man knows except for the One who gives it. Therefore, Mike555 will not be a name in the book of life. Does this mean you are going to hell? No. However, it doesn't exclude you from the fiery refinement of God. It's impossible to speak to you about spiritual things when you continue to use your carnal mind. I know you may think people are trying to mess with you, but they actually are not -- just noting that you are still bound to a carnal understanding of the bible. Ask God to open your spiritual eyes. Is there any reason why you would not ask God to do that?
Good advice.

Old 12-30-2018, 05:27 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,689,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
"...as I live, says the lord, every knee shall bow, and every tongue shall give praise to god."

Old 12-30-2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
All whose names are not in the book of life will be sent to the lake of fire.

You can't honestly deny that the Bible states that. You can only refuse to believe it.
But your view is incorrect, it has nothing to do with being in HELL, as the HELL you believe in doesn't exist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity