Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2013, 12:39 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,485,555 times

Advertisements

Seems like you're trying to over think this .... so let me break this into sections:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
"Never" is relative to the aion (G165) which is the age.
I don't play the "greek word expert game".
No one here has convinced me that they are experts about the NT Greek.
At best they're parroting what they think is says from somebody else or are just good copy & past'ers.

So nicely put, if I wanted to verify anything of the NT Greek, (no offense intended) I would out of hand be skeptical of any universalist take on their supposed expertise.

Quote:
But if you believe means never in the forever sense, then what your saying is that anyone right now that blasphemed the Holy Spirit is already doomed,
This is what Jesus says that condemnation can occur already
Luke 3:9 "The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.”

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

Mark 3:29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

Luke 12:10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
Quote:
Quote:
which is contrary to what many ETers preach since they preach that the only time we can be saved is before death
I don't know who you have in mind, since I consider the term "ET'ers" more like a code word by those who finally appose God by their (some might say) backhanded accusations that God must be unfair \ unjust \ a failure.

With that said ... the only time we are told for the time of grace for the individual is prior to death.

Quote:
but if this is true what your saying then the moment that someone blasphemed the Holy Spirir there would be no longer any course of salvation for that person (even before death).
Not necessarily, a person can decide to stop blaspheming. I hear of many previous adamant atheists to other non-christians coming to faith. Yet, we also read that God does make it impossible for some not to be allowed to believe due to their hardness to the truth.

I answered all I care to ... my intentions are not to out logic the merry-go-round.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2013, 08:41 AM

1,821 posts, read 2,332,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Seems like you're trying to over think this .... so let me break this into sections:

At best they're parroting what they think is says from somebody else or are just good copy & past'ers.

So nicely put, if I wanted to verify anything of the NT Greek, (no offense intended) I would out of hand be skeptical of any universalist take on their supposed expertise.
As I am a sceptic person and do not easily believe other people's claims I investigated this issue on my own as far I was able to do so, you may want to see my result and comment it, I would be interested to hear critical yet scholarly opinions, without unneccessary polemics:

eternity-and-the-bible.pdf

If you want to download it, you have do choose the SMALL DOWNLOAD Button beneath where the number of downloads is counted.

Old 06-14-2013, 07:19 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,342,369 times
Imagine you are standing on a beach, looking out over the ocean to the horizon. It you are 6 foot tall, you may be able to see approximately 3 miles.
And, as you walk forward the distance is unchanging. In this sense the perpetual horizon, appears to be endless much like that of moving through time.

"Every journey begins with a first step; and every step is its own journey."

Old 06-16-2013, 11:35 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,027,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post

This is what Jesus says that condemnation can occur already
Luke 3:9 "The ax is already at the root of the trees, and every tree that does not produce good fruit will be cut down and thrown into the fire.”

John 3:18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because they have not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son.

Mark 3:29 but whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven; they are guilty of an eternal sin.”

Luke 12:10 And everyone who speaks a word against the Son of Man will be forgiven, but anyone who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.
I don't know who you have in mind, since I consider the term "ET'ers" more like a code word by those who finally appose God by their (some might say) backhanded accusations that God must be unfair \ unjust \ a failure.

With that said ... the only time we are told for the time of grace for the individual is prior to death.

Not necessarily, a person can decide to stop blaspheming. I hear of many previous adamant atheists to other non-christians coming to faith. Yet, we also read that God does make it impossible for some not to be allowed to believe due to their hardness to the truth.

I answered all I care to ... my intentions are not to out logic the merry-go-round.
Twin.spin, I was just trying to get you take a deeper look into the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity