Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 07:04 AM

796 posts, read 858,919 times

Advertisements

Just because you are wrong does not mean everyone else is wrong as well. This is a typical childish argument to justify there wrongdoing by making the claim that others are doing wrong as well. This is just a lame excuse to try and justify why you do not accept Gods message.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 07:25 AM

4,686 posts, read 6,140,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
Just because you are wrong does not mean everyone else is wrong as well. This is a typical childish argument to justify there wrongdoing by making the claim that others are doing wrong as well. This is just a lame excuse to try and justify why you do not accept Gods message.

True, but there can only be one truth and the problem is everyone thinks their truth is the real truth.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:49 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,112 times
EVERY minister on earth wants tobelieve they're sent by Jesus or Jehovah God. But the truth isMANY... are sent by satan ,(2Cor.11:13-15). many christians WANTS to believe Jehovah's word at,(2Cor. 4:4), refersto the unbelievers ONLY. Sadly it also refers to those who claim tobelieve. Because MANY refuse to believe ,even some of Jesus words. MANY christians believe they have a first class ticket to Heaven,they're wrong! Jesus showed many he will NOT recognize ,(Matt.7:22,23).there's NOT that many ministers who say, I’m willing to tell myflocks, I’ve taught some things wrong, so I need to recant them. Because they don't want their flock to look down on them or even leave. Theydon't want to lose the...”pastor so-and-so sure can preach”. Orthe fact they're almost praised ,(Matt.6:5 And when thou prayest, thou shalt not be as the hypocrites are:for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and in the cornersof the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you,They have their reward Humbling acknowledging their knowledge of teaching falsely and wanting tochange in order to save themselves and their flocks. are the ones Jehovah God and Jesus will send out to Shepherd their people. how do I... know if a pastor isn't teach Jehovah God and Jesus words?, Igo by their words, here's a few... MANY teach all good goes to Heaven.But that's NOT what God's word says ONLY a certain amount will go,(Rev. 7:4 And I heard the number of them which were sealed: andthere were sealed an hundred and forty and four thousand of all thetribes of the children of Israel). And (Rev. 14:1-3), these were people who wasn't part of the world, (John17:16They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world). These that will go to Heaven, HAVE A JOB TO DO ,( Rev. 5:10 And hast madeus unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth).

So when a minister teach the earth will be destroyed based on the misunderstanding of ,(2Pet.3:10-12). Which doesn't speak literally ,it ONLY means “earth”,(disobedient people), and “ the works”,(the things they do in which Jehovah God and Jesus don't approve),will be done away with. There will be and unknowing number of righteous people ,(Rev. 7:9). who will live on an earth ,(Psa.37:9-11 and Pro. :21,22), which will NEVER be destroyed ,(Eccle.1:4 One generation passeth away, and another generation cometh: butthe earth abideth for ever). He didn't destroy the earth when he destroyed people during the flood. It WASN'T the earth that did wrong, but the people. So shall it be the same in our time. MANY teach one should pray to Jesus, that's NOT what he taught ,(Matt.6:9 After this manner therefore pray ye: Our Father which art in heaven, Hallowed be thy name). He WASN'T telling people to pray to him. MANY teach it's Jesus who's WILL we should do, but Jesus teaches otherwise ,(Matt.7:21 and Matt.12:50). Jesus ISN'T part of a “TRTINITY”,(many really should research the trinity's origins). Jesus shows it's ONLY him and his Father. Andhe's NOT equal to his Father ,(John 14:28 ,John13:16 and Psa. 110:1 The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at myright hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool). NOTICE the two“lords” the Father and the son. And NO third being of the two...(John15:23 He that hateth me hateth my Father also) ,if the HS was part of them both, why wasn't “HE”, mentioned?

(John17:3 And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent) , why WASN'T this third being mentioned, in order for humans to live? And see here...(Mark13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father). Jesus mention EVERYONE except the HS. If the HS IS a being/part of him andhis Father, as is falsely taught. Why didn't Jesus mention “him”?And misunderstanding, and falsely taught meaning of what Jesus saidhere ,(Mark3:29 and Matt. 12:31,32). Jesus say one can even basically speak ill of him. But he DIDN'T mention whether one can speak ill or NOT concerning his Father, ONLY the HS.We KNOW Jesus loved his Father, so why wasn't he mentioned? Simple,Jesus was speaking about his Father's POWER, WILL. His him causing WHATEVER he want to happen, happen!. This is why the Jesus NEVER mention the HS as a third part of him and his Father, because heknows the HS is basically Jehovah Gods Power or Will .

Here's two proof of Jehovah's Power, Will, or HS ,(2Pet. 1:21 For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost), Jehovah God DIDN'T send a spirit being to these men in order for them to speak the words God wanted them to speak. It was his WILL for them to speak his words. So it was by means of his Power for them to do so, he wanted it, he got it. And here... (Acts 11:24 For he was a good man, and full of the Holy Ghost and of faith: and much people was added unto the Lord).Barnabas was a true servants of God, he allowed himself to be full ofGod’s HS. This is why he was a good man, but also a faithfulservant. There’s NO being helping him to be this person). Sadly MANY people, act as though false ministers stopped when Jesus died,sorry, they just gotten worst. Because we're so close to the end, and satan knows this. It's NOT hard to know if one's teaching the truth or not Jesus and MANY OTHER faithful servants of Jehovah God from the days of old showed this. MANY ministers today, IF they truly believein Jehovah God ,(Exo. 6:3), and truly wants to follow Jesus. They will know easily if they are teaching the truth. And if they'llwilling to chance, their eyes will be open. If not they too will beblinded by satan's tricks ,(Ephe. 6:11 Put on the whole armour ofGod, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles, of the devil).And their own SELFISH wants ,(2Tim.3:1-5). peace

Last edited by jojo-50; 06-21-2013 at 07:59 AM..

Old 06-21-2013, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
True, but there can only be one truth and the problem is everyone thinks their truth is the real truth.
How can you know what "EVERYONE" thinks? You are not God!

Old 06-21-2013, 08:29 AM

JOJO-50, I would love to read your post but your choice of colors and fonts make it very hard to read. Could you repost it in black and a normal font so more can read what you have to say?

Old 06-21-2013, 09:03 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
So do all the other pastors.
Not all of them.
Quote:

What you teach as truth can and many times can be different from the church next door. How can you be sure that YOUR interpretation of scripture is correct? You both use the same Bible. (Well, mostly) Heck, maybe you're both wrong.
The Holy Spirit guides me. And I actually teach the Bible.
Quote:
Besides, the Bible is not truth. It is words on paper bound into a book. The words, ideas, commandments, directives, rules, and spiritual guidance, IF properly interpreted, is Truth.
The Bible is a collection of books containing the Word of God.
Quote:
Again I ask, how can you be sure? I suppose it takes a bit of humility to be concerned of the possibility of teaching falsehood and not know it. All or at least most pastors have the best intentions. But they don't teach the same thing and claim they are following the Bible as their sole source of truth. So again, how can you be sure?

As a parishioner, how can you be sure your pastor is providing you with the truth?
I am a pastor that preaches the Bible. My congregants can know that because as I'm preaching I invite them to follow along and read it with me.

But while we're on the subject...how can anyone know for sure that the Catholic church preaches the truth?

Old 06-21-2013, 09:17 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Not all of them.

The Holy Spirit guides me. And I actually teach the Bible.
And your "test" of the spirit? Wait, I know, you check the Bible.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
And your "test" of the spirit? Wait, I know, you check the Bible.
Correct. We actually read it. Not just quote the parts that make us feel good.

Last year I preached through Ephesians, James, and John. I'm currently preaching through Acts.

Verse by verse. Stopping to cross reference the OT every time it quotes from it.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:34 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Only you know the truth- It is in your heart...not in a book...IF you give it some thought and an idea or something directly out of the bible does not make sense or feels wrong to you- don't preach it...I spent a couple of years studying the origins of Christianity and I used a very critical eye regarding the faith....Eventually I took the books and put them in the drawer...and there was my little voice speaking to me..."The truth was always in YOU" - Trust your own God given perception - YOU know what is real and what is not-----------Truth=reality.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Only you know the truth- It is in your heart...not in a book...IF you give it some thought and an idea or something directly out of the bible does not make sense or feels wrong to you- don't preach it...I spent a couple of years studying the origins of Christianity and I used a very critical eye regarding the faith....Eventually I took the books and put them in the drawer...and there was my little voice speaking to me..."The truth was always in YOU" - Trust your own God given perception - YOU know what is real and what is not-----------Truth=reality.
What if the truth in my heart tells you that you're wrong? Am I still right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity