U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 12:55 AM

670 posts, read 738,533 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
Do you believe in a God / Creator but not the God of scripture? What brought you to believe in this God and did you believe in them before or after having knowledge of scripture?

I believe in the God mentioned in scripture. I am interested to see why others believe in a God but not the God of scripture.
I was originally raise Protestant Christian but I no longer fit into any category, instead you may refer to me as Christian-Other. I have named my type of Christianity I currently practice as the Narrow Way.

Scriptures are works of men they are not God breathed as some claim.
Men are imperfect therefore the works of me are imperfect as well.

My Morales and my Belief in my God do not hinge on the validity of Scripture I actually experience my God both in a Spiritual since and in a down to earth sort of way.

It is my belief that I receive Revelations from my God directly in the forms of signs, visions, dreams, and on a rare occasion miracles. I have also had two near death experiences in the past which only deepened my belief in Monotheism.

It is also my belief that all of creation is a part of God just as a blood cell is a part of our body, yet as that single cell is not You, we are not God just a smaller part of a large puzzle that makes up Gods entire Body. So when I hear a song bird sing in the morning I am experiencing Gods works, when I look out from the bluffs at the River and see the fish and the birds I am experiencing this world and my God. Even sinners have a spark of the divine in them and it is the goal of all good pious people to ignite that spark into a flame of faith. Even a non-believer can be a tool used by God unbeknownst to them. We all have goodness in us and it's source is divine in nature and that nature is my God. Yet when we become consumed with our Ego and become selfish we rebel against the nature of God, this is what I feel many people who wrote scripture did they injected their own beliefs into it and corrupted it because of their own Ego.

It is not God who changes but our perception of God that changes thus we have so many different religions in the world. There is but one source of divine energy, all spiritual experiences eventually trace themselves back to the One Mind of the One God. What we can perceive of as God is not God for God is so complex that she is beyond our understanding. Because there is but one source of divine energy non-believers in Monotheism mistake God as being many some times and this is how I account for Polytheist, to me if their faith teaches a good morale code their experiencing the divine flow but filtered through their perception and beliefs. I believe that Jews and Muslims can experience God as well it is not just Christians, any one of any faith can experience God though some mistake it as some thing else this of course God forgives. In my beliefs Unintentional Sins are more easily forgiven than Intentional sins. Even disbelief is forgiven assuming a persons good deeds out weigh their bad.

After experiencing my God in the ways described above I eventually came to understand that the Trinity was false, that Christ Worship was a sin, and that blood sacrifice is not wanted or needed for atonement rather what God desires is Repentance, Mercy, Forgiveness, Acceptance, and Obedience. God is most Merciful and understands that we can't be perfect but God does not require that we be perfect only that we do our best to do good only then are we blameless in the eyes of God.

I believe that my God impregnated Marry and then as Jesus was growing up God taught Jesus directly using the Angel of Wisdom whom many know as the Holly Spirit.

I do not believe that we should worship any thing but God, we are not to worship the Angel of Wisdom nor Jesus who is the Messiah. I do believe God rose Jesus from the dead and the reason was to show us her power.

I believe God is both genders because we where created in the image of God and male and female therefore my logic concludes that God embodies both genders.
However while I feel God embodies both male and female I believe that God uses Avatars to make her self known to people and these Avatars must have a form the person can perceive. In reality God is not some thing our mortal minds can comprehend so she must use Avatars to communicate with us. These Avatars might be an Angel, Prophet, or even the Messiah but we are not to worship them. When she makes use of one of them her spirit is upon them and while she does not take away their free will they become her voice as she guides their Voice.

All Scripture started as the Voice but over time it keeps getting retold and like a rumor going down the grapevine it might get altered by the time it is written down it might not be perfect and any message which preaches hate or tries to oppress free will is not from God. Warnings of disaster coming are not messages of hate they are a call to repentance if we do not repent we reap what we have sown.

I refer to God as a female because that is how she has made herself known to me in my visions and dreams except for once she appeared as a male.

I can describe a vision or dream if any of you are curious about it.

My God has revealed to me that their is no such thing as hell as torture is unjust for she gave people free-will out of love and while she hopes they will chose to do good they will not torture them for eternity doing bad. Most people Reincarnate if they are neither a Saint nor truly evil. Saints move on to heaven and cease to Reincarnate. The truly evil such as Anti-Christs will be thrown into a realm known as the Void which is a deep chasm of nothingness devoid of light it sucks in the souls and devours them causing them to cease to exists. The energy from those souls is used in creating new souls.

My God asks that we Meditate daily and Seek out Wisdom, Knowledge, and that we remain humble even in our piety she can not stand it when pious people snub sinners.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity