Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 10:44 AM

7,322 posts, read 6,923,666 times

Advertisements

Some people look to the scriptures to find excuses,
Some to make a name for themselves,
some for self gradification,
some to have a source to argue against.
Salvation does not come from the knowledge of scriptures, nor does God's forgiveness.
Salvation comes from believing In Jesus Christ and the work he did and provisions He made for His believers.
A relationship, not based on academics ,but obedience .
And not obedience to men or the will of men but to God and the will of God via the instruction of God by the Holy Spirit Jesus provided His believers.
Jesus did not do academic studdies, but by making clear God's awareness of their heart and mind and behaviours that come from a father son relationship.
If you do not know a obedient relationship now with God ,How do you suppose you will have an obedient relationship with Him in heaven?
Adam failed because of DISOBEDIENCE
Moses failed because of DISOBEDIENCE
The list goes on .
Jesus provided the one means of obedience that can make a difference and that through the Holy Spirit, not the scriptures.(alone)
That my friend is the narrow way.
And not self government, which is sin.
If you believe God has ceased speaking, because of the existance of scriptures , you do not believe in a living God.
Blessed are they that do hunger and thirst after righteousness ,for they shall be filled. =desperation for the relationship.
Read Jesus warning to the churches in revelations , taking God for granted .
Paul's teaching of grace has currupted the gospel .
I am sure that that has offended many, but better the offence revealed to a sin rather than assuming Paul to replace Jesus teaching.
Paul's definition of grace is God's compromise to sin.
God does not compromise with sin .
Grace is =power under control,
Becase of a distortion Paul instituted, men have the word confused with blind forgiveness, which is also not acceptable.
Jesus said, if you do not forgive, God does not forgive.
Jesus is the one you are going to be giving account to on that day , are you going to be arguing with Him?
Sence He provide the Holy Spirit to teach in His place, there is no excuse ,period.
That is how narrow the path is.
According to the old testament hell is ever expanding, but according to revelations heaven is a measured size.
According to Jesus, God will show preference to those that please Him with reward based on their performance,(obedience).
John 15; Jesus makes it pretty clear what happens to those that are merely a leach.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 11:07 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Paul's teaching of grace has currupted the gospel .
I am sure that that has offended many, but better the offence revealed to a sin rather than assuming Paul to replace Jesus teaching.
Paul's definition of grace is God's compromise to sin.
Outstanding post except for this little clinker. As Peter noted, Paul may at times be hard to understand,but he is right on track. It was not Paul that corrupted the idea of grace. Here isa capsule of what he had to say: "1What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? 2God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?" Romans 6.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:38 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,616 times
Nice post in your OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
There will be many that will never be able to come in through the narrow gate.
I disagree Paul. Where does it say many will never be able to enter the narrow gate?

Quote:
This doesn't mean they wont be saved. Those will have to come through the wide gate.
The narrow gate signifies following Christ. There is no other path to life (salvation).

Old 06-08-2013, 07:25 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thy Kingdom Come View Post
Nice post in your OP.

I disagree Paul. Where does it say many will never be able to enter the narrow gate?

The narrow gate signifies following Christ. There is no other path to life (salvation).
I Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

I believe just as that verse says that many will not come through the straight gate. I believe some will go the wide path of destruction. I agree that the narrow gate signifies following Christ. I believe there is dispensations though. I believe that we have tomorrow (7th day) and then the 8th day (consecration of the Sons of God).

Old 06-08-2013, 09:09 AM

1,711 posts, read 1,902,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
I Luk 13:24 Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.

I believe just as that verse says that many will not come through the straight gate. I believe some will go the wide path of destruction. I agree that the narrow gate signifies following Christ. I believe there is dispensations though. I believe that we have tomorrow (7th day) and then the 8th day (consecration of the Sons of God).
That verse says that many will seek and not be able. It does not say that they will never be made able to enter by God's power. For example, wasn't Peter "seeking to enter" when he swore up and down that even if all men denied Christ that Peter would surely not deny Christ? Then that very night he "strived but was not able".

Many (means "all" I believe) strive to enter and are not able under their own power. It is only by God's grace and election that any (or all) will enter the narrow gate.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:15 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
That verse says that many will seek and fail. It does not say that those who fail will always fail. For example, wasn't Peter "seeking to enter" when he swore up and down that even if all men denied Christ that Peter would surely not deny Christ? Then that very night he failed.

Many (means "all" I believe) strive to enter and are not able under their own power. It is only by God's grace and election that any (or all) will enter the narrow gate.
As I see it, as well.

Old 06-08-2013, 09:21 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Oh, that is understandable. I would enjoy a reprieve for a change.

I believe what scriptures correctly say about it which is that:

[1] the victory over our "old man" is already been achieved via Jesus' free gift
1 Corinthians 15:55-57 “Where, O death, is your victory? Where, O death, is your sting?”
But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ.

[2] yet at the same time, we struggle against the "old man":
Romans 7:19-21 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing.
So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me.

That is why I guard my responses to whom is asking, for if they're coming from a half-truth premise (like if I were to say #1 is only true) it will ultimately lead to a false understanding of what God does or his nature.

Twin, do you believe that eventually your "old man" nature will be destroyed? Or will you be struggling with it for eternity?

Old 06-08-2013, 09:55 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Twin, do you believe that eventually your "old man" nature will be destroyed? Or will you be struggling with it for eternity?
By stating "eternity" you're then about what happens beyond death.

Jesus specifically states that:
John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

John 5:28-29 for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice —those who have done what is good will rise to live, and those who have done what is evil will rise to be condemned.
God considers "doing good" is to have the correct faith in Jesus, not whatever you think as long as it was sincere but if it misguided you'll have a re-education opportunity.

Which means those who have the true faith after death, the old man has been dealt with by God prior to death and that I will no longer have to struggle with it after death.

While for the unbeliever (those who have the incorrect belief in Jesus) they will experience the judgement of their old man's actions ... which is eternal damnation that was meant for the devil and his satanic followers.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:24 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
It's not only who you believe; it's what you believe.
But the "Old Man" will be chastised and corrected.

Old 06-08-2013, 10:26 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,029,981 times
Quote:
That verse says that many will seek and not be able. It does not say that they will never be made able to enter by God's power. For example, wasn't Peter "seeking to enter" when he swore up and down that even if all men denied Christ that Peter would surely not deny Christ? Then that very night he "strived but was not able".

I didn't mean to imply that it they would never be able to. I just think that some are not going to be able to before the door is shut. As you know, I very much believe God will save everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity