Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2013, 02:02 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,389,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You're the OP. I'm merely continuing along the line you're taking it.

"For it is through Christ's Catholic Church alone, which is the universal help toward salvation, that the fullness of the means of salvation can be obtained."

-- 2nd Vatican Council
How convenient, 1962 data. You might as well quote the Catholic Church of the Inquisition.

The RCC states salvation is available to all, even those that never knew Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2013, 02:08 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,267,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
How convenient, 1962 data. You might as well quote the Catholic Church of the Inquisition.

The RCC states salvation is available to all, even those that never knew Jesus.
It was a Church Council. Was it not infallible?

Old 08-13-2013, 02:14 PM

6,674 posts, read 4,309,234 times
Quote:
So if you are born in a non-Christian country and you never heard of Jesus you are toast?

Is that the kind of God you worship? I cannot believe God would do that?

Can you explain how God could do that?
Troll.

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtrl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a forum, chat room, or blog), either accidentally[3][4] or with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response

Old 08-13-2013, 02:38 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,980,108 times
Quote:
What about the Muslims?

And the Jews?

What happens to them?
While I do believe salvation will only come through acceptance of Jesus, I also believe before the final judgement all are given an opportunity to "see" this and make that choice.

Many who can't imagine doing so right now will do so in the end

Old 08-13-2013, 04:43 PM

794 posts, read 849,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
While I do believe salvation will only come through acceptance of Jesus, I also believe before the final judgement all are given an opportunity to "see" this and make that choice.

Many who can't imagine doing so right now will do so in the end
Yes!! This is what I believe too. This is why I believe most people will be saved.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:18 PM

670 posts, read 818,273 times
Quote:
So why did Jesus have to die?
He didn't have to die!

He was murdered by arrogant hypocrites.

We aren't saved by his death but by living a life around his teachings. We can't be perfect but we don't have to be.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:22 PM

670 posts, read 818,273 times
Quote:
So....Jesus just came to earth....why?
To teach us the Narrow Way which leads to life. To show how powerful his father our God is.
He was an example of how we should strive to be.

We can't become as perfect as he was but we must do our best.

Old 08-13-2013, 05:43 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,389,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
To teach us the Narrow Way which leads to life. To show how powerful his father our God is.
He was an example of how we should strive to be.

We can't become as perfect as he was but we must do our best.
Yep, to be a Christian is to live like Jesus.

To accept Jesus for one second after living a life of sin is rather easy-------way too easy--------effortless. I think this is basically a preaching tool to gain parishioners in the church.

Old 08-13-2013, 06:55 PM

1,214 posts, read 1,703,247 times
I think only God can truly judge, but I think they will go to heaven if they are good people. Especially the Jews as they are still God's chosen people, Israel is proof of this.

I think God will handle the Jews, Muslims, and everyone else. Many people did not have the chance to learn about God, or they weren't taught the full message, this is through no fault of their own. I think God understands as He is all knowing and merciful. There will also be a resurrection and a time of peace (the Jews call this time Olam Habana, meaning the world to come), I think God will give people another chance at this time.

It's not our concern, instead we need to show love towards them and share the gospel if they are inclined to hear it. I consider Judaism to be legitimate, it does teach about the one true God of Abraham, it's just incomplete. Though many Jews are mainly Jewish through ethnicity and culture and not religion, some even practice other religions (including Christianity).

Islam is also an Abraham religion as well with some truth, only downside is that it does teach things that are in direct contradiction with what Jesus and the OT taught. Muhammed was not a man of peace, sorry.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:53 PM

10,116 posts, read 5,033,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
He didn't have to die!
He was murdered by arrogant hypocrites.
We aren't saved by his death but by living a life around his teachings. We can't be perfect but we don't have to be.
Adam was created with a sinless nature.
Jesus was born with a sinless nature.
Adam died because he sinned.[ lost his sinless nature ]
Jesus did Not sin, so Jesus would have never died and would be alive on earth today as a sinless human.
Jesus was sent to be a ransom for us [ Matthew 20 v 28 ] In order to be our ransom Jesus would have to pay with his sinless life that is why 1st John 1 v 7 says it is Jesus' blood [ Not his life ] that cleanses us from sin [ from our sins that are because of a sinful nature that we inherited from fallen Adam as our imperfect family head ]
Without Jesus death we would never have a resurrection.
We can not resurrect oneself or another, so we need someone who can resurrect us.
Jesus now has the keys to unlock death - Rev 1 v 18 - so Jesus can and will resurrect.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity