Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 06:35 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Romans 8:14
For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.
And the Religious minded continue to play, "Cops and Robbers."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2013, 06:40 PM

63,810 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
The Spirit you describe and defend does not sound like any God I know and not the one revealed and exemplified by Christ's life, teachings and death. It is certainly not one I could believe in. Are you sure you are a child of the right Spirit, Twin.

Old 08-25-2013, 06:49 PM

670 posts, read 815,365 times
Quote:
You need to take your troll posts to where trolls can mock to their hearts content.
I am not a Troll.

I am a Christian who rejects the trinity because it's false.
After All:
"God is not a man, that he should lie, or the son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"- Numbers 23:19

Old 08-25-2013, 06:59 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
The Spirit you describe and defend does not sound like any God I know and not the one revealed and exemplified by Christ's life, teachings and death. It is certainly not one I could believe in. Are you sure you are a child of the right Spirit, Twin.
Nice try ... throw the seeds of doubt somewhere else.
We are all aware of the masquerading spirit you've been quoting.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
I am not a Troll.

I am a Christian who rejects the trinity because it's false.
After All:
"God is not a man, that he should lie, or the son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?"- Numbers 23:19
A Christian does not reject what you do ... an OT believer did not reject what you do.

Old 08-25-2013, 07:15 PM

670 posts, read 815,365 times
Quote:
A Christian does not reject what you do ... an OT believer did not reject what you do.
It's a sin to worship Jesus because he is not his father. The son was given authorities but those powers could be taken away if God willed it. Jesus is King of the Earth, Messiah, and Son of God but is not God.

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Matthew 24:36

Jesus can't know the date of the End Times. Why? Because he is not God.
As God is All-Knowing but Jesus isn't therefore Jesus is not God.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
It's a sin to worship Jesus because he is not his father. The son was given authorities but those powers could be taken away if God willed it. Jesus is King of the Earth, Messiah, and Son of God but is not God.

“But about that day or hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." - Matthew 24:36

Jesus can't know the date of the End Times. Why? Because he is not God.
As God is All-Knowing but Jesus isn't therefore Jesus is not God.
Jesus was worshipped since infancy ...
Matthew 2:11
On coming to the house, they saw the child with his mother Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him
-------------------------------------------------------------
Matthew 1:23
“Behold, the virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and they shall call his name Immanuel†(which means, God with us).
which that is quoted from the OT
Isaiah 7:14
Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.

-----------------------------------------------------

God searches the heart \ every thought:
1 Chronicles 28:9
... for the Lord searches every heart and understands every desire and every thought.
Jesus searches the heart \ and every thought
Revelation 2:23 .. Then all the churches will know that I am he who searches hearts and minds

Matthew 9:4 Knowing their thoughts, Jesus said, “Why do you entertain evil thoughts in your hearts?

Luke 9:47 Jesus, knowing their thoughts, took a little child and had him stand beside him.

So why did Jesus say he didn't know about that day or hour ...? (not that I'd expect you'd understand)
Philippians 2:6-7
Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped but emptied himself, by taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men.
meaning ... Jesus didn't know because he voluntarily relinquished "emptied himself" of his Godhood by "taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men"

Jesus spoke that from the perspective of the form of a servant ... aka state of humiliation.
----------------------------------------------

So it still stands "A Christian does not reject what you do ... an OT believer did not reject what you do."

Old 08-25-2013, 08:24 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't disagree with anything the Bible has to say about the Father, Son or Holy Ghost. I could quote from the Bible to support my belief in the Godhead just as effectively as someone else could quote from it to support his belief in the Trinity. What bothers me is that my belief in what the Bible has to say about God is insufficient, according to some Christians. In addition to believing what the Bible has to say about God, I must also believe what the Nicene and Athanasian Creeds say about God. If these Creeds add nothing to what the Bible teaches, why must I buy into them?
If you don't believe in the Trinitarian God, as the Bible teaches, then you believe in a different God than we do. Our God is Trinitarian. Either you are not right, or we are not right.

I really don't mean to pick a fight...but the simple question of who God is, is pretty important.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:37 PM

28,100 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
If you don't believe in the Trinitarian God, as the Bible teaches, then you believe in a different God than we do. Our God is Trinitarian. Either you are not right, or we are not right.
When you can prove to me that the Bible teaches of the same God as the 4th and 5th Century creeds do, get back to me, Vizio. I believe every last word the Bible has to say about God. It's as simple as that. I do not believe in the interpretation of scripture that was formulated several hundred years later by a group of men convened at the request of a pagan emperor with a political agenda. Sorry about that.

Quote:
I really don't mean to pick a fight...but the simple question of who God is, is pretty important.
Of course you mean to pick a fight, Vizio. I'm just not going to give in and give you what you want.

Old 08-25-2013, 08:48 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
Yea sure ... that's why God revealed the trinity to Peter when he writes:
1 Peter 1:2
who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father,
through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood:
Grace and peace be yours in abundance.
just in case there is no excuses when being held to account for the stubbornness: here is the trinity being mentioned
  1. the foreknowledge of God the Father
  2. through the sanctifying work of the Spirit
  3. to be obedient to Jesus Christ and sprinkled with his blood

As I said before, despite post #1, #25

God gave us an example of how to understand the Spirit by understanding the flesh. Remember we can know God by the things that are made:

Rom 1:20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

Now, Clement says that the Flesh is a type of the Spirit:

..."For this flesh is the type of the spirit;"

Of Adam's substance (his flesh) was Eve made. And all are made from that flesh thereafter. The flesh is a type of the Spirit. Showing us how the Father takes of Himself for He is Spirit (The Holy Spirit) and provides it to form His offspring:

Rom 8:15 For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity