Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 01:59 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Your reading the plurality into a form that the plurality is not. For the plurality your referring to which is Elohim is spoken of as such:

For the term Eloë in the Jewish language denotes God, while Elōeim and Eleōuth in the Hebrew language signify “that which contains all.” So your seeing "that which contains all" being denoted as plural but as you can see that doesn't mean more than one.

Do you disagree?
I do not disagree that most of Jews reject the truth today.. as they did 2000 years ago ... as most did since Moses.

I did not expect when doing this OP that folks like yourself and other hardened individuals were to miraculously turn about from their unbelief and using other so-called experts.

What this shows is those who have come to understand and believe the Deity do so because:
"those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God."
We aren't "led" to this belief because of our fantastical ability to comprehend or logically which is the downfall of so many from the anti-Deity crowd.

Last edited by twin.spin; 08-26-2013 at 02:31 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2013, 02:04 PM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
None of the above actually say the following:

Why keep posting passages "that seem to to indirectly imply in a round about way, but only if you presume that the Trinity one-substance doctrine is true before you actually read them."

If there is a passage or combination of passages that teaches "one in substance" and teaches it in a way that we cannot possibly mistake the intended meaning, please post it.

The Nicene/Athanasian Trinity does what it was designed to do. It stands on the razor's edge divide between strict monotheism and tritheism, while refusing to stand on either side. It tries to be both and neither. But it is not Biblical at all. If it was, we would see a passage explicitly say, "God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit are three separate persons, but they are one in substance." No such passage exists. If it did, there would be no debate on the issue.
Because of the way you edited your reply in post #47, much of what you said does not appear here. Readers will have to refer to post #47 to see all your comments.

You fail to recognize that Scripture must be compared with Scripture in order to arrive at doctrinal conclusions.

You have been shown elsewhere that Hebrews 1:3 states that Jesus is the same nature (substance as the Father). In fact I just explained it to you again in post #31 of the thread //www.city-data.com/forum/chris...e-its-not.html

Is the following comment truly what you took what I said to mean? >>>'So you're saying that Adam and Eve are God the Father and God the Son?' No, that is not what I am saying. The word 'Echad' is used of Adam and Eve with reference to the fact that they are a united one. The same word 'Echad' is used in Deut. 6:4 and indicates a united one with reference to the Persons of the Godhead.

Acts 5:3 compared with Acts 5:4 shows that the Holy Spirit is God.

What I said about the Holy Spirit in post #43 was not to address the issue of 'one substance' which you are hung up on, as post #43 was not even addressed to you. What the verses show is that the Holy Spirit is God, and that He is a Person of the Trinity, distinct from the Father and from the Son in terms of His Personhood. (But not in term of His essence.)

Refer to post #31 in the thread //www.city-data.com/forum/chris...e-its-not.html where I just explained Hebrews 1:3 more clearly to you.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
What difference does it make whether one believes in the trinity or not. Is it not sufficient to believe in God the Father, his Son, and have the Holy Spirit. If we have the Holy Spirit within, does this mean we are part of the trinity? Will the arguments go on for infinity?
What difference does it make ? .... it's because there is only one true faith which is founded on the true God, and the true God is the Deity ... aka Triune God.

Will the arguments go on for infinity?
  1. No.... We are witnessing to the truth
    • the opposition is arguing against the truth
  2. No ... one day those who argue against the truth will get their wish and see the proof that they so vehemently argue against

Last edited by twin.spin; 08-26-2013 at 02:48 PM..

Old 08-26-2013, 02:48 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,030,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
What difference does it make whether one believes in the trinity or not. Is it not sufficient to believe in God the Father, his Son, and have the Holy Spirit. If we have the Holy Spirit within, does this mean we are part of the trinity? Will the arguments go on for infinity?
It is at the core of the Truth. It shows that someone doesn't know what the Holy Spirit is if they refer to it as another person.

Old 08-26-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
I do not disagree that most of Jews reject the truth today.. as they did 2000 years ago ... as most did since Moses.

I did not expect when doing this OP that folks like yourself and other hardened individuals were to miraculously turn about from their unbelief and using other so-called experts.

What this shows is those who have come to understand and believe the Deity do so because:
"those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God."
We aren't "led" to this belief because of our fantastical ability to comprehend or logically which is the downfall of so many from the anti-Deity crowd.
I quoted Irenaeus. Do you reject his expertise on the matter?

Old 08-26-2013, 03:23 PM

Quote:
I quoted Irenaeus. Do you reject his expertise on the matter?
You mean the same Irenaeus who is quoted in the new Catholic catechism, who said about Mary:
As St. Irenaeus says, "Being obedient she became the cause of salvation for herself and the whole human race" (Par. 494).
yes ... and I do not find it unusual that that folks like yourself and other hardened individuals happen to quote others who happen to reject other Biblical truths.

Birds of the same feather do fly together ..... so it seems.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
You mean the same Irenaeus who is quoted in the new Catholic catechism, who said about Mary:
As St. Irenaeus says, "Being obedient she became the cause of salvation for herself and the whole human race" (Par. 494).
yes ... and I do not find it unusual that that folks like yourself and other hardened individuals happen to quote others who happen to reject other Biblical truths.

Birds of the same feather do fly together it seems.
I don't know of another one.

Old 08-26-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
I don't know of another one.
Then that answers that about what I think his expertise

Old 08-26-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Then that answers that about what I think his expertise
Calvin used to quote him, so I thought you held possibly to Calvin's teachings.

Old 08-27-2013, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Calvin used to quote him, so I thought you held possibly to Calvin's teachings.
Understandable, but Calvin was not correct in few certain areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity