U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 11:40 AM

13,969 posts, read 12,886,172 times

Advertisements

I've been studying near-death experiences for over two years now and one thing is becoming more and more clear to me the more accounts I read that have been verified by medical and psychological experts:

The picture painted by Fundamentalist Christian doctrine of what happens to people's souls after they die is completely wrong, one might go so far as to say it is a total fabrication when compared to the thousands of accounts of people of all religious persuasions, including atheists and agnostics.

What is remarkably similar about all these accounts is that NOT ONCE did any of the millions of people who have shared their own personal stories say that they went into anything like a fiery domain or pit. NOT ONCE did any of them even hint that fire scorched their skin. The few that did go into darkness at first say it was painless and that THE MOMENT they called out for help "The Light" appeared before them to lift them out of the darkness and bring them into a place of beauty and peace beyond anything they could have ever imagined. The fact that they were atheist, agnostic, indifferent, or of any type of religion didn't make the slightest difference in their experience. What was of tremendous significance is that the only people who say that they experienced any sort of fiery punishment and excruciating pain were Christian hardcore Fundamentalists and Traditionalists, but these accounts were not verifiable i.e. they happened when the individual was alone and a medical setting was absent so there is no one (except perhaps a spouse) to corroborate their claims.

Some of the more famous studied cases include

* George Ritche, respected psychiatrist whose description of a hellish environment while he was with Jesus as a non-practicing Protestant didn't go beyond spirits trapped in earthly realms fighting with one another and unable to land blows because of their incorporeal bodies. No fire; no demons.

* Howard Storm, famous atheist-turned pastor already dealt with on this forum who didn't experience any fire of any sort--only disembodied spirits taunting him before Jesus rescued him. No fire; no demons

* Anita Moorjani, Hindu woman spontaneously cured of end-staged Non Hodgkins Lymphoma during her experience who never experienced anything except the presence of a loving, non-judgmental Light. No fire; no demons

* George Rodonaia, ex Soviet dissident atheist, now pastor who, during three-days in a Soviet morgue, found himself in a darkness devoid of any flame or pain and upon calling out for help was lifted out of the darkness and into a beautiful place by Jesus, who sent him back when the autopsy knife cut into his chest immediately causing him to scream. No fire; no demons

* Pam Reynolds, agnostic taken into a beautiful, loving Light during a famous operation on a brain aneurysm, who met many deceased relatives while there. She experienced no pain, no flames--nothing but the most incredible sense of peace, love and joy. No fire; no demons

There are thousands more accounts of various individuals from Buddhists, Hindus, atheists, agnostics Christians who were in hospital setting and whose medical records verify that they were clinically dead as dead can be (no EKG, No EEG, no heartbeat, no respiration or pulse, no brain activity) who describe going into the presence of a loving non-judgmental God.

What nearly all have in common is
1. they were given life reviews and asked what they had done with their lives to benefit their fellow man
2. God did not judge them; they judged themselves based on how good or how bad they treated other and how much or how little love they gave to others
3. they were all sent back with the command by God to serve and love their fellow man better than they had

All this adds up to the indisputable fact that Christian Fundamentalists have been selling mankind a bill of goods for 2000 years with their sick doctrine of eternal torment in hell awaiting non-Christians. Don't take my word for any of this. Go to the websites that focus of near-death experiences and read a wealth of detailed accounts from all around the world that proclaim a God of Love who loves ALL His children with a love so powerful that He doesn't abandon a single individual no matter how far gone they are.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 12:07 PM

2,818 posts, read 3,051,318 times
at this moment someone is preparing a list of people who died and went to hell. just wait, someone will post it. of course the folks did not feel the heat, nor did they get burned. they just say folks screaming there. the list is being compiled by someone. lets just wait.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
at this moment someone is preparing a list of people who died and went to hell. just wait, someone will post it. of course the folks did not feel the heat, nor did they get burned. they just say folks screaming there. the list is being compiled by someone. lets just wait.
And you watch: EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM will be Christian Fundamentalist screwballs like Mary K Baxter and Bill Weiss.

What is also very interesting is that you can read the accounts of former Fundamentalists who had NDE's who left their churches and turned their backs on Fundamentalism, saying that their experience taught them that they had been totally hoodwinked by the rigid, loveless teachings they had formerly encountered in their church.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:22 PM

35,220 posts, read 18,690,933 times
Last I checked... and I could be wrong.. near death experiences are not mentioned in the Bible as part of any judgment. So the OP content has no bearing on Scripture.

Hebrews 9:27 - And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,

Old 07-16-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Last I checked... and I could be wrong.. near death experiences are not mentioned in the Bible as part of any judgment. So the OP content has no bearing on Scripture.

Hebrews 9:27 - And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,
15 million people can't all be crazy, Rob. Do the math.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
15 million people can't all be crazy, Rob. Do the math.
Didn't say they were crazy... I said not applicable to what Scripture says.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:31 PM

30,026 posts, read 15,777,185 times
Quote:
...snip...

1. they were given life reviews and asked what they had done with their lives to benefit their fellow man
2. God did not judge them; they judged themselves based on how good or how bad they treated other and how much or how little love they gave to others
These match my experience during a near-drowning as a child.

It's just one of the many reasons I challenge fundamentalists and the nonsense about hellfire and damnation.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:36 PM

6,370 posts, read 6,138,079 times
Quote:
I actually agree with DRob4JC on this but not simply because it is not said in the scriptures but because it would imply that God made a mistake or had an oops moment.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Well, if they're not crazy, Rob, what's your opinion of what 15 million people of all different faiths experienced?

Old 07-16-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:
Well, if they're not crazy, Rob, what's your opinion of what 15 million people of all different faiths experienced?
My opinion of them? I am glad they are still alive and have the opportunity to shine the light of Christ ahead of them.

My opinion of you? Quit looking for meaningless controversies. If you are a Christian, lift up Christ instead of seeking to trash Christians and the Bible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity