Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:51 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,031,633 times

Advertisements

Should Christians be having sex beyond the purpose of procreation?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 09:01 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Yes.

So should people of other affiliations - such as Jews, Sikhs, gays and Shriners.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:04 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
Of course. Why not? Assuming that they are married to each other, then they are free to do so--and expected to do so.

1 Cor 7:5 "Do not deprive one another, except perhaps by agreement for a limited time, that you may devote yourselves to prayer; but then come together again, so that Satan may not tempt you because of your lack of self-control."

Old 08-29-2013, 09:22 AM

12,030 posts, read 9,342,394 times
Quote:
Yes, as long as the sexual act is performed in the prescribed position by the given religion.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:30 AM

2,167 posts, read 3,133,606 times
And as long as they are "open" to conception.

"Open" does not mean that you are actually trying to have a baby. Just that you are not putting any restrictions on conception (artificial birth control.) You should always be "open" to accepting the creation of a new life. Even if you are physically unable to conceive.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:35 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,192,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iam4USC View Post
And as long as they are "open" to conception.

"Open" does not mean that you are actually trying to have a baby. Just that you are not putting any restrictions on conception (artificial birth control.) You should always be "open" to accepting the creation of a new life. Even if you are physically unable to conceive.
Got a verse for that?

Old 08-29-2013, 09:52 AM

3,201 posts, read 4,410,406 times
sex has nothing to do with religion

it's a biological function/need

procreation is a side effect, not the primary reason sex is had

---

religion brings up sex and ties it in to the doctrine

biologically, a human male and female is what is needed to procreate

side effect as some dont like the result... then you get things like abortions and whatnot

Old 08-29-2013, 10:09 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,281,720 times
Well vizio just shocked me :-O.

Old 08-29-2013, 11:11 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,379,980 times
Well at least this time an actual thread was started on this topic, lol. I think you'll find that most people like on the orientation thread will not be approaching this from an old school catholic mindset. Most Christians these days consider sex gift from God to be enjoyed and to help keep marriages healthy. Not everyone wants children and for some its just not practical yet. The idea that these people need to obtain from a basic human need like a bunch of a ascetic monks is archaic and very highly scripturally questionable. I don't have much free time today so Ill mostly just watch when I can for now. Its too bad they closed the orientation thread when they did. I had a great post to tie my points together and the closed it just as I pressed submit reply and lost it..DOH! lol

Old 08-29-2013, 11:48 AM

670 posts, read 815,365 times
Quote:
Not if the only heartless cold reason is to make babies and no other reason.
I don't care if me and her where the only people on Earth if she has an ugly personality I would rather go extinct.

I would have to be in love with her. I wouldn't mate just to make babies.
I refuse to have sex outside of a long lasting relationship with strong emotional bonds.

In my thread several people said it was only for procreation, such a cold heartless concept.

Sex should only be done with love and not out of lust.
Two people regardless of gender should have taken the time to get to know each other,
To see if there feelings are love or lust. If the relationship forms strong emotional bonds and last a long time then they are ready to marry and have sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity