Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-28-2013, 06:06 PM

145 posts, read 358,527 times

Advertisements

can fallen angels repent for their sins and be forgiven by God? has it happened? will it happen according to the bible
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2013, 06:14 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
You seem to have a real interest in angels

Love them myself

Old 05-28-2013, 06:47 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,412,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokconl View Post
can fallen angels repent for their sins and be forgiven by God? has it happened? will it happen according to the bible
No. Whatever opportunity for restoration God provided for the angels who rebelled (and the Bible is silent on the matter) no longer exists. Satan and the fallen angels will be sent to the lake of fire, the eternal fire which was prepared for them.
Matthew 25:41 "Then He will also say to those on His left, 'Depart from Me, accursed ones, into the eternal fire which has been prepared for the devil and his angels;

Revelation 20:10 And the devil who deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are also; and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.
The angels chose their sides before the beginning of human history. One of the reasons that God created mankind was for the purpose of showing the angels that those who rebelled against Him are without excuse. Those angels who chose to follow Satan in his rebellion against God cannot now return to Him.

If you are interested in learning about the angelic conflict, here is an old thread of mine in which information is provided. >>> //www.city-data.com/forum/chris...l-warfare.html

Old 05-30-2013, 06:55 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,775 times
the book of enoch has some things about rebellious angels. I dont know if they can repent, or if they even want to repent.

Old 05-31-2013, 03:43 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,008,103 times
No The Holy Angels of God cannot go to Jesus and receive from the judgment of the blood of Jesus , as Jesus reserves His blood Judgments to man and even animals which God children can pray for and receive protection ..... But the Holy Angel can only benefit of Jesus blood for their work with brings honor to God , by and only through the faith of man who receives blessing from Jesus , as there is No forgiveness for the angels who have fallen , and there is No mercy for the fallen angel ....

Old 05-31-2013, 04:41 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,824,183 times
We struggle to truly grasp the fact that God is 'eternal', with an eternal view of all things. Even that which Revelation reports as 'future events' (for us), are actually a flat, timeless table for God (who is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow). Time (linear), 'as we understand it', was created by God on His fourth day of creation --- giving mankind a way to measure days, years ... and change.
When the Bible refers to 'fallen angels' (those cast into eternal chains of darkness; cast into the eternal lake of fire, etc), it is not referring to a past or future event, but, rather, an eternal, timeless condition.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:21 PM

670 posts, read 814,841 times
Quote:
That's up to God, God may forgive them or she might make them suffer.

I believe in Reincarnation, because I have memories of past lives, among the memories of my past lives I also have memories of being an Angel which was before I began Incarnating, I believe I fell and then my punishment was to reincarnate as a human until such time as God sees fit. You can mock me if you want, it won't change my belief in reincarnation or this one I just stated, I don't tell people about that belief that often as they usually just mock me, but really I don't care. If you begin to mock my beliefs I forgive you in advanced.

May love and peace be with you always.

Old 05-31-2013, 09:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Can fallen angels repent for their sins and be forgiven by God?
Indeed, there have been messengers’ who have fallen, but they weren’t angels! These false prophets have attempted to turn the truth of adversity into the lie called Satan through the blending of Christianity with the thoughts of Pagan philosophers, under the authority of the Emperors who required a national amalgamated religion to solidity their control over the people. Your adversary and the accusers of Christ, seek whom they can devour.

"To fully integrate adversity is to assimilate it into one’s own mind."

Quote:
Has it happened? Will it happen according to the bible?
"AS I LIVE, SAYS THE LORD, EVERY KNEE SHALL BOW, AND EVERY TONGUE SHALL GIVE PRAISE TO GOD."

Old 06-02-2013, 12:41 AM

14,870 posts, read 17,143,188 times
angels
Quote:

can fallen
angels repent for their sins and be forgiven by God? has it happened? will it
happen according to the bible
The apostle Paul speaks of the eventual uniting of all things in Christ. (Ephesians 1) God bless and peace.

Old 06-04-2013, 09:06 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,775 times
could it be possible that those are the angels we will judge (chastise for correction)? why would we judge angels that never betrayed God. Just food for thought.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity