Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2016, 02:58 PM

63,798 posts, read 40,068,856 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Thanks guys. But Twin, if this ^^^ pertains to what you were saying, perhaps you'll take note that my post you responded to was not a defense of homosexuality (and, of course, it was not a condemnation of it either), but a simple statement about sexuality. Maat was saying that Geekie shouldn't call herself a lesbian because she is not sexually active, and my post was simply a response to that: Sexuality is not just about a physical act. It seemed that you agreed with that statement, but maybe I misunderstood? How about you just explain what, if anything, is your disagreement or issue with my post, okay?
And Maat, to further the point I was making... from my earliest memories I had crushes on boys, always. Never on girls. When I was 5, 6, 7 I was never thinking about having sex with boys, of course! I just crushed on them. Even as I got older, when I had crushes (always on boys) it was with the idea that I wanted them to notice me, to ask me out, to like me, hold my hand, hold me, love me, maybe even kiss me. That's as far as my fantasies went. Would you say that mini me couldn't have identified as heterosexual simply because I didn't fantasize about the physical act of sex with the guys I crushed on?
In any normal and reasonable world where reason and rationality reigned, this post would completely eliminate the fundamentalist obsession with homosexuality. It is a spiritual attraction that embodies the "romantic" attraction, NOT the lust for a carnal act. That is carnal-minded ignorance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2016, 03:03 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pleroo View Post
you have not even attempted to answer the question. Could it be that you don't even know what makes it either moral or immoral for a single heterosexual person to be attracted to someone of the opposite sex? You just want to pass judgment on people whenever it suits you, perhaps?
bingo!

Old 10-01-2016, 03:35 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:
You have not even attempted to answer the question. Could it be that you don't even KNOW what makes it either moral or immoral for a single heterosexual person to be attracted to someone of the opposite sex? You just want to pass judgment on people whenever it suits you, perhaps?
You who wants from me:
an answer in the context Jesus was speaking and in light of other scripture ~ Pleroo
yet elsewhere you:
I do not accept the bible nor the words attributed to Jesus nor Martin Luther, nor you, as an authority. ~ Pleroo
Oh the tangled web you woven ... but don't worry others are cheering you on ( or playing bingo).

Old 10-01-2016, 03:43 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
You who wants from me:
an answer in the context Jesus was speaking and in light of other scripture ~ Pleroo
yet elsewhere you:
I do not accept the bible nor the words attributed to Jesus nor Martin Luther, nor you, as an authority. ~ Pleroo
Oh the tangled web you woven ... but don't worry others are cheering you on ( or playing bingo).
Such silly games you play, Twin. YOU are the one that wants everyone to kowtow to your understanding of the bible, but when asked a straightforward question about how it informs your understanding of what is moral and what is immoral, you refuse to answer.

I'd say it is because you don't know the answer to the question, and you're just making it up as you go along.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:09 PM

2,186 posts, read 1,171,403 times
Quote:
It sounds reasonable to say that I couldn't have identified as heterosexual?
That you do not have to be sexual to have a specific orientation.

Old 10-01-2016, 04:11 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Such silly games you play, Twin. YOU are the one that wants everyone to kowtow to your understanding of the bible, but when asked a straightforward question about how it informs your understanding of what is moral and what is immoral, you refuse to answer.

I'd say it is because you don't know the answer to the question, and you're just making it up as you go along.
Another Bingo!

Old 10-01-2016, 04:24 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
That you do not have to be sexual to have a specific orientation.
Thanks for clarifying.

Old 10-01-2016, 07:41 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Hmmm...I've had sex with several women over the decades, before, after, and in between marriages.(I'm a serial monogamist.) I've experimented (sometimes often!) with various sexual practices that good Christian fundamentalists only dream about (or search online to watch and experience vicariously).

So...

Sexual immorality - check
Impurity - check
Sensuality - quadruple check
Idolatry - I talk to the moon quite a bit and have told her I love her, so...check.
Sorcery - I consult Tarot cards sometimes and burn incense quite often - check
Enmity - I combat fundamentalism whenever it crawls out from under its rock - check
Strife - See above - check
Jealousy - Nope
Fits of anger - Nope
Rivalries - Those who dare oppose me in Cribbage - check
Dissensions - See Enmity and Strife - check
Divisions - Ditto - check
Envy - Nope
Drunkenness - Does tipsy count? - Check

Let's see what my score is....11 out of 14! That's pretty good!
Shall you and I walk now?

Tell you secret.
I thought punch drunk love was hillarious.

Old 10-01-2016, 07:49 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,917,131 times
Quote:

Basically, I think he just does not want to admit that he made a mistake equating "romantically attracted" with "lust." Understandable, it's how he rolls.

Old 10-01-2016, 11:47 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,490,212 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Basically, I think he just does not want to admit that he made a mistake equating "romantically attracted" with "lust." Understandable, it's how he rolls.
Hardly, it's been established the Biblical context between equating "romantically attracted" with "lust." which determines what is immoral or moral.

Therefore I am just letting everyone who cares see for themselves what we've know quite awhile about the so-called love crowd during one of your rancor meltdowns.

Blessings,
Adios Amigos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity