Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 12:12 PM

3,066 posts, read 3,704,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
We can stop sinning via Christ. Christ didn't sin. If Christ is the life you have then you will not sin also.
RESPONSE:

>>We are born with the condemantion of Adam himself as members of his body.<<

But you just told us that we are "born with the condemnation of Adam himself." So we are guilty of sin even though we did nothing wrong. Following your reasoning, God is clearly unjust!

Last edited by ancient warrior; 06-10-2013 at 12:23 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2013, 12:29 PM

6,370 posts, read 6,993,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:

You just told us that we are automatically condemned. Better pick one claim and stick with it.
You are automaticlly condemened. Christ didn't come to save the rightous but came to save sinners. It is pretty simple, your condemned and then your saved by the savior = Christ.

Old 06-10-2013, 12:33 PM

Quote:
RESPONSE:

Then it follows that God is clearly unjust for condemning the innocent!
You sound like this:

Rom 9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?

It seems others have thought the innocent were being wrongly condemned as well. Look at the response from Paul:

Rom 9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
Rom 9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
Rom 9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
Rom 9:23 And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,

You see the eventually reward is to be God's Children with happiness and joy the rest of eternity.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:38 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,832,457 times
Might makes right?

Old 06-10-2013, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Might makes right?
I suppose only if it is God's might - then we know it is right.

Old 06-10-2013, 04:00 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,832,457 times
Quote:
I suppose only if it is God's might - then we know it is right.
Except that it is opposed to all concepts we have been taught for what is right, then it becomes a "do as I say, not as I do.

Some people think God works that way, and some of those are ok with that. i don't and I would not be ok with it if I did.

Old 06-10-2013, 07:00 PM

27,914 posts, read 29,727,261 times
Quote:
Christ didn't come to save the rightous but came to save sinners.
But not Adam apparently.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:14 AM

9,945 posts, read 4,888,658 times
Quote:
RESPONSE:
>>We are born with the condemnation of Adam himself as members of his body.<<
But you just told us that we are "born with the condemnation of Adam himself." So we are guilty of sin even though we did nothing wrong. Following your reasoning, God is clearly unjust!
Who has done nothing wrong ?____ Even at the birth of a child a parent knows its leanings will be toward wrongdoing.

If we could stop sinning we would not die.
Because we can not stop sinning we die.
Although death [ No post-mortem penalties ] is the wages [ price tag ] paid for sin - Romans 6 vs 23,7 - we still can not resurrect oneself or another. We need someone who can resurrect us. Jesus can and he will.- Rev. 1 v 18
That makes God truly just because our last enemy 'death' will be brought to nothing.- 1st Cor. 15 v 26

Old 06-13-2013, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Except that it is opposed to all concepts we have been taught for what is right, then it becomes a "do as I say, not as I do.

Some people think God works that way, and some of those are ok with that. i don't and I would not be ok with it if I did.
No it is our flawed perception to think that what God is going is wrong. After all we can't manufacture life at will.

But tell me, would you really appreciate the light as much had you never experienced the darkness?

Old 06-13-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
But not Adam apparently.
God won't fail any. He'll save us everyone including Adam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity