Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is this prophecy in action?
Sure sign of prophecy coming to pass 2 66.67%
Just a false alarm 1 33.33%
Voters: 3. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 11:27 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,509 times

Advertisements

Any opinions on this and how it relates to current and perhaps near-future headlines?

The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
2 The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid.

Last edited by Patton360; 08-28-2013 at 11:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 04:32 PM

794 posts, read 846,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patton360 View Post
Any opinions on this and how it relates to current and perhaps near-future headlines?

The burden of Damascus. Behold, Damascus is taken away from being a city, and it shall be a ruinous heap.
2 The cities of Aroer are forsaken: they shall be for flocks, which shall lie down, and none shall make them afraid.
It certainly does look like it. At this point if anything more happens to Damascus it will be a ruin.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:23 PM

Not many comments on this. Interesting.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:58 PM

794 posts, read 846,222 times
Quote:
Not many comments on this. Interesting.
Because everyone is distracted these days. On the other hand I have noticed many believers really aren't interested in bible prophecies and world events that could be linked to them. No one wants these kind of things to happen, so they don't look for it to happen. Even though it is on the news 24/7 for days now it can pass right through people's eyes and yet they still don't care. I've been seeing more people walking into trees lately. Those darn smart phones.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by romans519 View Post
Because everyone is distracted these days. On the other hand I have noticed many believers really aren't interested in bible prophecies and world events that could be linked to them. No one wants these kind of things to happen, so they don't look for it to happen. Even though it is on the news 24/7 for days now it can pass right through people's eyes and yet they still don't care. I've been seeing more people walking into trees lately. Those darn smart phones.
Indeed. What a state of affairs.

Old 08-30-2013, 12:18 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,180,832 times
I have never been a fan of reading with the Bible in one hand and the newspaper in the other.

I honestly dont know what God is going to do here.

Old 08-30-2013, 05:42 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
I have never been a fan of reading with the Bible in one hand and the newspaper in the other.

I honestly dont know what God is going to do here.
Agreed. This all may have something to do with Isaiah 17. Then again, it may have nothing to do with Isaiah 17. I've always taken the Assyrian conquest -- in which both Damascus and Samaria were razed -- as the fulfillment of that prophecy. This chapter mentions catastrophe that would simultaneously befall the Kingdom of Syria, the Kingdom of Israel and all of Jacob (Israel) -- so the Kingdom of Judah would be affected as well. All of that fits with the Assyrian conquests in the 700's BC.

I still remember the first Gulf War. Tons of people were making all kinds of noise about "Armageddon is here" and so on. Odds are this scenario does not lead us to Armageddon either. I think far too many people lose their minds and start jumping at shadows of prophecies whenever anything happens that is somewhat close to Megiddo or any other geographical location mentioned in Biblical prophecy. This time around, it's Damascus.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Agreed. This all may have something to do with Isaiah 17. Then again, it may have nothing to do with Isaiah 17. I've always taken the Assyrian conquest -- in which both Damascus and Samaria were razed -- as the fulfillment of that prophecy. This chapter mentions catastrophe that would simultaneously befall the Kingdom of Syria, the Kingdom of Israel and all of Jacob (Israel) -- so the Kingdom of Judah would be affected as well. All of that fits with the Assyrian conquests in the 700's BC.

I still remember the first Gulf War. Tons of people were making all kinds of noise about "Armageddon is here" and so on. Odds are this scenario does not lead us to Armageddon either. I think far too many people lose their minds and start jumping at shadows of prophecies whenever anything happens that is somewhat close to Megiddo or any other geographical location mentioned in Biblical prophecy. This time around, it's Damascus.
I simply asked for opinions on the current events in Syria with relation to this Bible section. I didn't ask for snark about the first Gulf War and Christians allegedly losing their minds.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:24 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,729,827 times
Quote:
I simply asked for opinions on the current events in Syria with relation to this Bible section. I didn't ask for snark about the first Gulf War and Christians allegedly losing their minds.
Fair enough, just change my vote to "no comment" and we'll leave it at that.

Old 08-31-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Fair enough, just change my vote to "no comment" and we'll leave it at that.
No, your first paragraph was valid. You went a little overboard in the second.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity