Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 11:44 PM

39,224 posts, read 27,597,823 times

Advertisements

well, I have always been told Christians affirm that at conversion God forgives all our sins- past, present and future, once and for all. This suggests we need not be as troubled over whether our loved one has asked for forgiveness for all their sins before the suicide. Christian salvation is not dependent on whether a person was able to wipe the slate clean at the moment of death, but rather whether the person was walking in relationship with God in life.

Am I wrong about this?

Also, many Christians throughout church history have considered suicide an unforgivable sin because it allows no possibility of repentance. But virtually all deaths occur without whoelly cleansed consciences. If someone dies from a sudden heart attack, chances are that person died without asking for forgiveness for any number of sins.

So how a suicide death be any different from a sudden death, e.g. a car accident, a sudden heart attack, etc, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 01:10 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
well, I have always been told Christians affirm that at conversion God forgives all our sins- past, present and future, once and for all. This suggests we need not be as troubled over whether our loved one has asked for forgiveness for all their sins before the suicide. Christian salvation is not dependent on whether a person was able to wipe the slate clean at the moment of death, but rather whether the person was walking in relationship with God in life.

Am I wrong about this?

Also, many Christians throughout church history have considered suicide an unforgivable sin because it allows no possibility of repentance. But virtually all deaths occur without whoelly cleansed consciences. If someone dies from a sudden heart attack, chances are that person died without asking for forgiveness for any number of sins.

So how a suicide death be any different from a sudden death, e.g. a car accident, a sudden heart attack, etc, etc.
Hi Lilyflower. Many Christians don't understand, or accept the reality of the believer's eternal security. But the Bible teaches that eternal salvation is by grace, through faith, and not by works (Ephesians 2:8-9). And Jesus said on the Cross after all sin in the human race had been judged, 'Tetelestai' - 'it is finished.' But it is better translated as 'it has been accomplished' (John 19:30). Every sin in the history of the human race, past, present, and future, had been poured out on Christ and judged. Since all sin was judged at the cross (Romans 8:3), God is able to forgive the sins of the unbeliever at the moment of salvation (Acts 10:43). The moment you simply place your faith in Christ you are eternally saved. And God is able to forgive the sins the believer commits after salvation when he simply names the sins he commits to God (1 John 1:9). When the believer names his known sins, his unknown and forgotten sins are forgiven as well.

The judicial punishment of sin was done at the cross. The forgiveness of sins is a relational matter. When the believer sins, it puts him out of fellowship with God and under the control of his old sin nature, but it does not jeopardize his salvation. If a believer dies with unforgiven sin because he did not acknowledge or name the sin to God, he is still eternally saved. While the believer can be disciplined for sin, he is disciplined as a son (Hebrews 12:5-11).

If a believer in the Lord Jesus Christ commits suicide, he does not lose his salvation, but goes to heaven.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:06 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,046,830 times
If a person accepts Jesus Christ today on August 29th as that person's Savior, it does NOT mean that sins committed tomorrow are automatically forgiven.
The notion of OSAS is an idiotic notion that far too many Christians believe in. This is a doctrine that makes people think that they are equal to God, which is an antichristian idea.
If a person commits suicide, Jesus Christ will decide whether that person is worthy of going to Heaven or not. I will let Him decide that person's fate.
If a peson dies of a heart attack tomorrow, then Jesus Christ will determine if he is worthy of going to Heaven or not.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:47 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,915,269 times
Suicide is not a heart attack. Suicide, by Christians, has historically been considered an act of defiance and rebellion against God. The Bible says that "the Lord Gives and the Lord takes away". God has given us our life, and given us a new birth in Jesus Christ and now the life we live in and for God. "You are not your own, you were bought with a price, therefore honor God with your body." So if someone commits suicide, its considered rebellion against God's order and authority, just like ending someone else's life. as in murder or abortion.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:02 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 830,890 times
Shalom lilyflower!
Don`t be deceived and play with eternity! Suicide is not an unforgivable sin, but if God does not give a change to repent, it is murder and the bible says that is a sin to death. No entrance into Heaven. Sorry. God judges us according to His word.
I just read another testimony of a Baptist pastor, Placebo by Howard Pittmann, who died and was before the throne of God. He served 35 years the Lord, but his selfish life God was not pleased with and he hardly escaped God`s eternal wrath, but he testifies that a christian can go to hell. I experienced the same, believing in OSAS I did not confessed my sins to the Lord and went to hell. Every Christian that was shown in hell said "Lord now I repent", but it was too late. I am sure many believed in OSAS, but this is a lie from the pit of hell.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:58 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zur View Post
Shalom lilyflower!
Don`t be deceived and play with eternity! Suicide is not an unforgivable sin, but if God does not give a change to repent, it is murder and the bible says that is a sin to death. No entrance into Heaven. Sorry. God judges us according to His word.
I just read another testimony of a Baptist pastor, Placebo by Howard Pittmann, who died and was before the throne of God. He served 35 years the Lord, but his selfish life God was not pleased with and he hardly escaped God`s eternal wrath, but he testifies that a christian can go to hell. I experienced the same, believing in OSAS I did not confessed my sins to the Lord and went to hell. Every Christian that was shown in hell said "Lord now I repent", but it was too late. I am sure many believed in OSAS, but this is a lie from the pit of hell.
You went to hell and once you're there it's "too late". And yet, here you are, not in hell. Is that just a temporary reprieve and when you die you're headed back to hell? Or are you just a special case where "too late" isn't really too late?

Old 08-29-2013, 08:53 AM

670 posts, read 815,252 times
Do not listen to the people who believe "Once Saved Always Saved."

It does not work like that.

Faith without works is dead.

Any tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

How can you live to bear good fruit if your final act is one of hate. Of Self-Hate.

Rather your life should be filled with acts of Love and Kindness.

Live a long life and don't listen to any one who preaches YOLO.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:05 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post

Am I wrong about this?

Suicide is not the unforgivable sin. The unforgivable sin is to step out of this world without trusting Christ.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:07 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,189,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azrael17 View Post
Do not listen to the people who believe "Once Saved Always Saved."

It does not work like that.

Faith without works is dead.

Any tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire.

How can you live to bear good fruit if your final act is one of hate. Of Self-Hate.

Rather your life should be filled with acts of Love and Kindness.

Live a long life and don't listen to any one who preaches YOLO.
what must we do to maintain our salvation? Can you give me a list of things that we must do, or things that we can't do?

Old 08-29-2013, 09:18 AM

18,250 posts, read 16,917,013 times
Try this one, Lily.

Everything you've been reading here so far is pure religious dogma---"POLICY" put in place by 'holy" men (who were anything but holy) over the centuries who were more interested in controlling people with fear than they were saving their souls. Even today men in high positions of power threaten their church members with eternal torment in hell if they don't follow the "narrow path" that ultimately leads to the front door of their bank.

Suicide is not a good thing, in fact it is a terrible thing but nothing condemns a person to hell for eternity. Again reads these words carefully: eternal torment in a fiery hell is a "POLICY" invented by church leaders in collusion with political leaders way back in 500 AD to keep the ignorant unwashed masses in obedience to them.

Please read this short page. It will assure you that suicide is not a one-way ticket to hell, though it is greatly discouraged and creates serious problems for the spirit apart from punishment in hell, because it is, after all, murder.

Suicide and Near-Death Experiences | Will I Go To Hell | Right to Die | End of Life | Physician Assisted Euthanasia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity