Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 01:12 PM

73 posts, read 108,673 times

Advertisements

So….did God lie when He said that He would either bless the 12 tribes of the nation of Israel and her seed if they kept His laws or curse them if they did not when they went into a covenant with Him? It should be something that should be easy to find out seeing we have the history of the 12 tribes recorded in the bible.

Blessings and Curses

[1] And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
[2] And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.

God told the 12 tribes if they simply kept His laws they would be blessed. And not simply blessed, but they would be blessed above ALL of the nations of the world.

God also gave us a way to identify Israel; by seeing the blessing of the Lord upon the 12 tribes the nations of the world would know these people are God’s chosen. The whole world would know who are the 12 tribes of the nation of Israel. Let’s read it….

Deut.28
[10] And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee.

So the blessings of God upon the nation of Israel was to be used let the other nations of the world know just who these people are. God’s word tells us that, “…all the people of the earth…” shall know who the 12 tribes are based upon the blessings of God. This was God’s sign to let the world know who was Israel.

But didn’t God also tell us another way to identify the 12 tribes of Israel? Didn’t God say He would provide another sign letting the world know who’s Israel?

Didn’t God say that He would curse the nation of Israel, ALL 12 TRIBES, if they did not keep His laws?

Deut.28
[15] But it shall come to pass, if thou wilt not hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe to do all his commandments and his statutes which I command thee this day; that all these curses shall come upon thee, and overtake thee:

And didn’t God say that not only would these curses be upon the nation of Israel that lived at that time, but they would also be upon her seed forever?

Deut.28
[46] And they shall be upon thee for a sign and for a wonder, and upon thy seed for ever.

And didn’t God tell us that these curses would also be used as a sign by the seed of the nation of Israel AND the nations of the world to identify just who the true nation of Israel are?

Deut.28
[45] Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee:
[46] And they shall be upon thee for a sign and for a wonder, and upon thy seed for ever.

Deut.29
[22] So that the generation to come of your children that shall rise up after you, and the stranger that shall come from a far land, shall say, when they see the plagues of that land, and the sicknesses which the LORD hath laid upon it;
[24] Even all nations shall say, Wherefore hath the LORD done thus unto this land? what meaneth the heat of this great anger?
[25] Then men shall say, Because they have forsaken the covenant of the LORD God of their fathers, which he made with them when he brought them forth out of the land of Egypt:
[26] For they went and served other gods, and worshipped them, gods whom they knew not, and whom he had not given unto them:
[27] And the anger of the LORD was kindled against this land, to bring upon it all the curses that are written in this book:
[28] And the LORD rooted them out of their land in anger, and in wrath, and in great indignation, and cast them into another land, as it is this day.

God offered both blessings and curses to the 12 tribes of Israel. God said if they kept their end of the bargin He would bless ALL 12 tribes, but if they did not keep His laws He would curse ALL 12 tribes. Notice that God made NO provisions to bless some of the tribes and not others, or that some of the blessings would be bestowed to some of the 12 while others would be cursed. God said that either ALL 12 tribes would be blessed or ALL 12 tribes would be cursed, based upon whether or not they kept their end of the covenant;

“Keep therefore the words of this covenant, and do them, that ye may prosper in all that ye do. Ye stand this day all of you before the LORD your God; your captains of your tribes, your elders, and your officers, with all the men of Israel.” Deut.29:9-10

“I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live:” Deut.30:19

God gave the world 2 ways by which to identify the 12 tribes of Israel; the earth could tell who the 12 tribes are by either the blessings or curses bestowed upon them, based upon whether or not they kept God’s covenant.

So……let’s find what the nation of Israel decided to do! Let’s find if they kept God’s laws or did they break them. And by doing so we will find out what signs to look for when identifying the true nation of Israel; blessings or curses.

Did Israel Keep or Break God’s laws?

Let’s find if the 12 tribes of Israel kept God’s laws which would have resulted in blessings or broke God’s laws resulting in curses.

Jer.3
[6] The LORD said also unto me in the days of Josiah the king, Hast thou seen that which backsliding Israel hath done? she is gone up upon every high mountain and under every green tree, and there hath played the harlot.
[7] And I said after she had done all these things, Turn thou unto me. But she returned not. And her treacherous sister Judah saw it.
[8] And I saw, when for all the causes whereby backsliding Israel committed adultery I had put her away, and given her a bill of divorce; yet her treacherous sister Judah feared not, but went and played the harlot also.
[9] And it came to pass through the lightness of her whoredom, that she defiled the land, and committed adultery with stones and with stocks.
[10] And yet for all this her treacherous sister Judah hath not turned unto me with her whole heart, but feignedly, saith the LORD.
[11] And the LORD said unto me, The backsliding Israel hath justified herself more than treacherous Judah.

So we know that not only did the nation of Israel disobey God, they did so to the point that God gave them a ‘…bill of divorce…’. Let’s read what their condition was 70 years later in the book of Daniel.

Dan.9
[2] In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.
[3] And I set my face unto the Lord God, to seek by prayer and supplication, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes:
[4] And I prayed unto the LORD my God, and made my confession, and said, O Lord, the great and dreadful God, keeping the covenant and mercy to them that love him, and to them that keep his commandments;
[5] We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments:

So it seems that the promise of 70 years of desolation issued by God for not keeping His laws came to past. Above we find Daniel praying to God and asking what is going to happen to the nation of Israel now that the 70 years was coming to an end. Let’s continue and read what is their current state…

Dan.9
[9] To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgivenesses, though we have rebelled against him;
[10] Neither have we obeyed the voice of the LORD our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets.
[11] Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.
[12] And he hath confirmed his words, which he spake against us, and against our judges that judged us, by bringing upon us a great evil: for under the whole heaven hath not been done as hath been done upon Jerusalem.
[13] As it is written in the law of Moses, all this evil is come upon us: yet made we not our prayer before the LORD our God, that we might turn from our iniquities, and understand thy truth.
[14] Therefore hath the LORD watched upon the evil, and brought it upon us: for the LORD our God is righteous in all his works which he doeth: for we obeyed not his voice.
[15] And now, O Lord our God, that hast brought thy people forth out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and hast gotten thee renown, as at this day; we have sinned, we have done wickedly.

So even during the time of Daniel we find that the 12 tribes still have not kept their part of the covenant and the curses are YET upon them. Let’s read if their situation changed during the time of Christ.

Matt.10
[1] And when he had called unto him his twelve disciples, he gave them power against unclean spirits, to cast them out, and to heal all manner of sickness and all manner of disease.
[5] These twelve Jesus sent forth, and commanded them, saying, Go not into the way of the Gentiles, and into any city of the Samaritans enter ye not:[6] But go rather to the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Matt.15
[24] But he answered and said, I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel.

Now does Christ mean that the 12 tribes are actually ‘lost’ and that there is no knowledge of their whereabouts? No! For as we know Paul not only knew that he was an Israelite, but he also knew to which of the 12 tribes he belonged, “Though I might also have confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that he hath whereof he might trust in the flesh, I more: Circumcised the eighth day, of the stock of Israel, of the tribe of Benjamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrews…”.

What Christ is saying is that the lost sheep of the house of Israel is still divorced from God because of their not keeping the agreement of the covenant. They are lost spiritually because they are still not keeping the commandments of the Lord and they are lost literally, scattered abroad, within the land of their enemies.

So Who’s Lying?

So it appears that God did NOT lie concerning the curses that would overtake the 12 tribes of Israel for not keeping the covenant. For we have just read that throughout most of the OT and even into the NT the nation of Israel did not keep the commandments of God, thus they were given all of the curses that God said He would put upon them.

Now we know those curses were upon the nation even after the books of the NT for as we know in 70ad the remaining Israelites were scattered into all of the parts of the earth.

Again….God did not lie! And if God did not lie that means the curses of God are STILL upon the seed of ALL 12 tribes of the nation of Israel. Why? Because the marrage of the Lamb has not taken place yet. Let’s read….

Jer.3
[14] Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:
[15] And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.
[16] And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more.
[17] At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.
[18] In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.

And how do we know the above marriage has not happened? Because ALL nations have not been gathered unto the throne of the Lord in Jerusalem! Because ALL nations are still walking after the imaginations of their own hearts! Because BOTH houses of Israel, Judah AND Israel, have not been gathered together unto the land that was promised to their fathers. Just as both blessings and curses was to be given to ALL 12 tribes, so will God gather ALL 12 tribes for the marriage!

So if God did not lie and the curses, NOT blessings, are yet upon the seed of ALL 12 tribes of Israel, that can only mean one thing;

Rev.2
[9] I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Rev.3
[9] Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

God said just as the blessings would be used by all the world to identify the 12 tribes, so would the curses be used by all nations as a sign identifying who the 12 tribes are;

Deut.28
[45] Moreover all these curses shall come upon thee, and shall pursue thee, and overtake thee, till thou be destroyed; because thou hearkenedst not unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep his commandments and his statutes which he commanded thee:

Deut.29
[22] So that the generation to come of your children that shall rise up after you, and the stranger that shall come from a far land, shall say, when they see the plagues of that land, and the sicknesses which the LORD hath laid upon it;
[24] Even all nations shall say, Wherefore hath the LORD done thus unto this land? what meaneth the heat of this great anger?
[25] Then men shall say, Because they have forsaken the covenant of the LORD God of their fathers, which he made with them when he brought them forth out of the land of Egypt:
[26] For they went and served other gods, and worshipped them, gods whom they knew not, and whom he had not given unto them:
[27] And the anger of the LORD was kindled against this land, to bring upon it all the curses that are written in this book:
[28] And the LORD rooted them out of their land in anger, and in wrath, and in great indignation, and cast them into another land, as it is this day.

And we know from reading God's word that the 12 tribes did NOT keep the commandments of God. So that means that the seed of the 12 tribes to this day must still have the curses that God said would be upon them.

If the people that claim to be of the nation of Israel do not have the identifying signs that God said would be used to tell who’s a true Israelites then……..

Who’s lying?

God? Or those that call themselves Jews!

Let's read it again.....

Rev.2
[9]
I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Rev.3
[9] Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 03:59 PM

9,676 posts, read 9,966,783 times
In these scriptures of Revelation 2 the prophecies of Jesus said that these Jews were not Jews actually means .....See gentiles are people who do not know God and are not saved to the Lord , where as Jew through the descendants of Abraham Isaac and Jacob or Israel and others had faith and had a faith in the Lord and God interacted with these faithful people , in which one son of Jacob was Judah which claimed the inherited of the first born blessing ...... Where as a time waned and the descendants of Judah many people lost faith in God and God became a religion of Godliness and the power of God became absent , Jesus in turn is questioning whether these Jews who did evil were of the synagogue of satan and faithless to God were gentile , just as the majority of Jews to day are gentile and faithless to the living God without a true covenant ....

Old 09-17-2013, 03:15 PM

Forum......God gave us only (2) ways to identify the true nation of Israel. The earth would be able to tell who the 12 tribes are by either their blessings if they kept God's laws, or by their curses if they did not keep God's laws.

God NEVER said that He would give some of the nation curses or blessings. His covenant was for ALL 12 tribes no matter where they lived.

We know for a fact that not only did the 12 tribes NOT keep God's laws, but they transgressed them so much that God gave them a 'bill of divorce'!

Has the marriage of the Lamb happened yet? If not the 'true' nation of Israel is yet divorced from their God and they yet have the curses upon them......ALL of them!

The people in the land today that call themselves 'Jews' do NOT have the curses of God upon them.

Consider this.......one of the curses that God said He would put upon the 'true' 12 tribes is that they would be scattered from their land and not occupy it until He would gather ALL 12 tribes.

All 12 tribes have not been gathered.

Consider this.......one of the curses that God said He would put upon the 'true' nation of Israel would be that they would be a weak nation.

Does having WMD's make those that call themselves 'Jews' a weak nation?

ALL of the curses of God MUST be upon the 12 tribes. That is the way God said the world would be able to tell who the 'true' nation of Israel are!

If they do not have the curses.....then someone is lying;

Tit.1
[2] In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

Now if God CANNOT LIE.......

That leaves us with only one choice;

Rev.2
[9]
I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.
Rev.3

Again forum......who's lying?

Old 09-17-2013, 03:25 PM

198 posts, read 261,998 times
I did not read your entire post, it's too long. But I saw what I needed to see. Simple answer, Titus 1:2- God CANNOT lie. Period. End of story.

Old 09-18-2013, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszlady View Post
I did not read your entire post, it's too long. But I saw what I needed to see. Simple answer, Titus 1:2- God CANNOT lie. Period. End of story.

Too long? Really? This post is a 15min read at best! Much shorter than any pastors Sunday sermon.

Well here's the 'cliff notes' version;

1. God said that He would bless ALL 12 tribes of the nation of Israel if they kept His laws!

Or........if the 12 tribes did not keep His laws then the following.........

2. God said that He would curse ALL 12 tribes of the nation of Israel if they did not keep His laws!

3. God said that the blessings upon ALL 12 tribes would be a sign to all of the world to know who the 12 tribes of Israel are!

Or.......if the 12 tribes did not keep His laws......

4. God said that the curses upon ALL 12 tribes would be a sign to all of the world to know who the 12 tribes of Israel are!

5. God also said that either....not both, blessing or curses would be upon the seed of the 12 tribes until His return.

6. Israel did NOT keep God's laws! God gave them a bill of divorce!

7. That means that to this day the seed of the 12 tribes of Israel have curses and NOT blessings!

8. But those that call themselves Jews do not have the curses upon them!

So who is lying? God or those that call themselves Jews?

Old 09-18-2013, 03:04 PM

198 posts, read 261,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccl 12vs13 View Post
Too long? Really? This post is a 15min read at best! Much shorter than any pastors Sunday sermon.

1. God said that He would bless ALL 12 tribes of the nation of Israel if they kept His laws!

2. God said that He would curse ALL 12 tribes of the nation of Israel if they did not keep His laws!

3. God said that the blessings upon ALL 12 tribes would be a sign to all of the world to know who the 12 tribes of Israel are!

4. God said that the curses upon ALL 12 tribes would be a sign to all of the world to know who the 12 tribes of Israel are!

5. God also said that either....not both, blessing or curses would be upon the seed of the 12 tribes until His return.

7. That means that to this day the seed of the 12 tribes of Israel have curses and NOT blessings!

Let me ask you this, do you believe God CAN lie?

Old 09-19-2013, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszlady View Post
Let me ask you this, do you believe God CAN lie?
Well.....that question has already been answered.

Tit.1
[2] In hope of eternal life, which God, that cannot lie, promised before the world began;

And since we know that God CANNOT lie......that only leaves one conclusion;

Rev.2
[9]
Rev.3

Those that call themselves Jews are not who they claim to be! They cannot be one of the 12 tribes for they have not the curses that God said would be upon them and their seed for not keeping His laws!

Old 09-19-2013, 08:23 AM

45,218 posts, read 100,470,868 times
Quote:

God can't lie, all who know him know that

And just because Jews do not understand things the way Christians do does not mean they are "lying".

What IS your point with all these diatribes?

Old 09-19-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
God can't lie, all who know him know that

And just because Jews do not understand things the way Christians do does not mean they are "lying".

What IS your point with all these diatribes?

The point is this;

God said He would give the world a sign to let them know who is the true seed of the nation of Israel.

The people that claim to be the seed of Israel do NOT have those signs that God said would be upon the seed of the true nation of Israel....therefore they are not who they claim to be.

If those that call themselves Jews are not the true seed of the nation of Israel..........then;

Who is the real seed of the nation of Israel?

What people have the signs that God said would be used to tell who is the REAL Israelites?

Can you find a people that have the signs upon them......the curses that God said would be upon the seed of the 12 tribes?

Once you find a people with the curses of God upon them you will have found the true Israelites!

Those that call themselves Jews today do NOT have those signs! They are claiming to be a people who they are not!

The curses are in God's word for ALL to read.....how could anybody NOT know?

This is the point!

Old 09-19-2013, 12:08 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,470,868 times
Quote:
The point is this;

God said He would give the world a sign to let them know who is the true seed of the nation of Israel.

The people that claim to be the seed of Israel do NOT have those signs that God said would be upon the seed of the true nation of Israel....therefore they are not who they claim to be.

If those that call themselves Jews are not the true seed of the nation of Israel..........then;

Who is the real seed of the nation of Israel?

What people have the signs that God said would be used to tell who is the REAL Israelites?

Can you find a people that have the signs upon them......the curses that God said would be upon the seed of the 12 tribes?

Once you find a people with the curses of God upon them you will have found the true Israelites!

Those that call themselves Jews today do NOT have those signs! They are claiming to be a people who they are not!

The curses are in God's word for ALL to read.....how could anybody NOT know?

This is the point!

And this matters to you why?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity