Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 04:56 PM

505 posts, read 577,163 times

Advertisements

The topic: Eve sinned first... it's all her fault!

Ladies, defend your position.

(Please be kind everyone, this is not a knock-down fight!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2013, 06:11 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,971,823 times
Well, I mean really, what's a guy supposed to do? Look at what Adam told God when asked if he ate of the forbidden tree, "The woman gave it to me and I did eat." I modern terms essentially he was saying, "It was what was for dinner, what could I do? You know what she's like about her cooking."

Really.

Old 08-08-2013, 08:04 PM

22,966 posts, read 28,410,449 times
Eve has gotten a bad rap in history. She was genuinely deceived. Adam knew what he was doing and did it anyway.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:29 PM

2,817 posts, read 3,473,364 times
I am glad it was not the man that has to travail in labor. All we gotta go is got get whatever they are craving when pregnant.

Old 08-08-2013, 09:48 PM

670 posts, read 817,716 times
Adam was not at fault.
Eve was tricked by the Serpent.

Now we all want to claim the Serpent is responsible for our fall.
But let me ask you this,
who put the Serpent in Eden knowing what would become of it?
God.

Even the fall of man was a part of Gods plan, even if we can't understand why.
I personally feel that we needed to learn what good and evil where and that some times in order to gain wisdom we must first fail and make mistakes.
A lesson learned in a lose is often times worth that of lessons learned in 100 victories.

Old 08-09-2013, 02:05 AM

12,688 posts, read 6,764,312 times
Ultimately, if God intended for humankind to exist forever in Eden, then he wouldn't have let either of them blunder -- therefore Adam and Eve sinning and disobeying God must have been part of God's plan all along. It's not like God couldn't see it coming, right? God knew that they would disobey him and he didn't stop it from happening.

If it was God's plan all along, the fussing about "who's fault is it?" is kinda pointless isn't it?

Old 08-09-2013, 03:21 PM

505 posts, read 577,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Ultimately, if God intended for humankind to exist forever in Eden, then he wouldn't have let either of them blunder -- therefore Adam and Eve sinning and disobeying God must have been part of God's plan all along. It's not like God couldn't see it coming, right? God knew that they would disobey him and he didn't stop it from happening.

If it was God's plan all along, the fussing about "who's fault is it?" is kinda pointless isn't it?
Your reasoning is sound up to a point.

You ASSUME that because God can see into the future that He does so continually. Just because someone has certain abilities, does not mean they use them all the time.
Example:" under normal circumstances, you have the ability to walk to work. Unless you have no legs or your job is very close to your house or you work at home etc... you drive your car to work or catch a ride with someone else. You COULDA WALK even if it was quite a distance if you left home early enough, but you take your car instead. You have the ability to walk but you choose not to use it.

I put forth to you that God did not know they would disobey Him and therefor couldn't stop it from happening! Since you were not there and not an eye witness, you have a 50% chance of being correct and the same of being wrong (as I do too!). Not to provoke, but we used to say in church "If you are not an eye witness you are a false witness."

This era or age we are currently in is a test of each individuals willingness to submit to God. Those who see the logic of and benefits of this will and those who don't won't. Only those who put aside their stubbornness and pride will spend eternity with God as joint heirs with Jesus. They will be Kings and Priests for Him ruling the universe with Him and sharing every good thing He has. Those who foolishly refuse will spend eternity separated from God. It's not rocket science. The question to all is: are you smart enough to spend eternity with God?

Old 08-09-2013, 03:24 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,252,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joint heir with jesus View Post
The topic: Eve sinned first... it's all her fault!

Ladies, defend your position.

(Please be kind everyone, this is not a knock-down fight!)
The Bible says Adam sinned. He was created the head of Eve. It was his fault.

Old 08-10-2013, 08:56 AM

987 posts, read 1,122,257 times
Why place any blame anyway. Tho it could certainly be a source of humor in good fun, lol. Who here could say they wouldn't have done the same thing? Who here, the first time they were told not to do something as a child didn't do it? I'ts just our nature as it's the nature of a lion to hunt the antelope, or the spider to weave his web. We don't learn without making mistakes.

Yes, I believe it was all part of God's plan to create us in His image, knowing right from wrong. And since He is perfect, when He is finished with us, we will be in His image, love.

Wishing a blessed weekend for all the posters and readers here at City-Data.

Old 08-10-2013, 11:56 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,971,823 times
No fair making sense
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity