Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 09:06 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert bentham View Post
when i was in the service and you asked those guys what they did they usually said something like "maintenance"... here you are, all bragging about him on the internet and riding his coat tails... really? you oughta be ashamed of yourself... hope you haven't posted any info so personal you've jeopardized his safety or others with your bs bravado... little girl grow up!! good grief!!
My brother got out of the Marine Corps in year 2001. What is your point? Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 09-03-2013 at 01:50 AM.. Reason: Portions of posts that are rude of sarcastic will be deleted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2013, 09:42 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I think reading the bible its pretty clear they can; depending on circumstance.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:47 PM

12 posts, read 13,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
I think reading the bible its pretty clear they can; depending on circumstance.
can what? kill? hmmm... which one of the ten commandments is though shall not kill again? and which sub heading was special circumstances under? cuz i didnt see any.... which circumstance do you as a human think it is okay to violate "God's law" for? and bring out some noble good ones while you're thinking about it....

Old 09-02-2013, 09:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Well if you hated Marine Corps so much, why did you even allow your son to service then?

Anyway, If you truly served, thank you for your service. If your son is servicing in Marine Corps, Thanks for his service.
uhm i did serve. i am a combat veteran. i was with the army for 12 yrs. i enlisted at age 16. my son is also a combat veteran. i didn't allow my son to service. he was a grown man. and like me does what his heart tells him, in spite of the number of times "one" realizes; its one step forward, two steps back.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
uhm i did serve. i am a combat veteran. i was with the army for 12 yrs. i enlisted at age 16. my son is also a combat veteran. i didn't allow my son to service. he was a grown man. and like me does what his heart tells him, in spite of the number of times "one" realizes; its one step forward, two steps back.
I thought you were in the Marine Corps, all of sudden, you were in the Army? But anyway, thank you for your service if you truly served.

Obviously, your son has made an adult decision. Good for him!

Moderator cut: Edit

Last edited by june 7th; 09-03-2013 at 02:17 AM.. Reason: Off topic grammatical correction.

Old 09-02-2013, 09:59 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Question: I can understand fighting and killing to protect one's home and family and even to protect those who cannot fend for themselves, but our military does not do that. They fight on the beheast of corperations that have bought the very same people that we elected who only have their own best interst at heart which is to make money.

so how is that righteous?

Old 09-02-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Question: I can understand fighting and killing to protect one's home and family and even to protect those who cannot fend for themselves, but our military does not do that. They fight on the beheast of corperations that have bought the very same people that we elected who only have their own best interst at heart which is to make money.

so how is that righteous?
well, this might answer your question

U.S. Marine Corps Commercials - YouTube

Secondly, being a professional Military men is still a job, if Military men are doing their job, why shouldn't they get paid?

Old 09-02-2013, 10:36 PM

Quote:
I thought you were in the Marine Corps, all of sudden,(you mean like your brother was on it with "his team" if i was ever abducted by terrorists; prior to what we now know is 2001 kinda way? or the you failed to read what i wrote way? because,i didn't state a branch of service for myself, only my son....?) you were in the Army? But anyway, thank you for your service if you truly served.

i did.

Obviously, your son has made an adult decision. Good for him!

he made another one and decided he can't go fight for/with al queada in syria just because walmart and the israelis want him to, and after two combat tours he's getting out...

Just for the record, it is not marine, it is Marine, Capital M.

maybe where you come from...
i suspect your brother shall be as tormented by the things he did until the day he dies as any other soldier. and i am no exception. but don't hold any foolish belief that the wars of man are the cause of just or right... because they aren't. they are indicative of mans frailties and inadequacies and nothing else, save maybe hiis greed. if your faith was a fact you wouldn't be required to "believe", you would just "know".but you don't. and i aint trynna dash hope here, cuz hope is a good thing (as long as it doesnt lead to inaction), but counting on an invisible being to force everyone to rise up and be better beings ain't happening as fast as it needs to, so we need to start doing it ourselves....

Troops Are Posting Photos In Protest Of Syrian Intervention - Business Insider

[IMG]
http://static4.businessinsider.com/image/5223a34e6bb3f7cf498b4567-480-/sailor-protest-syria-1.jpg[/IMG]

Old 09-02-2013, 10:46 PM

Quote:
well, this might answer your question

U.S. Marine Corps Commercials - YouTube

Secondly, being a professional Military men is still a job, if Military men are doing their job, why shouldn't they get paid?
ah yes... the "good german" argument... if the job happens to include an errant missile strike on a family celebrating a wedding killing and disfiguring children, should they still be paid? cuz that stuff seems to happen with alarming frequency during our "surgical strikes"... will i still get to heaven? i dunno lily i kinda get the feeling you were looking for bg pat on the back here and a bunch of cudos from your christian friends but not everyone agrees with that line of thinking. did i not serve to defend my own right of point of view? cuz im pretty sure i did. i also vowed to protect those a holes at westboro baptist church. so unlike you i welcome unfriendly opinion...

and btw... waaaaay better propaganda (really tugs at the old heart strings)video resides here

Keith Urban - For You - YouTube

Old 09-02-2013, 10:58 PM

Quote:
ah yes... the "good german" argument... if the job happens to include an errant missile strike on a family celebrating a wedding killing and disfiguring children, should they still be paid? cuz that stuff seems to happen with alarming frequency during our "surgical strikes"... will i still get to heaven? i dunno lily i kinda get the feeling you were looking for bg pat on the back here and a bunch of cudos from your christian friends but not everyone agrees with that line of thinking. did i not serve to defend my own right of point of view? cuz im pretty sure i did. i also vowed to protect those a holes at westboro baptist church. so unlike you i welcome unfriendly opinion...

and btw... waaaaay better propaganda (really tugs at the old heart strings)video resides here

Keith Urban - For You - YouTube

You need to provide links, sources to back up your claim, otherwise, what you posted are only rumors.

[mod] edit [mod]

Last edited by june 7th; 09-03-2013 at 02:30 AM.. Reason: Off topic
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity