Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2013, 06:04 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
I do not fear God because God is not petty. Furthermore, God loves homosexuals as much as he loves heterosexuals. You are stuck in medieval times, check out my thread on the subject.

I go even further and say that it is anti-christian to be against homosexuality. Gay people do not choose to be gay.
You can go on with whatever ... either I'm delusional or you are.

We'll see just whom it is that God sends the delusion to ... as Paul says:
For this reason God sends them a powerful delusion so that they will believe the lie and so that all
will be condemned who have not believed the truth but have delighted in wickedness.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:13 PM

198 posts, read 262,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
Moderator cut: Orphaned response I'm still waiting on biblical proof.

Last edited by june 7th; 08-27-2013 at 07:20 AM..

Old 08-26-2013, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Do you use biblical texts to explain to your children that the Earth is flat and the sun revolves around it?
Assuming that I have kids, there's no need to biblically explain that. Everything I need to know about the creation and all thereof is already in the bible. Furthermore, the world being flat and sun revolving around it has nothing to do with my children's salvation. Sin does.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:46 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times

Old 08-26-2013, 06:51 PM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
Hmmm. 29 posts before the bigot/racist card was played. Not bad. Given this crowd, I would have guessed 10 or under.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Moderator cut: Orphaned
What is it that I'm blind to see? I have yet to read any scriptures anyone has provided that PROVES that God says it is OK. Where is the book, chapter, and verse of an example of a gay relationship in the Holy Bible? Until I read such proof, I will not believe it is something God smiles on. Period. You can have all the opinions and feelings in the world, but if your opinion is not in line with thus said the Lord, then I won't believe it. End of story.

Food for thought: If we are to strive to be like Christ, we should follow his examples. Of all the people he ministered to and, of all of his apostles who spent day and night with him.......I never hear of him approving of gay relationships. You can believe Paul was a closet gay all you want, but that is theory, and cannot be proven.

Last edited by june 7th; 08-28-2013 at 05:03 AM..

Old 08-26-2013, 07:12 PM

1,506 posts, read 1,379,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mszlady View Post
Hold on......while I appreciate the SARCASIM, you started off by saying here's proof........I'm still waiting on biblical proof.
I'll partially answer you since no one else will. Well, there no definitive proof that its ok in the bible (aside from maybe Jesus' discussion of eunuchs which was the possibly the closest thing to gay as they understood back then) just as there is no definitive roof that automobiles are ok (Bible folk: "RUN! its huge metallic beast from hell that smells like oil!" ) , but there can be alot of doubt thrown upon the meaning of the "gay bash" verses in the bible as far as how they apply to todays idea of homosexuality by investigaing certain greek and hebrew words in those verses and knowing cultural context they came out of. Feel free to drop any verses of these verses and I'll try to remember the counter and respond if I have time lol. Jaymax and several others here are much better at that than I am since I'm only partially convinced of the leftwing arguments on this, but these arguments combined with what we currently know from science on this issue may turn out to be alot more compelling than you orginally thought. I'm out of time for the moment but I'll try to keep an eye out.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:16 PM

28,091 posts, read 29,952,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
Do we choose our Orientation?
I don't believe we do.
Quote:
Can it be changed?
I don't believe it can.
Quote:
Does it change?
I don't know, but if it does, I don't believe it's within our control.

Quote:
Is homosexuality a sin under the New Covenant?
I don't believe sexual orientation of any kind to be a sin. Acting on it may be, but if it is, I'm willing to leave the punishment up to God. I could care less what consenting adults do in the privacy of their own bedrooms.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:17 PM

33,536 posts, read 37,132,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
Hmmm. 29 posts before the bigot/racist card was played. Not bad. Given this crowd, I would have guessed 10 or under.
Do you have a guilty conscience? I called nobody a bigot....

Old 08-26-2013, 07:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mszlady View Post
you started off by saying here's proof........
The post itself was the proof.

No one would choose to be gay knowing being gay meant dealing with the beliefs and attitudes of religious fundamentalists. Unless they were a masochist which is an entirely different subject.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity