Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 05:29 PM

794 posts, read 842,654 times

Advertisements

I just saw this and I had to share it with everyone here. I couldn't believe my eyes!

Christian Painter David Garibaldi Creates a Holy Image That'll Leave You in Awe - Check It Out - Inspirational Video
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 09:19 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,848,840 times
It didn't

Old 08-16-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
It didn't
It didn't?.. leave you in awe? Well if that doesn't I don't know what will.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:09 PM

670 posts, read 811,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
I just saw this and I had to share it with everyone here. I couldn't believe my eyes!

Christian Painter David Garibaldi Creates a Holy Image That'll Leave You in Awe - Check It Out - Inspirational Video
That was pretty cool, not very many people can paint that fast.

Was that a live video or was it sped up?

Many artists depict Christ as a white male but to be more accurate he would have been a Middle Eastern male Jew with dark complexion and a beard. Historically speaking Jesus might have been an Essene Rabbi. I saw a picture of Jesus with the words "Does this look like a Terrorist?" written underneath, I got a big kick out of that, then it fine print it said racial profiling is bad which I agree with.

My favorite painting is "the Last Supper." I still enjoy that painting even if I don't believe in the blood sacrifice stuff any more.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
That was pretty cool, not very many people can paint that fast.

Was that a live video or was it sped up?

Many artists depict Christ as a white male but to be more accurate he would have been a Middle Eastern male Jew with dark complexion and a beard. Historically speaking Jesus might have been an Essene Rabbi. I saw a picture of Jesus with the words "Does this look like a Terrorist?" written underneath, I got a big kick out of that, then it fine print it said racial profiling is bad which I agree with.

My favorite painting is "the Last Supper." I still enjoy that painting even if I don't believe in the blood sacrifice stuff any more.
It was a live video. Not sped up at all.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
It was a live video. Not sped up at all.
Nice. That's impressive. Do you know the name of the Artist in the video?

I am an artist.
Not that good yet still need practice.
I am going to college to get an Associate in Graphic Design.
I would like to some day make my own comic books or work in the video game industry.

LoL
At least we can enjoy art with out bickering over doctrinal differences.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
Nice. That's impressive. Do you know the name of the Artist in the video?

I am an artist.
Not that good yet still need practice.
I am going to college to get an Associate in Graphic Design.
I would like to some day make my own comic books or work in the video game industry.

LoL
At least we can enjoy art with out bickering over doctrinal differences.
David Garibaldi

I wanted to be an artist, but the desire just kept going away more and more over the years. Not sure why. I don't like placing my identity in anything because I don't believe what we do makes us who we are.

Old 08-17-2013, 12:37 AM

Quote:
David Garibaldi

I wanted to be an artist, but the desire just kept going away more and more over the years. Not sure why. I don't like placing my identity in anything because I don't believe what we do makes us who we are.
I'll have to look him up and see if he has any famous work.

We seem to have very different philosophical points of view, I feel what we do has an impact on the world and we can do some good while where alive. I think we are defined by what we do but on a psychological level it all originates with our beliefs and thoughts.

May peace and love be with you always.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:12 AM

5,965 posts, read 6,987,162 times
Is it just me, or did it look like there was a swastika painted on the man's cheek? I generally don't like "Jesus" art because we have been fed an image of what we think Jesus is supposed to look like and yet, I really doubt that is what Jesus looked like. It seems to me if people believe that Jesus IS GOD, they would not make images of him. I know this sounds critical, and I'm not criticizing you for the original post because I know you are sincere - but have these types of questions ever entered your mind when it comes to "paintings of Christ" and how we developed this 20th and 21st Century image that we associate with him?

Old 08-17-2013, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Is it just me, or did it look like there was a swastika painted on the man's cheek? I generally don't like "Jesus" art because we have been fed an image of what we think Jesus is supposed to look like and yet, I really doubt that is what Jesus looked like. It seems to me if people believe that Jesus IS GOD, they would not make images of him. I know this sounds critical, and I'm not criticizing you for the original post because I know you are sincere - but have these types of questions ever entered your mind when it comes to "paintings of Christ" and how we developed this 20th and 21st Century image that we associate with him?
No one can ever paint an accurate image of Jesus' human form and I think most people who draw or paint Jesus realize that. It is what they perceive Him to look like. They just want to glorify Jesus in their work and there is no harm in that.

As far as the swastika you think you saw, its just you. I've watched the video about 5 times now and just went back to focus on that part and did not see that image at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity