Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2013, 03:02 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
...snip...
What jjrose is not understanding and many others here is that we are all homosexuals. What I want jjrose and you and others to understand is that you are also a homosexual, your also a murderer, your also a child molester. Your all those things and until you can see that you don't know the power of Christ's victory over sin.
I think perhaps you aren't entirely well and should consider consulting a medical practitioner.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:02 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
So why couldn't you stop being gay? Is it because you never Thought that it could be a sin?
Uh, no it's because as has already been explained to you, you can't voluntarily choose your attractions.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:03 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Uh, no it's because as has already been explained to you, you can't voluntarily choose your attractions.
You can choose whom you have sex with, though.

And I will also point out that after being married to my wife for 16 years now I'm much more attracted to her and love her on a much deeper level than I ever thought possible. Yes--you can choose the person you want to love.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:04 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,774,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
The whole "you weren't really a Christian" meme.

You know nothing about the years I spent praying, and living a lie to be "straight". I'm not. No amount of praying, or being married for 10 years, changed that. So if your god didn't help me change for all of the years I prayed, and cried, and contemplated suicide because of the judgmental "Christians" around me, then your god is worth less than squat.

I am happy, and healthy now. I have 3 wonderful children ( all straight) and a wonderful supportive group of friends. I have no need of your type of god, or your type of "Christians". It is people like you and other "Christians" who judge me for the way I am that drove me away from religion.
Sorry you went through such a rough time JJ. I know exactly how you feel, went through the same thing. And while I haven't completely stopped being religious, I was born and raised Jewish and somewhat converted making me a bit unique compared to your typical religious person.

But I agree, the ignorant gay haters as demonstrated on this thread make me not only want nothing to do with Christianity, it makes me despise large chunks of the human species.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:05 PM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrhockney View Post
And what I'm trying to tell you is that there is a good chance your wrong to label it as a sin and you and most of Christianity are causing pain and suffering in the process. We need to be more careful about what we call a sin. Where there is no sin, there is no transgression. Where there is pain and suffering, there is likely sin.
It is a sin. We have been over this. Even King David acknowledged that his heterosexual conception was LUST. Additionally, if someone is offended that they are called a sinner then here is a new understanding they might not realize but they were born sinners before they ever had attraction to any sex. So all of this talk of being offended that they are called sinners, is just a lack of understanding God's Word. They were sinners as soon as they were born. Here is something to do, if they are offended that it is a sin then seek Christ, who can rescue them from their sins.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:07 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,177,253 times
Quote:
the problem is that sitting in the puddle of our sins and asking the Lord to look away doesn't get you out of the puddle.
Who is asking the Lord to look away?

He CREATED gay people.

Oh, and please let us know when war and violence has you shaking your finger at everyone. Let us know when you deplore Christians buying guns so they can shoot the guy who broke in to steal their big screen.

It's always the gays that brings out the Bible quotes and the preaching.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
The Bible is not the Word of God. You are turning the Bible into an idol, which is a very serious sin. And the Bible was not written in English. Homosexuality is not mentioned in Hebrew or Greek. You have been taught lies.
The Word of God is what inspired the Bible(s). Homosexuality is mentioned in both.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:08 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Just because you can show me verses can you be prophetic about what they mean. For example, did you know the Rich man is a reference to the High Priest at that time who actually did have 5 brothers. And the poor man is a reference to Lazarus of whom Jesus rose from the dead. Lazarus was a leper. Did you know that?

Regarding Judging. Do you believe the scripture say not to Judge? Or day they actually say to Judge AFTER you have Judged yourself?

Mat 7:3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
Mat 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

Notice it says pull out the mote out of your own eye, then you can pull it out of your brother's eye.

That is showing that the Bible doesn't say don't judge. It is showing that judgement must be righteous judgement.
It also says judge not, lest ye be judged. For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

Why did you leave that part out?
Unless you are perfect, don't judge my "imperfections" or you will be judged by the same standards you are holding me to.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:09 PM

Quote:
You can and will. And in the future you already have.

Old 08-28-2013, 03:11 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,207,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
You can choose whom you have sex with, though.

And I will also point out that after being married to my wife for 16 years now I'm much more attracted to her and love her on a much deeper level than I ever thought possible. Yes--you can choose the person you want to love.
So I should be celibate for my entire life? Or should I enter another sham marriage and lie to a man?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity