Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 11:20 PM

8,168 posts, read 6,920,059 times

Advertisements

As in Adam all die.
So, in Christ shall all live.

How could ANYTHING be more powerful than LOVE?? (God IS Love)
Hitler's evil is more powerful than LOVE?
Surely you jest.

LOVE OVERCOMES ALL.

For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour, Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Where is your faith?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2013, 11:23 PM

1,999 posts, read 2,471,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
If Adolph Hitler accepted Jesus as his savior before death. If he was truly saved by grace.

Would Hitler go to heaven?
Adolf Hitler died in a state of mortal sin.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:24 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,649,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
As in Adam all die.

Surely you jest.

LOVE OVERCOMES ALL.

For this [is] good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour, Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Where is your faith?
So, how do you explain Matthew 25:31-46 where it mentions God casting people into hell? And this is just one example of hell existing and people going there.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:33 PM

8,168 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain and simple View Post
So, how do you explain Matthew 25:31-46 where it mentions God casting people into hell? And this is just one example of hell existing and people going there.

Why not address what I posted?

Old 08-21-2013, 11:53 PM

Quote:
These are both not just untrue but lies from hell itself. There is NO scriptural evidence of purgatory whatsoever and not everyone goes to heaven. Hell exists and God will send people there.

Read for yourself:

Matthew 25:31-46 says,

It doesn't get any clearer than this. Hell exists. It's eternal. It was created for Satan and his fallen angels but we are all the children of who we obey, God or Satan. If we are not Gods, we are Satan's and will spend eternity with him, just as those who obey God are His children and will spend eternity with Him. And God will send them there.
Purgatory is for those you call God's children. Carrying out a genocide of millions of people and claiming at the last moment "I believe in you Jesus!" does not erase the effects of your sins. That belief of yours is what's a "lie from hell."

Purgatory is not damnation but salvation. God is not just merciful but just. And due to His justic some or many will enter heaven through purgation and the mercy of God is because of that which leads them to heaven.

Quote:
NOTE: If you're going to say anything against this, you MUST say what it is about THIS scripture that you don't believe.
Nonsense, no boxer has to fight the fight of another boxer. A Christian does not have to follow the demands of a Muslim to only argue from the Koran. And no Catholic or atheist or Jew has to follow the demands of a Protestant as to how they must proceed in an argument.

The bible is not even needed for a lay Catholic. The bible is like one breast of a woman. The church is like the whole body of a woman. Now, why would some man want to go to bed with one severed breast?

Old 08-22-2013, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Yes, if Hitler truly repented and accepted Jesus as his Savior before His death, being truly saved by grace, then yes, Hitler would be in heaven. If he didn't, he will be in hell with everyone else who rejects Jesus' sacrifice on the cross as the ONLY possible payment for their sins.
And how would he repent?

But being Protestant you don't acknowledge the difference between mortal sin and venial sin. You think stealing a candy bar out of Walmart is the same as Pol Pot running a genocide throughout Cambodia.

Hitler was baptized into the Catholic Church, which for him means he really needed to see a confessor, and part of the absolution requires not just a contrite heart but acts of repentance. I can hardly see a priest giving Hitler a few Hail Mary's to pray as an act of repentance.

But I'm hazarding a guess Hitler didn't receive the sacrament of confession before his death (and I think its accepted he did not survive the end of the war?), so, as a baptized Catholic, irrespective of him not being a practicing Catholic and an enemy of Catholicism, he can be said to have died in a state of mortal sin.

Quote:
Look at Saul of Tarsus, who became the apostle Paul! He was a ruthless persecutor and murderer of Christians before he encountered God on the road to Emmaus! Moses murdered an Egyptian. King David was guilty of plotting the murder of Uriah, the husband of Bathsheba, so he could have her for himself.
Hitler did not repent as Paul did. And I'm having a hard time imagining you made Adolf Hitler analogues to St. Paul who God choose for special purposes and spoke to.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Why not address what I posted?
That's rich. I can't count how many times I've addressed what you and other Universalists have posted. Countless times. Yet, NOT ONCE have any of you addressed my points, or any other Christians, in regards to the scriptures about hell. Not once. Every one of you avoid the scriptures about hell, and the questions regarding them, like the plague. You always respond with factless statements of opinion and more questions to challenge everyone else. Have some guts to stand up for your claim that you believe in the God of the Bible and explain why you continually ignore every scripture about hell. Christians have repeatedly answered your questions.

You have this lovey-dovey, namby-pamby idea of a wimpy, hippy god that excuses people every manner of sin and evil. You then assert that Christians follow a god of hate. As if it's either/or. Christians have repeatedly acknowledged that God IS love but that He is also a God of justice and wrath, as the scriptures clearly say.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
Hitler did not repent as Paul did. And I'm having a hard time imagining you made Adolf Hitler analogues to St. Paul who God choose for special purposes and spoke to.
I never said Hitler repented. The OP asked "IF Hitler DID repent and WERE truly saved by grace, WOULD he be in heaven." The answer to that is yes. Everyone who repents and is truly saved by grace will be in heaven. DID he repent and IS he in heaven. It's most likely that he didn't.

Old 08-22-2013, 12:39 AM

9,556 posts, read 20,790,599 times
If Hitler DID make it to heaven, then will he watch with Jesus and the saints as the 6 million Jews (who did not accept Jesus) writhe in agony in the flames of hell?

Old 08-22-2013, 12:44 AM

Quote:
As in Adam all die.

Surely you jest.

LOVE OVERCOMES ALL.

Where is your faith?
You want your post addressed? Here you go...

Where is your scriptural support for what you said? Nowhere. It's all opinion and things you want to be true. Those who will "live in Christ" are only those who repented and accepted Him while they were alive on the earth. After they die, there are no second chances. No purgatory.

You don't believe the scriptures that say God is a jealous God? A holy and just God? A God of wrath? A God that sends people to hell if they reject Christ? Surely you jest.

You quoted 1 Timothy 2:3-4. In the original Greek text, this isn't a decree by God but a statement of His will. It's His desire for all men to be saved. There is a distinction between God's desire and His eternal saving purpose, which must transcend His desires. In other words, God has an eternal purpose laid out. As much as He desires to have all men live with Him for eternity, He has acknowledged that, because of their rejection of Christ, that not all men WILL be with Him. Nonetheless, His eternal plan MUST override His desire because He's Holy and Just.

God does not want men to sin. He hates sin with all His being according to Psalms 5:4 and Psalm 45:7; thus, He hates its consequences -- eternal wickedness in hell. God does not want people to remain wicked forever in eternal remorse and hatred of Himself. Yet, God, for His own glory, and to manifest that glory in wrath, chose to endure "vessels prepared for destruction" for the supreme fulfillment of His will as expressed in Romans 9:22. In His eternal purpose, He chose only the elect out of the world (John 17:6) and passed over the rest, leaving them to the consequences of their sin, unbelief and rejection of Christ (Romans 1:18-32). Ultimately, God's choices are determined by His sovereign, eternal purpose, not His desires. (2 Peter 3:9)

Now, if you please, would you be so kind as to address my earlier point about the scriptures in Matthew I quoted? (And all the others in the scripture that talk about hell being a place of torment and God sending people there.) I am TRULY curious how Universalism explains these away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity