Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 09:17 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

ON HIS KNEES - RONALD REAGAN

This is a short video that we all should watch, appreciate and fully understand its meaning.

It is also one that everyone in our government should be forced to watch several times, at least until they get it!!!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/OvN1jTkzXbY?rel=0

I wonder if we will ever see these days again?

Old 06-20-2013, 10:32 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Why should our government officials be forced to watch religious nonsense?

Reagan was a doddering lying sack of scum just like every president we've had since then.

Old 06-20-2013, 11:49 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

This is a short video that we all should watch, appreciate and fully understand its meaning.

It is also one that everyone in our government should be forced to watch several times, at least until they get it!!!

Gosh I hope not. He's dead isn't he? Thank God.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:01 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
What pleasant individuals both of you are. geesh.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:42 AM

1,373 posts, read 1,655,077 times
I don't think Ronald Reagan was a pleasant president. I think that he destroyed the American middle class.

Old 06-21-2013, 05:06 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
Quote:
What pleasant individuals both of you are. geesh.
Ha! Sorry. I know I come off as pretty acerbic online, but in the meat world most peoople find me pleasant and humorous.

I just have a low threshold of tolerance for BS, and I think 99% of anything religious or political is BS, so...

Old 06-21-2013, 05:19 AM

50,088 posts, read 20,723,660 times
Ronald Reagan was lucky. He was president when Gorbachev decided that they couldn't go on trying to win a cold war. America didn't have to do anything much, since it had long been willing to talk peace (which is why America, warts and all, was better than the Soviet Union in my view and you may quote me) and Reagan got the credit and an aircraft carrier named after him.

Without that he would have come somewhere between Bush and Nixon as one of America's worst. And you may quote me on that, too.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:

I liked the part where he said the 1st amendment was not written to protect people from Christian values, but to protect those values from the tyranny of government. It is very true, since the 1st amendment tells what the Congress can, and cannot do.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:49 AM

796 posts, read 858,761 times
Quote:

Thank you for sharing that. I was only 19 when he became President and over the 8 years that followed I learned to have a lot of respect for him and how he helped our economy move people like me into the middle class and improved the safety of our nation. There have been few truly great presidents and God has blessed some of us to have lived during the tenure of of one of those in Ronald Reagan.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:14 AM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
Ha! Sorry. I know I come off as pretty acerbic online, but in the meat world most peoople find me pleasant and humorous.

I just have a low threshold of tolerance for BS, and I think 99% of anything religious or political is BS, so...

I have a low tolerance for politicians manipulating the public with religious posturing. No pun intended.

I also firmly believe in the separations of church and state.

Yes I'm a Christian, but a president such as Reagan who's actions were anything but Christlike ( if you look at Christ the social progressive and egalitarian) a president who arguably set us back thirty years, thirty years ago, attempting to look holy as he contemplates what? A tax break for the wealthy or a war on poor women, or a union he wanted to bust - makes me ill. And angry. As they said in the 80s "gag me with a spoon".

Jesus Christ himself had a low threshold for BS.

If I never hear a little homely tidbit about the "Teflon Ron", I'd be a happy woman.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity