Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 04:36 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Blue View Post
I support LGBT rights and looks like the supreme court of this great land does to.
Even to the exclusion of what the Constitution, apparently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 04:36 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
And how does that very personal, private and loving action between two people effect you?
Your church?
Your civil rights?
Your own personal and private moments with your spouse?
The cost of tea in China?
It matters to society. We cannot set standards and because someone feels like doing something we must accommodate. It's a silly way to run a country.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:38 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I'm Catholic and vehemently opposed to this nonsense. Try as the Dems might you can't go against human nature.
More than that ... try as the godless might be approving this, you can't go against God's righteous decree

Romans 1:32
Although they know God’s righteous decree that those who do such things deserve death, they not only continue to do these very things but also approve of those who practice them.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:38 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
And how does that very personal, private and loving action between two people effect you?
That is irrelevant. That's not how we judge morality.
Quote:

Your church?
Quote:
Your civil rights?
Quote:
Your own personal and private moments with your spouse?
Quote:
The cost of tea in China?
Slavery doesn't personally affect me in any way, but I'm not saying it should be legalized.

Old 06-26-2013, 04:46 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The Church dropped the ball IMHO. They should be ex-communicating politicians and judges who push through this agenda. Justices Kennedy and Sotomayor out. Cuomo and O'Malley out.
I hope the Church will soon be doing just that. They want to appease people thinking they will come around to see the light but instead have seen they just get worse. Now Obama is going to limit what the Church can do when it comes to insurance to support things they can't support.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:57 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
thye only problem is not promoting sin :IMO. God can deal with sin but I will not support it as that is a sin.

Old 06-27-2013, 01:25 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
I hope the Church will soon be doing just that. They want to appease people thinking they will come around to see the light but instead have seen they just get worse. Now Obama is going to limit what the Church can do when it comes to insurance to support things they can't support.
I have spoken to people in church and many regret voting for Obama. They figured he would be your typical do nothing politician but instead is pushing the church to reject the views they have had for hundreds of years and change them. They are repulsed he wants Catholic organizations required to pay for abortion, birth control and I'm sure gay partnerships, things the church opposes. Personally I have always been of the belief that if you work for a Catholic organization don't expect them to pay for these things and if they are important go somewhere else. He is by far the most anti Catholic president we have ever have.

Old 03-06-2014, 02:05 AM

27 posts, read 39,117 times
Don't mean to resurrect a dead thread, I just wanted to say:

I am an Orthodox Christian, and so I am obviously personally against gay marriage and the like (although I love homosexuals just the same as everyone else). But, I am a libertarian, so I support marriage equality as far as government recognition. I personally think the government should stay out of marriage (and leave it to freedom of religion), but since that won't happen I support marriage equality (as long as the government doesn't force churches to go against their beliefs to marry homosexuals).

So in conclusion, personally against it but politically for it. Because my religion should NOT control peoples' lives, just as I wouldn't want their's to control mine.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:09 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,133,606 times
In my opinion, you need to be more clear on what you mean by "rights." Do you mean human rights, legal rights, the right against discrimination?

I am a Catholic. I beleive all humans deserve basic human dignigty. Nobody should be treated with cruelity because of their sexual orientation.

Should gays be allowed to marry? In what sense? I think they should be allowed to marry in a civil sense and enjoy the same benefits (taxes, insurance) that other legally married couples receive. However, I don't like it. It leads our country down a slippery slope of accepting morally corrupt actions as "Normal." But that is a civil action and my religous beliefs have no bearing on that. I do not think they should be married in any Church nor should their marriage be recognized by any christian religon.

Also, any private company/organization should have the right to discriminate against ANY group who's lifestyle is counter to their core beliefs. A christian hospital should have the right to deny employment to an actively gay individual.

Old 03-06-2014, 07:48 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Many churches in LA, California have a lot of gay members. I don't think it is a big deal as they are also Christians.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity