Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2019, 10:10 PM

3,061 posts, read 913,459 times

Advertisements

I've walked with and talked with an angel
He picks me up each time that I fall down
He's one who knows and understands my heartaches
For just like me, he himself had fallen down

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert
He himself was lifted up upon a tree
Now he sits beside our Father in the Kingdom
Where he intercedes with God for fools like me. …...The Anointed.

Moses lifted up upon a pole, an IMAGE of the serpent in the wilderness, and, to be saved, those who were dying because of the venom that was coursing through their veins, only had to turn their eyes to the IMAGE that had been lifted up.

In the same manner, the IMAGE of 'The Son of Man, had to be lifted up upon a stake, so that those who are dying because of the venom of the old serpent, only have to turn to their eyes to the IMAGE that has been lifted up. John 3: 13.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2019, 10:38 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,041,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Anointed View Post
I've walked with and talked with an angel
He picks me up each time that I fall down
He's one who knows and understands my heartaches
For just like me, he himself had fallen down

And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the desert
He himself was lifted up upon a tree
Now he sits beside our Father in the Kingdom
Where he intercedes with God for fools like me. …...The Anointed.

Moses lifted up upon a pole, an IMAGE of the serpent in the wilderness, and, to be saved, those who were dying because of the venom that was coursing through their veins, only had to turn their eyes to the IMAGE that had been lifted up.

In the same manner, the IMAGE of 'The Son of Man, had to be lifted up upon a stake, so that those who are dying because of the venom of the old serpent, only have to turn to their eyes to the IMAGE that has been lifted up. John 3: 13.

Old 07-04-2019, 11:00 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,163,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokconl View Post
can fallen angels repent for their sins and be forgiven by God? has it happened? will it happen according to the bible
No it will not happen.......all those who have seen Jesus personally and still rejected Him will perish without a hearing (no great white throne) and further Jesus did not die for the fallen angels..........they are toast

Old 07-04-2019, 12:48 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,022,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
No it will not happen.......all those who have seen Jesus personally and still rejected Him will perish without a hearing (no great white throne) and further Jesus did not die for the fallen angels..........they are toast
And how do you know this?...

Old 07-04-2019, 01:10 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,369,528 times
Lemme ask this because of a post I saw here..if anyone repented ...would God not forgive them?
That's what He has been waiting for!!!!

Old 07-04-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
You are a complete waste of time. I've had it with you.
Well, stop being so deceptive...

Old 07-05-2019, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
I will provide you with two examples from the Babylonian Talmud.

1.) The Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 98b where Rabbis' are asking the name of the Messiah.
Apropos the Messiah, the Gemara asks: What is his name? The school of Rabbi Sheila says: Shiloh is his name, as it is stated: “Until when Shiloh shall come” (Genesis 49:10). The school of Rabbi Yannai says: Yinnon is his name, as it is stated: “May his name endure forever; may his name continue [yinnon] as long as the sun; and may men bless themselves by him” (Psalms 72:17). The school of Rabbi Ḥanina says: Ḥanina is his name, as it is stated: “For I will show you no favor [ḥanina]” (Jeremiah 16:13). And some say that Menaḥem ben Ḥizkiyya is his name, as it is stated: “Because the comforter [menaḥem] that should relieve my soul is far from me” (Lamentations 1:16). And the Rabbis say: The leper of the house of Rabbi Yehuda HaNasi is his name, as it is stated: “Indeed our illnesses he did bear and our pains he endured; yet we did esteem him injured, stricken by God, and afflicted” (Isaiah 53:4). [Bolding mine]

https://www.sefaria.org/Sanhedrin.98b.14?lang=bi
In the Babylonian Talmud, Sanhedrin 98b the rabbis (that's plural; more than one rabbi) refer to Isaiah 53:4 and give their opinion of the name of the Messiah.

2.) The Babylonian Talmud, Sotah 14a which says that Isaiah 53 refers to Moses (an individual).
Rabbi Samlai taught: For what reason did Moses our teacher greatly desire to enter Eretz Yisrael? Did he need to eat of its produce, or did he need to satisfy himself from its goodness? Rather, this is what Moses said: Many mitzvot were commanded to the Jewish people, and some of them can be fulfilled only in Eretz Yisrael, so I will enter the land in order that they can all be fulfilled by me.

The Holy One, Blessed be He, said to him: Do you seek to enter the land to perform these mitzvot for any reason other than to receive a reward? I will ascribe you credit as if you had performed them and you will receive your reward, as it is stated: “Therefore will I divide him a portion among the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the mighty; because he bared his soul unto death, and was numbered with the transgressors; yet he bore the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors” (Isaiah 53:12).

Rabbi Samlai proceeds to expound the verse “Therefore will I divide him a portion among the great” to mean that he will receive reward. One might have thought that he will receive reward like the later ones and not like the earlier ones, so the verse states: “And he shall divide the spoil with the mighty,” meaning like Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob, who were mighty in Torah and in mitzvot. “Because he bared his soul unto death,” meaning he gave himself over to death on behalf of the Jewish people, as it is stated: “Yet now, if You will forgive their sin; and if not, blot me, I pray You, out of Your book that You have written” (Exodus 32:32).

“And was numbered with the transgressors,” meaning that he was counted among those who died in the desert, for, just like them, he did not enter Eretz Yisrael. “Yet he bore the sin of many,” as he atoned for the incident of the Golden Calf. “And made intercession [yafgia] for the transgressors,” as he requested mercy for the sinners of Israel so that they should engage in repentance. And the word pegia means nothing other than prayer, as it is stated: “Therefore pray not you for this people, neither lift up cry nor prayer for them, neither make intercession [tifga] to Me; for I will not hear you” (Jeremiah 7:16).

https://www.sefaria.org/Sotah.14a.10...h=all&lang2=en
If you want more, you can do your own research. I'm not going to do it for you. I will however quote Dr. Michael L. Brown who writes,
For almost one thousand years after the birth of Yeshua, not one rabbl, not one Talmudic teacher, not one Jewish sage, left us an interpretation showing that Isaiah 53 should be interpreted with reference to the nation of Israel (as opposed to a righteous individual, or righteous individuals, within Israel), despite the fact the fact that verses from Isaiah are quoted in the New Testament and were often used in Jewish-Christian debate.

Answering Jewish Objections to Jesus, Volume Three, p. 41
That's all the time I'm spending on this. You can either believe the information in this post . . .or not.
I think the above shows to anyone who objectively examines this issue that without any doubt Rashi had ample support for his views from earlier Rabbinic traditions, especially the Targum of Yonason. His explanation of the literal meaning fits quite well with various early teachings of the Rabbis. This confirms what I said before about the passage in Origen, that Celsus is accurately relating what was the Jewish view of Isaiah 53 in ancient times[33]. There was nothing ‘new’ about the explanation of Rashi, even though his method of presentation in his commentary was breaking new ground. Regardless of the claims by missionaries, and their bogus conspiracy theories, Rashi is following in the footsteps of the earlier generations. - https://judaismsanswer.com/RashiandIsaiah53.htm

Old 07-05-2019, 05:23 AM

11:4. We may assume that a person is the Messiah if he fulfills the following conditions: He must be a ruler, from the house of David, immersed in Torah and its commandments like David his ancestor. He must also follow both the written and the Oral Torah, lead all Jews back to the Torah, strengthen the observance of its laws, and fight G-d’s battles. If one fulfills these conditions then we may assume he is the Messiah. If he does this successfully, and then rebuilds the Temple on its original site and gathers all the dispersed Jews, then we may be certain that he is the Messiah. He will then perfect the entire world and bring all men to serve G-d in unity.” - Does the Targum say Isaiah 53 is about the Messiah

Old 07-05-2019, 05:25 AM

Michael L. Brown (an apostate Jew who is now a Christian minister) - https://nojesus4jews.weebly.com/soph...nchuma-tanhuma

Old 07-05-2019, 09:37 AM

33,224 posts, read 26,422,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I think the above shows to anyone who objectively examines this issue that without any doubt Rashi had ample support for his views from earlier Rabbinic traditions, especially the Targum of Yonason. His explanation of the literal meaning fits quite well with various early teachings of the Rabbis. This confirms what I said before about the passage in Origen, that Celsus is accurately relating what was the Jewish view of Isaiah 53 in ancient times[33]. There was nothing ‘new’ about the explanation of Rashi, even though his method of presentation in his commentary was breaking new ground. Regardless of the claims by missionaries, and their bogus conspiracy theories, Rashi is following in the footsteps of the earlier generations. - https://judaismsanswer.com/RashiandIsaiah53.htm
Anyone who is objective (and honest) will recognize that Jews have a variety of beliefs and opinions. Again, there were rabbis who believed that Isaiah 53 referred to Israel, and there were rabbis who believed that Isaiah 53 was about an individual. Get over it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity