Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 07:46 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
what must we do to maintain our salvation? Can you give me a list of things that we must do, or things that we can't do?
Vizio - you are asking a den of vipers how to "keep" or "earn" God's love. What sort of answer do you expect?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 08:53 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,388,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
zzzzzzzzzzz............ Snooze fest going on here I see. If I was forced to go to church, I'd be insane by now.

Sorry, Heartsong, you lost me. Is it something I said that's putting you to sleep?

Old 08-29-2013, 09:05 PM

8,170 posts, read 6,922,456 times
Quote:
Suicide is not the unforgivable sin. The unforgivable sin is to step out of this world without trusting Christ.

Vizio, you should sit down and ponder what you just wrote.
Read it again and again.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:18 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Lilyflower, you are going to have to decide if you believe the Bible, or if you are going to believe and be misled by people who themselves do not believe the Bible.
Jesus never said anything about believing the bible. He said to BELIEVE IN GOD.
John 14
14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:08 PM

18,250 posts, read 16,914,052 times
[quote=mszlady;31191283]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post

eternal torment in a fiery hell is a "POLICY" invented by church leaders in collusion with political leaders way back in 500 AD to keep the ignorant unwashed masses in obedience to them.

What do you mean eternal torment in a fiery hell is a policy? Can you please point that scripture out to me?
Well, that's the problem, mzlady. There IS no definitive scripture that says you will burn forever in eternal torment for this or that. Back in 500 AD or so (though this "policy" was known as far back as the Greek leaders 1000 years before) the kings got together with the church leaders and said, "The people are unruly. They challenge us. They don't obey us. Isn't there something about hell and fire in the scriptures?" And the church leaders said, "Well, not really. There's something about a garbage dump in Israel called Gehenna that's always burning refuse 24/7 but that's a far cry from eternal burning." The kings countered, "But can't you rig something?" "The church leaders said, "I suppose we can devise a policy whereby we can make an edict that to go against laws you pass will bring eternal torment in a fiery place. There is a Germanic word called hel which is the abode of the dead. There's no fire. Actually it's icy freezing there." The kings said "That's not scary enough. Why don't you make it a fiery hot furnace where their skin burns off and their flesh chars black." The church leaders said, "Okay, we'll get right on it. We'll change hel to hell to make it more Anglo".

And that's how the church (and the rest of us poor slobs) got stuck with the "policy" of hell.

Anyone who really wants to know the truth about how hell was "invented" by the clergy, just goggle "hell is a lie". You will pull up so much evidence that hell is just an invention you'll be reading for a month.

Quote:
Saint Augustine: City of God
This seems to have been done on no other account, but as it was the business of princes, out of their wisdom and civil prudence, to deceive the people in their religion; princes, under the name of religion, persuaded the people to believe those things true, which they themselves knew to be fables; by this means, for their own ease in government, tying them the more closely to civil society.”
Basically what Augustine is saying is, "Princes and leaders devised hell to control people as a matter of civic policy."

If what Saint Augustine states is true then clearly the Christian hell is based on fables. Over 2 billion Christians believe in this hell….2 billion people fooled. Fear is a powerful tool, isn’t it?

Last edited by thrillobyte; 08-29-2013 at 10:22 PM.. Reason: addition

Old 08-29-2013, 10:18 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Suicide is not the unforgivable sin. The unforgivable sin is to step out of this world without trusting Christ.
Half right.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:25 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Lilyflower, you are going to have to decide if you believe the Bible, or if you are going to believe and be misled by people who themselves do not believe the Bible.
Anyone who believes in biblical inerrancy is grossly, grossly, misguided. At least.

Lilyflower, listen to your heart and then ask your mind if it makes sense morally, ethically. If your mind and heart are in agreement, and no one gets hurt, you cannot err.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:25 PM

2,158 posts, read 1,993,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F S View Post
If a person accepts Jesus Christ today on August 29th as that person's Savior, it does NOT mean that sins committed tomorrow are automatically forgiven.
The notion of OSAS is an idiotic notion that far too many Christians believe in. This is a doctrine that makes people think that they are equal to God, which is an antichristian idea.
If a person commits suicide, Jesus Christ will decide whether that person is worthy of going to Heaven or not. I will let Him decide that person's fate.
If a peson dies of a heart attack tomorrow, then Jesus Christ will determine if he is worthy of going to Heaven or not.
Back this up with Scripture. Jesus Christ died once for all sins, not once for some sins and not others. Timeframes are irrelevant. God is outside time.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
Shalom lilyflower!
Don`t be deceived and play with eternity! Suicide is not an unforgivable sin, but if God does not give a change to repent, it is murder and the bible says that is a sin to death. No entrance into Heaven. Sorry. God judges us according to His word.
I just read another testimony of a Baptist pastor, Placebo by Howard Pittmann, who died and was before the throne of God. He served 35 years the Lord, but his selfish life God was not pleased with and he hardly escaped God`s eternal wrath, but he testifies that a christian can go to hell. I experienced the same, believing in OSAS I did not confessed my sins to the Lord and went to hell. Every Christian that was shown in hell said "Lord now I repent", but it was too late. I am sure many believed in OSAS, but this is a lie from the pit of hell.

How did he get back?

The Bible says that it's appointed unto man once to die and then the judgement. Not multiple times.

Old 08-29-2013, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Jesus never said anything about believing the bible. He said to BELIEVE IN GOD.
John 14
14 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

If we shouldn't believe the Bible, why are you quoting it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity