Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2013, 01:10 AM

431 posts, read 474,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
How about just going with what Scripture says?
only if its suits there ideology . if not the words are either ignored or said to have been misinterpreted
EITHER WAY A PERSON CANT WIN SO WHY BOTHER ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2013, 01:13 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,016,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnA151 View Post
only if its suits there ideology . if not the words are either ignored or said to have been misinterpreted
EITHER WAY YOU CANT WIN SO WHY BOTHER ?
You say that as if you agree with all the other factions of Christianity who use the same bible as you. What a ridiculous notion. What you are in essence saying is that if people do not agree with your interpretation of the scriptures, they are not allowed to quote from them. Think about it.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:01 AM
Zur

949 posts, read 830,797 times
I think every one agrees that born again or born from above is a sovereign act of God. The bible says that Faith on Christ is necessary. But when someone is born again and has this faith how can a human know, that he is born again? The OP and also I knew that something wonderful happened. But is an honest prayer (sinners prayer) necessary? I do not think so, the criminal beside Jesus at the cross was saved and born again with faith in Christ only. A sinners prayer may help to be born again, but it is not necessary, it would be adding a work and exclude some Catholics or Lutheran, who believe, but have never prayed it. And because innocent children who have not sinned are going to heaven, there are exceptions from the rule. God is sovereign. But being born again is the beginning of a process we call faith in Christ and salvation, it is not eternal security. They that God predestined have this security, but nobody knows, who will make it, only God. When we die we have to be in Jesus. And Jesus said, remain in me, that means we can leave Him by unfaithfulness. Therefore we have to bring forth fruit after we are born again to be predestined, otherwise the tree will be cut off or the branch will be cut off or the chaff will be burned. After being born again the bible teaches clearly that we have to work, change our mind, crucify our sinful flesh, be baptized, pray, become disciples, follow Christ, being over-comers. The bible says that we have to be over-comers to have eternal life. Only Jesus Christ in us is the security for eternal life if we yield to the Spirit and not to our sinful flesh.

Old 09-01-2013, 07:50 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
You say that as if you agree with all the other factions of Christianity who use the same bible as you. What a ridiculous notion. What you are in essence saying is that if people do not agree with your interpretation of the scriptures, they are not allowed to quote from them. Think about it.
What if he's right? Then everyone else really IS wrong. If you ignore scripture, how would you know?

Old 09-01-2013, 09:16 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,460,887 times
What if the mention of being born again is directed to the Jew only. He mentioned born again to nicodemus in secret. What if the born again has to be the nation of the Jews. What if born again takes place in the future not the moment a person prays a prayer? Many things that Jesus speaks of are difficult. We take everything he said and want to apply it to us. Is it possible that somethings he said are not specifically to us. Just food for thought.

Old 09-01-2013, 10:50 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,187,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post
What if the mention of being born again is directed to the Jew only. He mentioned born again to nicodemus in secret. What if the born again has to be the nation of the Jews. What if born again takes place in the future not the moment a person prays a prayer? Many things that Jesus speaks of are difficult. We take everything he said and want to apply it to us. Is it possible that somethings he said are not specifically to us. Just food for thought.
Johns Gospel is largely written to Gentiles...he included it in his Gospel for a reason. Throughout the Gospel we see the clueless Jews not understanding.

Old 09-01-2013, 11:50 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,130 times
Quote:
Sorry....I will side with Paul over you.
So you cast aside what God said about Noah Daniel and Job saying they were righteous. And hang on to Paul a sinner who could not know the Lord because God does not hear sinners.

Scripture says; "The Lord hears the prayer of the righteous but He is far from the wicked."

Old 09-01-2013, 11:52 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,785,130 times
Quote:
Are you perfect and righteous?
Yes, I do nothing on my own I only say what the Lord has taught me.

Old 09-01-2013, 12:24 PM

33,228 posts, read 26,434,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torpedos View Post

1 Peter 1:23 for you have been born again (anagennaó; Present Tense) not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God.
HELP'S Word-studies

313 anagennáō (from 303 /aná, "up, again," which intensifies 1080 /gennáō, "give birth") – properly, born-again or "born from on high."

313 /anagennáō ("born again, from above") is used twice in the NT (1 Pet 1:3,23) – both times referring to God regenerating a believer (giving a supernatural, new birth). Strong's Greek: 313. ????????? (anagennaó) -- to beget again
According to Scripture a person is born again the moment be believes on Christ. It's present tense.

Old 09-01-2013, 01:04 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,026,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Yes, I do nothing on my own I only say what the Lord has taught me.

Which Lord?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity