U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 05:28 PM

794 posts, read 772,517 times

Advertisements

Yesterday evening me and a few members of my family went to a local church to see the play Heaven's Gates and hell's flames. I was not looking forward to it after I had looked it up online and read what the play was about. While reading about the play it looked like it focused on scare tactics as I saw pictures of what looked like the devil torturing people in hell. This is something I am totally against. I do not believe in scaring people into believing. However the truth is this play has caused thousands and thousands of people to be saved which is always a good thing. When we got there they had the small stage setup nice with 2 big projector screens on the left and right to help with the play. The play began with an actor playing Jesus walking down the right aisle carrying a cross followed be soldiers behind him. The room was dark and when the actor playing Jesus got to the front a crowd of people from the left and right aisles came running down laughing at Jesus and cheering on His crucifixion (all part of the play). An actor playing the devil came out as well and he was holding a key ring with keys symbolizing he had the keys to hell. So it played out showing Jesus' burial and resurrection then taking the keys to hell away from the devil. After that the core of the play began.

They showed several scenes of different happenings and occasions of people who were saved and people who were not saved. There were joyful scenes and not so joyful scenes. One scene with 2 construction workers was very funny and I enjoyed that. The scenes focused on the importance of accepting Jesus Christ before you die and giving the idea and truth that you could die at any moment. Perhaps the most dramatic scene to me was the last one where a little girl about age 12 had recently got saved but her mother had not yet put her faith in Jesus for her salvation. The mother was telling her daughter how she was always too busy to "get saved" because of all the charity work she was doing and other good things she was devoting her life to. She then promised that at the next church event her daughter has she would go to. They did a car scene where they were walking out of a mall into the parking lot and a car came around the corner too fast and hit them, killing them both. They were then both standing at the gates of Heaven and shortly after the mother started to become very worried because she realized she had not put her faith in Jesus. Then she asked the angel with the book of life if her name was in the book and the angel shook her head no. Then the devil came out with a few demons and grabbed the mother and pulled her into hell and her daughter was screaming and crying while this was happening. It then went back to the gates of Heaven and the little girl asked the angel if her name was in the book and the angel shook her head yes. Then Jesus came out and welcomed her into Heaven, giving her a hug and holding her hands.

Each scene was different but had the same idea. Most of the scenes focused on people getting saved because someone had brought up Jesus to them just before an accident happens and they die. In some scenes everyone was saved, in others some were and some were not. The focus on the play was to show how important it is to accept Jesus into your heart because you don't know when your last moment will be. While I don't agree that the play was entirely biblical, I do agree it is greatly effective in winning souls for Jesus. The parts I did not think were biblical were the devil having power to take people to hell and making him out to be a king or figure of authority in hell. Maybe this was all for dramatic effect. The other part I didn't think was biblical were the scenes where it showed families that had believers and non believers, the accident happens and the family was literally split apart at the gates of Heaven when the non believers were taken into hell. The bible says if one person in your family is saved then the whole family will eventually be saved. (Acts 16:31) So I personally do not believe that any family who has a believer will leave this life unsaved. Again this may have only been done for dramatic effect. I am often a critique when it comes to reenactments of scripture but only because I want the performance to be completely scripturally correct.

The best part of the event you ask?

Over 30 people got saved at the end of the play!

Reality Outreach Ministries

Heaven Gates and Hells Flames (Promo) - YouTube
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 05:44 PM

57,619 posts, read 33,759,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
Yesterday evening me and a few members of my family went to a local church to see the play Heaven's Gates and hell's flames. I was not looking forward to it after I had looked it up online and read what the play was about. While reading about the play it looked like it focused on scare tactics as I saw pictures of what looked like the devil torturing people in hell. This is something I am totally against. I do not believe in scaring people into believing. However the truth is this play has caused thousands and thousands of people to be saved which is always a good thing. When we got there they had the small stage setup nice with 2 big projector screens on the left and right to help with the play. The play began with an actor playing Jesus walking down the right aisle carrying a cross followed be soldiers behind him. The room was dark and when the actor playing Jesus got to the front a crowd of people from the left and right aisles came running down laughing at Jesus and cheering on His crucifixion (all part of the play). An actor playing the devil came out as well and he was holding a key ring with keys symbolizing he had the keys to hell. So it played out showing Jesus' burial and resurrection then taking the keys to hell away from the devil. After that the core of the play began.

They showed several scenes of different happenings and occasions of people who were saved and people who were not saved. There were joyful scenes and not so joyful scenes. One scene with 2 construction workers was very funny and I enjoyed that. The scenes focused on the importance of accepting Jesus Christ before you die and giving the idea and truth that you could die at any moment. Perhaps the most dramatic scene to me was the last one where a little girl about age 12 had recently got saved but her mother had not yet put her faith in Jesus for her salvation. The mother was telling her daughter how she was always too busy to "get saved" because of all the charity work she was doing and other good things she was devoting her life to. She then promised that at the next church event her daughter has she would go to. They did a car scene where they were walking out of a mall into the parking lot and a car came around the corner too fast and hit them, killing them both. They were then both standing at the gates of Heaven and shortly after the mother started to become very worried because she realized she had not put her faith in Jesus. Then she asked the angel with the book of life if her name was in the book and the angel shook her head no. Then the devil came out with a few demons and grabbed the mother and pulled her into hell and her daughter was screaming and crying while this was happening. It then went back to the gates of Heaven and the little girl asked the angel if her name was in the book and the angel shook her head yes. Then Jesus came out and welcomed her into Heaven, giving her a hug and holding her hands.

Each scene was different but had the same idea. Most of the scenes focused on people getting saved because someone had brought up Jesus to them just before an accident happens and they die. In some scenes everyone was saved, in others some were and some were not. The focus on the play was to show how important it is to accept Jesus into your heart because you don't know when your last moment will be. While I don't agree that the play was entirely biblical, I do agree it is greatly effective in winning souls for Jesus. The parts I did not think were biblical were the devil having power to take people to hell and making him out to be a king or figure of authority in hell. Maybe this was all for dramatic effect. The other part I didn't think was biblical were the scenes where it showed families that had believers and non believers, the accident happens and the family was literally split apart at the gates of Heaven when the non believers were taken into hell. The bible says if one person in your family is saved then the whole family will eventually be saved. (Acts 16:31) So I personally do not believe that any family who has a believer will leave this life unsaved. Again this may have only been done for dramatic effect. I am often a critique when it comes to reenactments of scripture but only because I want the performance to be completely scripturally correct.

The best part of the event you ask?

Over 30 people got saved at the end of the play!
Sadly it is unlikely that any of the 30 actually "believe ON" Christ nor will it likely impact their "love of God and each other." Such "Godfather offers" that can't be refused without awful consequences . . . have no value whatsoever in promoting "love of God and each other" . . . which is what Jesus wants from us.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:53 PM

796 posts, read 784,251 times
Romans, I am with you on the scenes showing the devil in charge of things in hell. But the idea of showing the reality of accepting Christ or rejecting Him and the consequences of those decisions often result in getting people to really consider their eternal destination. The only way to enter heaven is to put your faith in Jesus Christ death for us while in this life. No second chances and not get out of the lake of fire early cards.

What a wonderful thing to see souls come to Christ. Something to praise God for I would say!

Satan will not be happy about you sharing what God has done and I am sure he will send someone along to condemn it or you or all of us for soon if it has not already happened. Additional proof that we are on the right path I would say!

Old 07-29-2013, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Sadly it is unlikely that any of the 30 actually "believe ON" Christ nor will it likely impact their "love of God and each other." Such "Godfather offers" that can't be refused without awful consequences . . . have no value whatsoever in promoting "love of God and each other" . . . which is what Jesus wants from us.
There is no doubt in my mind they were born again yesterday evening. When a person sees Jesus and His finished work it brings you to the place where you can choose to believe in Him or not. This play was made to enlighten people of the truth of Jesus so they can be born again.

As to your statement about the consequences for rejecting Jesus as your savior the play is spot on. Jesus suffered a death He did not have to on our behalf. That is why the consequences for rejecting this truth are very serious.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by balunman View Post
Satan will not be happy about you sharing what God has done and I am sure he will send someone along to condemn it or you or all of us for soon if it has not already happened. Additional proof that we are on the right path I would say!
Satan is the author of the eternal torment doctrine and is pleased that it corrupts the Gospel of love message. Love cannot exist with fear. It casts out all fear. So when people are made to fear God . . . Satan is pleased.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:46 PM

7,467 posts, read 5,969,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Satan is the author of the eternal torment doctrine and is pleased that it corrupts the Gospel of love message. Love cannot exist with fear. It casts out all fear. So when people are made to fear God . . . Satan is pleased.

Exactly. The true nature of God has been crucified daily by those who claim to know something of Him.

However:

1 John 4:8
He who has no love has no knowledge of God, because God is love.

Again, so simple a child can understand.
Most children are excellent detectors of hypocrisy.
As children grow, and as their FEAR is NURTURED, those detectors become dulled, and their knowledge of God falls by the wayside. As Mystic stated, LOVE cannot exist with fear. LOVE CASTS out ALL Fear. GOD IS LOVE.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
Exactly. The true nature of God has been crucified daily by those who claim to know something of Him.

However:

1 John 4:8
He who has no love has no knowledge of God, because God is love.

Again, so simple a child can understand.
Most children are excellent detectors of hypocrisy.
As children grow, and as their FEAR is NURTURED, those detectors become dulled, and their knowledge of God falls by the wayside. As Mystic stated, LOVE cannot exist with fear. LOVE CASTS out ALL Fear. GOD IS LOVE.
Do you believe Jesus died for your sins?

Old 07-29-2013, 07:26 PM

796 posts, read 784,251 times
Romans, I told you they would be along to assault the love and work of God.

Here we are rejoicing that lost sinners have come to Christ and accepted that He loved them enough to die for them. We have new brothers and sisters in the family of God. And along some come to make light of God for his work. Proof of whom they serve!

Old 07-29-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:

Here we are rejoicing that lost sinners have come to Christ and accepted that He loved them enough to die for them. We have new brothers and sisters in the family of God. And along some come to make light of God for his work. Proof of whom they serve!
Indeed. There are so many perverted gospels of the devil people believe over the overwhelming loving gracing of God He poured out on us at the cross.

Old 07-29-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
Indeed. There are so many perverted gospels of the devil people believe over the overwhelming loving gracing of God He poured out on us at the cross.
There is no greater evidence of double-minded thinking than to present eternal torment in Hell as part of a message of LOVE from God!!! Something awful has happened to the love in people's hearts when such a twisted message of love is taken to be the genuine message of Christ!!! It is compounded by accusing those who speak the truth about God's love for us all . . . as revealed and taught by Jesus . . . to be messengers of Satan spreading a perverted Gospel. Blind minds indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity