Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 02:48 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The bill up on the hill right now is to stop abortions at 20 wks when science has proven the fetus, which means offspring by the way, can feel pain. Most Dems won't even consider it. Nice huh, and Obama will veto the bill if it gets to his desk. Evil, but he owes PP for giving him so much money during his election.

How does that work? We give our tax money to PP and they give it to a certain candidate they like to get him elected. I thought their money went to help women get medical treatment.
I find it incredible that you believe a 20 week fetus can perceive anything. There is certainly no way for you to know this. Children can't even remember anything that happened in their lives at age 1 or 2 years old when looking back, much less remember anything about being in the womb. It is pure speculation and witch hunting you are doing to try to legislate other people's lives. Women have reasons for not carrying babies to term and you are trying to play God by condemning them for their choices and trying to CONTROL their personal life decisions. It's being a busy body and a holier than thou person. It stinks. Rational people understand this serious issue.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 02:50 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,018,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
What happens if the baby isn't baptized?
Eternal doom, of course. Okay, maybe just a few hundred years in purgatory. Religion is made up of people practicing complete non-sense.

Old 06-29-2013, 04:59 AM

4,526 posts, read 6,087,058 times
having had the experience of working in a clinic where abortions were occasionally performed(was young and unaware)--the babies at that age do feel pain and do cry out during the procedure--so upsetting that i walked off that job never to return and went back to in pt.hospital work,eventually staying in a social service oriented field

Old 06-29-2013, 05:45 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,697,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
The bill up on the hill right now is to stop abortions at 20 wks when science has proven the fetus, which means offspring by the way, can feel pain. Most Dems won't even consider it. Nice huh, and Obama will veto the bill if it gets to his desk. Evil, but he owes PP for giving him so much money during his election.

How does that work? We give our tax money to PP and they give it to a certain candidate they like to get him elected. I thought their money went to help women get medical treatment.
I find it incredible that you believe a 20 week fetus can perceive anything. There is certainly no way for you to know this. Children can't even remember anything that happened in their lives at age 1 or 2 years old when looking back, much less remember anything about being in the womb. It is pure speculation and witch hunting you are doing to try to legislate other people's lives. Women have reasons for not carrying babies to term and you are trying to play God by condemning them for their choices and trying to CONTROL their personal life decisions. It's being a busy body and a holier than thou person. It stinks. Rational people understand this serious issue.

Ummm..... I'm sorry that I find it very confusing that ppl would find it incredible that an individuals such as Janelle144 and other's having a deep conviction that abortion is wrong. Their is no condemning the mother, nor playing God, yet, IMHO, believe people need to be educated in this serious matter abortions !!
When a baby at 20 weeks old in whom now shows their gender of boy or girl, hiccups, they swallow more at this time, which is good practice for his digestive system and their nervous system has developed completely at this time, so yes they do feel..... especially the pain of the abortion.

They have become so aware of their surroundings with sounds, music, loud sounds like banging and etc., reacting to them and are very active in their small space. They are sucking their thumb, kicking and so on. Matter fact at 20 weeks this may sound gross but the baby has its first bowl movement, yeah, can you believe that as I didn't know that one......

I do believe that God finds Janelle144 and others passion and deep convictions against abortion right up His alley

Now the confusion that I seem to be having is one in whom finds such empathy for animals //www.city-data.com/forum/30031382-post1.html...... and can not understand the heart of empathy for individuals such as Janelle and others for the unborn child. And are called a busy body and a holier then thou person..... because of their stand against abortion and then condemning them for being the voice of the unborn that can not speak for themselves.....

Please STOP hurting the little people= babies that are awaiting to live the life God created them to live and the right to enter this world as God ordain the right and to live His great plan He has for their lives !!!
They're just like you and me.... just the way we started out everyone of us in the womb.

Someone needs to speak out for the little people and take a stand for them.....
Blessings and Thank you, Janelle and others for doing just that and keep doing what you are doing !!

Old 06-29-2013, 07:48 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,920,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

The point to be made is that there is a balance between the right of the woman and of the fetus, so that the absolute right of a woman to control her body is set against what should be the right to the fetus to continue its growing process gained over time as develops. At this point in law there is no such fetal right and as long as it remains in the womb, or even partially in the womb, it can legally be terminated. I don't think that is reasonable. As such, perhaps condemnation for failing to make a decision before a fetus reaches a stage of development that approaches viability is appropriate without extenuating circumstances.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:01 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The point to be made is that there is a balance between the right of the woman and of the fetus, so that the absolute right of a woman to control her body is set against what should be the right to the fetus to continue its growing process gained over time as develops. At this point in law there is no such fetal right and as long as it remains in the womb, or even partially in the womb, it can legally be terminated. I don't think that is reasonable. As such, perhaps condemnation for failing to make a decision before a fetus reaches a stage of development that approaches viability is appropriate without extenuating circumstances.
Yes, this is why some states want to have the cut off date for abortion to be 24 weeks when the baby can live if born.

Partial-birth abortion was outlawed so they can't let the baby be half born and then the brain sucked out anymore. Many people were horrified by this procedure.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:20 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
I truly can't understand having an abortion at 20 weeks unless it is a matter of life and death. I have seen sonograms of 20 week fetuses and yes they look like babies and are moving.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
If you don't care about the church's teachings to the point that you're ignoring their teachings on premarital sex...why would you WANT them to baptize your kid?

I don't understand that. Never have. I've seen people come to me to have their baby dedicated. They've been in my church a grand total of 3 times in the past 18 months. Their baby was born out of wedlock....yet they felt the need to dedicate him. It just doesn't make sense.
Apparently these particular parents don't attend church either and are of different religions.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
wish i could rep you good comments
Thanks and I am enjoying your comments too. I am glad to see there are true Catholics on this site instead of many cafeteria Catholics. I will never understand parents sending their kids to CCD then not practicing what they preach.

Old 07-02-2013, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieannie68 View Post
having had the experience of working in a clinic where abortions were occasionally performed(was young and unaware)--the babies at that age do feel pain and do cry out during the procedure--so upsetting that i walked off that job never to return and went back to in pt.hospital work,eventually staying in a social service oriented field
I know a couple of people who were strong pro choice abortion should always be legal and tax payers should be required to support it until they got a job at an abortion clinic. They all left becoming more pro life (and one in fact now works for a pro life group). They saw what you did, such as healthy fully formed babies aborted and in one case seeing a baby sucking its thumb when it was aborted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity