Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 12:00 PM

18,253 posts, read 16,956,415 times

Advertisements

He is God's secret agent, basically the angel appointed by God to act as our adversary so that we are confronted with having to make a choice between good and evil. In the giant courtroom in the sky, Satan is God's prosecuting attorney and Jesus is our defense attorney and we are the defendant. Satan brings the accusation (a criminal complaint) against us and Jesus steps in to defend us with the Father sitting in the judge's seat listening to the evidence. When Jesus pronounces He died to save us the gavel of God comes down in our favor. It's just a repeat of Perry Mason with Perry (Jesus) winning every case Hamilton Burger (satan) brings against us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 12:14 PM

207 posts, read 336,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
He is God's secret agent, basically the angel appointed by God to act as our adversary so that we are confronted with having to make a choice between good and evil. In the giant courtroom in the sky, Satan is God's prosecuting attorney and Jesus is our defense attorney and we are the defendant. Satan brings the accusation (a criminal complaint) against us and Jesus steps in to defend us with the Father sitting in the judge's seat listening to the evidence. When Jesus pronounces He died to save us the gavel of God comes down in our favor. It's just a repeat of Perry Mason with Perry (Jesus) winning every case Hamilton Burger (satan) brings against us.
The Father is not the judge. Jesus is

-2 Tim 4:1 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom.

-Acts 10:42 And He commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be judge of the living and the dead.

-2 Cor 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ...

Old 06-08-2013, 12:31 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,219,937 times
Quote:
Or, maybe Jesus was telling the truth when he said that Satan is the Father of lies (John 8:44). He is a deceiver (Rev 12:9)

He's not just a character in a courtroom drama to entertain. He is a fallen angel who wants to deceive Christians. He has been judged (John 16:11) and will be cast into hell as punishment (Matthew 25:41, Rev 20:10)

Old 06-08-2013, 01:16 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,427,842 times
Thrillobyte,
Where did u come up with this?
By yourself or some reading?
Just curious.
I have no idea what is going on in this Play or on this Stage..I mean some, but
obviously I don't know much.
You're refering to Lucifer, no?
I did some research myself about a month ago...I understand more,now; those that worship him think of him as opening their eyes. The Morning Star, afterall.
And all part of the Cosmic Play.

Note: Satanists are just pure evil...not Luciferians.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxwell82 View Post
The Father is not the judge. Jesus is

-2 Tim 4:1 I charge you therefore before God and the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge the living and the dead at His appearing and His kingdom.

-Acts 10:42 And He commanded us to preach to the people, and to testify that it is He who was ordained by God to be judge of the living and the dead.

-2 Cor 5:10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ...
Jesus said: "Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man." John 8:15

See why the gospels are hopelessly contradictory? I side with Bart Ehrman. And please none of this, "You have to read it all in context" stuff.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:47 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,401,549 times
Quote:
And most of the defendants will accept a plea bargain:

"An agreement between the defendant and the prosecutor for which the defendant agrees to plead guilty or confesses to some or most of their crimes."

Old 06-08-2013, 01:47 PM

Location: where people are either too stupid to leave or too stuck to move
3,982 posts, read 6,694,567 times
God sends the meat and the devil cooks it

Old 06-08-2013, 01:49 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,856,276 times
Quote:
Your facetious mis-representation of Satan as 'being in a league with Almighty God,' seems to suggest that God Himself is a deceitful manipulator. In this context, it would reveal more about your attitude toward Holy God who loves us and seeks our eternal redemption and life; ...than about our enemy and adversary, the 'father of all lies' and 'great deceiver', who seeks only our destruction.

Last edited by jghorton; 06-08-2013 at 02:01 PM..

Old 06-08-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Or, maybe Jesus was telling the truth when he said that Satan is the Father of lies (John 8:44). He is a deceiver (Rev 12:9)

He's not just a character in a courtroom drama to entertain. He is a fallen angel who wants to deceive Christians. He has been judged (John 16:11) and will be cast into hell as punishment (Matthew 25:41, Rev 20:10)
I'm saying he was appointed to that position by God to be man's adversary. He's just carrying out God's directive. Do you realize that satan is the smartest person in the universe next to God. Try and tell me that satan didn't know that the easiest way he could have thwarted God's plan for redemption would have been to just leaven Eve alone in the garden. We'd still be there right now and there would have been no need for Jesus to die for our sins. You think he wasn't smart enough to know that? Same with inciting the Jews to murder Jesus. If he could have prevented the Jews from rioting against Jesus knowing that Jesus then would not have died on the cross and nobody would have received God's gift of salvation, satan certainly would have done this. He's no dummy. But he did all this under directions from God so that God's plan for redemption could be achieved.

Old 06-08-2013, 01:53 PM

207 posts, read 336,902 times
Quote:
Jesus said: "Ye judge after the flesh; I judge no man." John 8:15

See why the gospels are hopelessly contradictory? I side with Bart Ehrman. And please none of this, "You have to read it all in context" stuff.
You're reading that wrong. He's saying that man won't be judged until after the flesh is dead. Judgment comes after death. As long as you're alive u still have a chance to repent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity