Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2013, 08:14 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Living a life of belief that you are separated from God is sin and death, the realization you are one with God Is age enduring .
And what is death?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2013, 08:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
And what is death?
A life of not knowing God through believing you are seperated from him.

and this is the life age-during, that they may know You the only true God, and him whom You did send -- Jesus Christ;

Old 09-08-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
A life of not knowing God through believing you are seperated from him.

and this is the life age-during, that they may know You the only true God, and him whom You did send -- Jesus Christ;
What happens at the end of a life like that?

Old 09-08-2013, 08:32 PM

Quote:
What happens at the end of a life like that?
There is no end in God.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:36 PM

Quote:
There is no end in God.
OK, what happens at death, to a person like that?

Old 09-08-2013, 08:52 PM

Quote:
OK, what happens at death, to a person like that?
Passing fom this life is not the end.

I have no time for Christanity that discounts what God did, and glorifies what man did. Not only that, you have come nowhere near close to explaining scripturally what being lost is, you keep stating lost as being seperated from God,where is this taught in the scripture?.. If someone is lost they have lost their way and forgotten how to get back to where they desired to return.

For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Passing fom this life is not the end.

I have no time for Christanity that discounts what God did, and glorifies what man did. Not only that, you have come nowhere near close to explaining scripturally what being lost is, you keep stating lost as being seperated from God,where is this taught in the scripture?.. If someone is lost they have lost their way and forgotten how to get back to where they desired to return.

For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his blood, shed on the cross.
It's interesting you can't/won't answer my question. No matter...

I'm not discounting what God did. After all, I'm a recipient of God's grace. As far as what man did, it's important for us to understand our sin, and what it did to our relationship to God. That's the first step to salvation. Remember the episode with Nicodemus?

You claim lost people have a desire to return to God. Really? Go over to the Atheist board and ask them that. They're running away from God!

Finally, I believe Romans 6:23 is clear that sin leads to spiritual death. John 3:16 says the same thing, using the word perish. Other verses that confirm that are:

Isaiah 59:2

2 Your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God.

John 3
36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

Romans 3

23 All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Old 09-08-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
It's interesting you can't/won't answer my question. No matter...

I'm not discounting what God did. After all, I'm a recipient of God's grace. As far as what man did, it's important for us to understand our sin, and what it did to our relationship to God. That's the first step to salvation. Remember the episode with Nicodemus?

You claim lost people have a desire to return to God. Really? Go over to the Atheist board and ask them that. They're running away from God!

Finally, I believe Romans 6:23 is clear that sin leads to spiritual death. John 3:16 says the same thing, using the word perish. Other verses that confirm that are:

Isaiah 59:2

2 Your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God.

John 3
36 "He who believes in the Son has eternal life; but he who does not obey the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God abides on him.”

Romans 3

23 All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
Jimmie, I have answered your question, it simply wasn't what you wanted to hear due to your inability not to hear anything that is not tuned into to seperation from God.

You still have given no scriptural support for your belief that being lost is seperation from God. Was the prodigal seperated from his Father ?. Was the coin found in the field something other than coin before it was lost ?.

Old 09-08-2013, 11:33 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,357,412 times
"Having been led astray or through missing the way, they have become lost children."

Old 09-09-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Jimmie, I have answered your question, it simply wasn't what you wanted to hear due to your inability not to hear anything that is not tuned into to seperation from God.

You still have given no scriptural support for your belief that being lost is seperation from God. Was the prodigal seperated from his Father ?. Was the coin found in the field something other than coin before it was lost ?.
I gave you several examples. In 2 Cor. 5, Paul speaks of us being reconciled to God through Christ. The reason we had to be reconciled is because our sin had broken our relationship with God. See Genesis 3.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity