Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2014, 11:20 PM

4,217 posts, read 2,796,239 times

Advertisements

Jesus said ; "I am the gate, anyone who enters by me will be saved."

Now Christianity believes that Jesus is speaking of Himself personally. He was actually speaking of the position He holds as a servant and son of God. That is why He speaks of the son of man in the third person because there will be others and have been others. That is why He told the men He was tutoring that they would long to see a day of the son of man but would not see it. Why? Because they would fail and Jesus knew it. He said there would be a time that the son of man would be revealed. Could this be that time?

He said ;"When the son of man comes." Notice He did not say when I come. He spoke of the son of man in the third person many times. Because the son of man is the servant and prophet of God.

What Jesus was saying when He said "I am the gate" is that what He was doing is the way into heaven.

That is why He said; "The one who enters through the gate is the shepherd of the sheep."

Sure the sheep are suppose to follow but they ultimately are to become the shepherd of the sheep, One as Jesus is One with the Father.

That is why He said;" As the Father sent me so I send you. Go and make disciples of all the nation's baptizing them in the name of the Father the son and the Holy Spirit and teach them to carry out everything I have commanded you."

Luke 17
22 Then He said to the disciples, "The days will come when you will desire to see one of the days of the Son of Man, and you will not see it.
23 And they will say to you, 'Look here!' or 'Look there!' Do not go after them or follow them.
24 For as the lightning that flashes out of one part under heaven shines to the other part under heaven, so also the Son of Man will be in His day.
25 But first He must suffer many things and be rejected by this generation.
26 And as it was in the days of Noah, so it will be also in the days of the Son of Man:
27 They ate, they drank, they married wives, they were given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark, and the flood came and destroyed them all.
28 Likewise as it was also in the days of Lot: They ate, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they built;
29 but on the day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven and destroyed them all.
30 Even so will it be in the day when the Son of Man is revealed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2014, 03:02 AM

1,311 posts, read 1,536,290 times
Default The Little Gate To God

In the castle of my soul
Is a little postern gate,
Whereat, when I enter,
I am in the presence of God.
In a moment, in the turning of a thought,
I am where God is,
This is a fact.

When I enter into God,
All life has a meaning,
Without asking I know;
My desires are even now fulfilled,
My fever is gone
In the great quiet of God.
My troubles are but pebbles on the road,
My joys are like the everlasting hills.
So it is when my souls steps through the postern gate
Into the presence of God.

Big things become small,
and small things become great.
The near becomes far,
and the future is near.
The lowly and despised is shot through with glory...
God is the substance of all revolutions;
When I am in Him,
I am in the Kingdom of God.
And in the Fatherland of my Soul.
~Walter Rauschenbusch

Last edited by Cephas40; 07-12-2014 at 03:10 AM..

Old 07-12-2014, 09:01 AM

When Jesus said; "If the son frees you, you shall truly be free," he was saying that if you act in truth and continue in His word you would be free because of your induction into the people of God and the son of man, the prophets. That is why His followers are to remain in Him, the truth, the word of God.

Old 07-12-2014, 01:05 PM

Anyone who is not willing to take up the cross and follow after me is not worthy of me.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:21 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,454,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Anyone who is not willing to take up the cross and follow after me is not worthy of me.
The cross exemplifies that of a single-language of life, which should not be isolated called love.
It’s the only aspect in which we can participate, everything else consists of pride and arrogance.

Old 07-12-2014, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
The cross exemplifies that of a single-language of life, which should not be isolated called love.
It’s the only aspect in which we can participate, everything else consists of pride and arrogance.
"The man who comes to me hears my words and uses them."

"If you continue in my teaching you are truly my disciple then you shall know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

"Genuine worshipers worship the Father in spirit and in truth."

"Speak the truth to one another, judge righteously, and let honosty and peace be at your gate."

I am the light of the world, no one who follows me shall ever walk in darkness because he will possess the light of life.

Old 07-12-2014, 03:23 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,657,928 times
If your doctrine is weird, than it's wrong. which it is.. both weird and wrong.

If we do not come to THE door, THE "Son of Man" Jesus Christ for salvation we will not be with the Father.

Old 07-12-2014, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
If your doctrine is weird, than it's wrong. which it is.. both weird and wrong.

If we do not come to THE door, THE "Son of Man" Jesus Christ for salvation we will not be with the Father.
The reason you do not believe is you do not want to come to the son of man so you will have life.

Old 07-13-2014, 05:29 AM

9,701 posts, read 10,068,333 times
The bible says that the gate of heaven is a bronze gate, which will seem closed to weak believers who do not hear from Jesus ... But Jesus needs followers who have conviction and are willing to persevere in faith and keep their foot and even their mouth out of the world , and on the things of Heaven instead .........

Old 07-15-2014, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The bible says that the gate of heaven is a bronze gate, which will seem closed to weak believers who do not hear from Jesus ... But Jesus needs followers who have conviction and are willing to persevere in faith and keep their foot and even their mouth out of the world , and on the things of Heaven instead .........
Whoever speaks on their own seeks their own glory but he who seeks the glory of the One who sent him is truthful and their is no unrighteousness in him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity