Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2013, 06:47 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,682,859 times

Advertisements

Therefore Pilate said to Him, "So You are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice." 38Pilate said to Him, "What is truth?" And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews and said to them, "I find no guilt in Him. 39"But you have a custom that I release someone for you at the Passover; do you wish then that I release for you the King of the Jews?"…

The truth is... I will now die, they will kill me for all I have said will become truth. Those lost will find a way to live and love in this life for I have lived as you, I have loved as you and I will die as you. I will come back again to remind you of the truth that you are not alone. Father see with my eyes the good in them, see with my skin, my flesh and my blood. This is the human condition see why they need the light for without you they live in darkness they live in fear. Men hear words but often they do not speak the truth. They must hear the truth again for there souls for so very long have been lost here, stuck in this world without you. Until they can learn from their lessons let them hear the truth with my actions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 06:17 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post
Therefore Pilate said to Him, "So You are a king?" Jesus answered, "You say correctly that I am a king. For this I have been born, and for this I have come into the world, to testify to the truth. Everyone who is of the truth hears My voice." 38Pilate said to Him, "What is truth?" And when he had said this, he went out again to the Jews and said to them, "I find no guilt in Him. 39"But you have a custom that I release someone for you at the Passover; do you wish then that I release for you the King of the Jews?"…
When Pilate asked that, Pilate was not actually seeking an answer [ John 18 v 38 ] The fact that Jesus did not reply then Pilate did not pursue the question. Pilate's words at verse 38 was just a cynical remark. ' What is truth ' implies that ' truth in general ' is a relative concept too broad and elusive to merit attention. General truth ' meaning each one's self determination of what is right or wrong as to bend truth to suit self. So, what ' truth ' Pilate was talking about was Not ' The Truth ' [ divine truth ] or as Jesus taught at John 17 v 17 that Scripture is ' religious truth '. Jesus was truthfully there Not to overthrow, but there to teach [ John 18 v 37 B ] Teach what the Scriptures really teach.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:33 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Truth comes only to those who have the "Spirit of Truth" which is one of the sevenfold ministries of Christ. People speak in general terms of truth but Jesus said, "I am the Truth." The law came in oral and written form from Moses and the Prophets but Grace and Truth comes only from Jesus by the Spirit of Truth who transforms the very core of ones being so that he becomes a new creation in Christ.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Truth comes only to those who have the "Spirit of Truth" which is one of the sevenfold ministries of Christ. People speak in general terms of truth but Jesus said, "I am the Truth." The law came in oral and written form from Moses and the Prophets but Grace and Truth comes only from Jesus by the Spirit of Truth who transforms the very core of ones being so that he becomes a new creation in Christ.
What are the other sixfold ministries ?

Doesn't the ' Spirit of Truth ' also come from cultivating God's fruitage of the spirit of: love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faith, mild or meekness and self control. Against such things there is no law. In order that if we go on ' walking by spirit orderly also by spirit '. Then, who ever heard of anyone getting arrested for keeping the fruit of God's spirit ?
-Galatians 5 vs 22,23,25

So, in a sense, we are putting the practices of the flesh to death by walking by God's life-giving spirit by setting the mind on lofty spiritual things rather than be walking by fleshly or material sighted desires.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
What are the other sixfold ministries ?

1. "Spirit of Grace" is His abilities as favor to us to be like Christ and that comes by the Atonement
ZECH 12:10 "And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the Spirit of Grace and of Supplications: and they shall look upon Me whom they have pierced" Grace is depicted as the red of the rainbow that is over the Throne of God in Revelation 4:3 The red of the seven colors of the rainbow is symbolic of the Atonement/blood/Grace. All of Creation is a portrait of Christ. The seven colors of the rainbow among other things are symbolic of the Seven Spirits of God spoken of in Revelation 1:4 Each have spiritual Truths to reveal.

2. "Spirit of Supplication" is being "born again" of the Spirit whereby The Spirit supplicates to make one into a new spiritual creation unto God. Again, ZECH 12:10 It is depicted as the bright orange of the rainbow because it represents the fire under the alter of burnt offerings. John the Baptist said that Christ would baptize with Holy Spirit and Fire. Fire because the Spirit of Supplication burns away earthly desires that have gone astray from what God intended for mans happiness.

3. "Spirit of Truth" is depicted as gold/yellow of the rainbow because of its everlasting/eternal value. Truth is supernatural and comes from Him who speaks from Heaven. He is the Mind of Christ in the form of truths, council, wisdom, understanding, etc..
JN 16:13 "Howbeit when he, the Spirit of Truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come."

4 "Spirit of Holiness" the state of being in Christ and depicted as green because green is what comes up after the death of winter and needed before fruit can develop and produces fresh air for the world. Holiness is the fresh air from Heaven that makes the soul to Live in Eternal life.
ROM 1:4 "And declared to be the Son of God with power, according to the Spirit of Holiness, by the resurrection from the dead:" The resurrection from death proved He is Holy. The green of creation proves that the death of winter is over and new life begins. The green leaves of the Tree of Life are for the healing of the nations as Revelation says. Why? Because they take the air/sin we can not live with and in turn give us the pure air of Heaven.

5. "Spirit of Life" is the Fruit of the Spirit that develops in the spirit after Holiness is established in the soul. It is the inward and outward manifestation of what it means to be Holy. It is the color of sky blue because He is Priest over the whole earth. The Old Testament High Priest wore a robe of blue.
ROM 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death. Love sets free of hate, peace sets free of mental torment, joy set free of depression and so on and so forth with the other Fruit of the Spirit of Life/Fruit.

6."Spirit of Adoption" is depicted by dark blue/indigo because it has some red in it which means we have been adopted into the Life of God by the blood Atonement of Christ. Red because like Him all who live Godly in Christ will suffer persecution.
ROM 8:15 "For you have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but you have received the Spirit of Adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father. ROM 8:16 The Spirit itself bears witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God: ROM 8:17 And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with Him, that we may be also glorified [perfected in character] together."

7. "Spirit of Glory" Is depicted as purple in the Bible but now called violet. It's color has much red and blue because it represents the Character of Christ even in the face of death. It is the color of a King's robe and the color a robe they put on Christ while they mocked Him and beat Him, yet He stood His ground in love. It was also the color of the cloth that God told Moses to put over the ash bin that lay under the alter of burnt offerings after they were done with the sacrifices.
1PET 4:14 "If you be reproached for the name of Christ, happy are you; for the Spirit of Glory and of God rests upon you: on their part He is evil spoken of, but on your part He is glorified." The Spirit of Glory is the beauty of God's character/righteousness even under suffering. One of the Fruit of the Spirit is "longsuffering".

The Seven are categorized by God and personified with names because each has an untold wealth of Truths to edify the Church with. Blessing to you and all who understand what the Seven Spirit's of God are saying.

Last edited by garya123; 08-10-2013 at 10:12 PM..

Old 08-11-2013, 05:33 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LibertyandJusticeforAll View Post

The truth is... I will now die, they will kill me for all I have said will become truth. Those lost will find a way to live and love in this life for I have lived as you, I have loved as you and I will die as you. I will come back again to remind you of the truth that you are not alone. Father see with my eyes the good in them, see with my skin, my flesh and my blood. This is the human condition see why they need the light for without you they live in darkness they live in fear. Men hear words but often they do not speak the truth. They must hear the truth again for there souls for so very long have been lost here, stuck in this world without you. Until they can learn from their lessons let them hear the truth with my actions.
Thank you for this post, Liberty!

Man is indeed blind to God. We have all gone astray. None seek Him. He seeks us, and He finds us in His time. I'm sure of it that He will succeed for every last one.

blessings!
brian

Old 08-11-2013, 06:30 PM

garya123

Thank you for your reply.

If I may take the liberty to add to the list the ' spirit of faith ' - 2nd Corinthians 4 v 13

and the ' spirit of God's Son ' Galatians 4 v 6; The ' spirit of Jesus Christ ' Phil. 1 v 18 that God put upon Jesus.- Matthew 12 vs 18, 28

Old 08-11-2013, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Man is indeed blind to God. We have all gone astray. None seek Him. He seeks us, and He finds us in His time. I'm sure of it that He will succeed for every last one.
True, God does ' draw people ' such as those of Jeremiah 31 v 3.

However, if none seek God why does Zephaniah 2 v 3 say to seek God ?

Doesn't God reward those who seek him according to Hebrews 11 v 6 B ?

Don't we seek God, so to speak, through approaching God through prayer ?

Didn't gospel writer Luke write that people should seek the Lord at Acts 17 v 27 ?

Isaiah 55 v 6 also mentions the seeking on our part.

Jeremiah 29 vs 11-14 A also mentions who seeks.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
garya123

Thank you for your reply.

If I may take the liberty to add to the list the ' spirit of faith ' - 2nd Corinthians 4 v 13

and the ' spirit of God's Son ' Galatians 4 v 6; The ' spirit of Jesus Christ ' Phil. 1 v 18 that God put upon Jesus.- Matthew 12 vs 18, 28
If one is to hold to the meaning of the Seven Spirits of God being the subcategories of the Spirit of God's Son or the Spirit of Jesus Christ, then Spirit of Faith is one of the Fruit and a subcategory of the Spirit of Life. All things are of the Seven, that perfect number of God, that many speak of but have not understood. I share freely what God has shared freely with me of what the Seven Spirits of God mean.

It works like this. Jesus said, "I am the Light of the world." Natural light of the sun can be broken down into the seven colors of the rainbow and in like manner The Light/Spirit of Christ can be broken down into the Seven Spirits of God for colorful conversation and more importantly for edification with power that only Truth can convey. And it opens up a lot of meaning in other Scripture such as why did Jesus on one occasion feed the multitude with seven loves of bread? It was not merely food but a demonstration of how one day He would feed them with the Truths of the Seven Spirits of God.

Scripture is such a beautiful Mosaic of Truth but with much that is "hidden manner". They are revealed to the serious and faithful disciples and prove more and more of their Devine origin! The world can not see because they are only spiritually discerned by His beloved ones who embrace His Love.

All Truth is parallel. Creation is a physical construct of what Christ is like spiritually. That is why He said in John 3:12, "If I have told you earthly things and you do not believe Me, how can you believe if I tell you of Heavenly things?" Only an intellectual understanding of these metaphors, simile and the like of spiritual Truth does not mean just anyone can know first hand of the depth of those Truths. They come as Life only by the Spirit to those who have the Spirit. As it is written, "The Kingdom of God is not in mere word but in Power of the Spirit."

Now here is another Truth. Revelation 4:3 says that Throne of God looks like an emerald. Why? Because green represents the "Spirit of Holiness". Also the stone that signifies the Tribe Of Judah is an emerald. The High Priest wore it on his breast plate of colorful and precious stones. We all know that Christ came from the Tribe of Judah and He is Holy.

Last edited by garya123; 08-11-2013 at 09:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity