Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2013, 08:14 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eccl 12vs13 View Post
Now....back to the questions concerning the 1000 year rule of Jesus here on earth.........

Do you think God will have His Sabbath day observed the way He set it up when He returns and rules for 1000 years?

Do you think Jesus will have us to keep His feast days when He rules for 1000 years?

God gave us laws concerning His Sabbath day......do you think those laws will not be enforced?

Let's read how this earth will be ruled when Jesus returns;

Rev.2
[26] And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
[27] And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.

You can't rule with a rod of iron if you have no laws to enforce.

Just what laws will be enforced?

Will you be able to do work on God's sabbath day when He returns?

Will you be able to buy and sell on God's sabbath day when He returns?

Will you be able to cook on God's sabbath day when He returns?

Will you be able to engage in your own pleasures on God's sabbath day when He returns?

Just which of God's laws governing His sabbath day do you think you will be allowed to break?

I have a completely different understanding about "The Millennium" than you do. I reject the entire dispensationalist idea of this "Literal" thousand years.

It seem to me having read your postings that you have an extremely faulty idea regarding "Works".
do you not realize that absolutely every single thing you think, do or say is tainted by the sin you have inherited from Adam. As the great Prophet of God Isaiah said, "Even my good deeds are as FILTHY RAGS in the sight of a HOLY God". No amount of law keeping will avail you anything at all. If anything it will damn you because you are incapable of keeping the law just as every other son or daughter of Adam is. Some how or other it appears that you have missed a cardinal doctrine that Christians are NOT under the law but are under GRACE. It's only because my personal representative head, Jesus Christ kept the law perfectly that I'm forgiven from being a total lawbreaker. Christ's summation of the law of God proves to me that I'm a wretched sinner. "Love the Lord your God with all of you soul, heart, mind and strength. If the very best most consecrated Christian I have ever met comes within .0001% of this, I'm a monkeys uncle. IT'S JUST COMPLETELY IMPOSSIBLE TO COME EVEN CLOSE TO IT THIS SIDE OF GLORY. Now, according to our Lord this is the key component of the law and the most important aspect of it, it accurately describes God's INTENT regarding the entire law.
Since you can't come even within a cats whisker of keeping this KEY command, do you suppose that going through some motions trying to keep a lesser portion of the law that does not even apply to you will gain you merit in God's sight?

That is precisely what the Pharisees thought and I notice in my reading of the word that the only group Jesus had extremely harsh words for were this group who thought they could propitiate God by their works.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2013, 08:28 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
I told you I don 't do eschatology; it is a futile pursuit, IMO. "Sufficient unto the day...."

Old 09-19-2013, 09:23 PM

889 posts, read 825,758 times
Oh, joy. Another Seventh Adventist Sabbath day post. Let me build a whole denomination around one sentence in the approximately 1500 page Bible. That one sentence is so comprehensive. Jeez.

Okay, one more time. Jesus created a Church. Not your Church, mind you, but a single church with a single leader. He gave it's leader the power to bind and loose on earth as it sees fit. THE Church moved the Sabbath Day to the Lord's Day because Jesus was resurrected that day and it had the Jesus given Authority to do so.

Get over it.

Old 09-19-2013, 09:42 PM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodToBeHome View Post
Oh, joy. Another Seventh Adventist Sabbath day post. Let me build a whole denomination around one sentence in the approximately 1500 page Bible. That one sentence is so comprehensive. Jeez.
Seems to me most of the denominations are built around very few of the Bible phrases.

Quote:
Okay, one more time. Jesus created a Church. Not your Church, mind you, but a single church with a single leader. He gave it's leader the power to bind and loose on earth as it sees fit. THE Church moved the Sabbath Day to the Lord's Day because Jesus was resurrected that day and it had the Jesus given Authority to do so.

Get over it.
You have a couple of errors in this last set of sentences. First of all it was Paul who created the church not Jesus. Jesus was a concept that existed in many other Middle Eastern belief systems to possibly the same time. Paul, for the ultimate salesman who is able to convince the most people that his way of interpreting all those saver stories with the correct one.

Secondly Sunday wasn't really picked because the church thought it was the right and Christly thing to do. It was picked because the pagan religions worship the Sun gods and therefore Sunday was there day of worship. It was easier to fit in if one wasn't different.

You know it's easy to get converts that way.

Sorry to burst your belief bubble.

Old 09-21-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
Seems to me most of the denominations are built around very few of the Bible phrases.

You have a couple of errors in this last set of sentences. First of all it was Paul who created the church not Jesus. Jesus was a concept that existed in many other Middle Eastern belief systems to possibly the same time. Paul, for the ultimate salesman who is able to convince the most people that his way of interpreting all those saver stories with the correct one.

Secondly Sunday wasn't really picked because the church thought it was the right and Christly thing to do. It was picked because the pagan religions worship the Sun gods and therefore Sunday was there day of worship. It was easier to fit in if one wasn't different.

You know it's easy to get converts that way.

Sorry to burst your belief bubble.
Jesus, created the Church. Apparently, you skipped over some verses, too. Read Matthew 16:13-19. Right there in plain sight, Jesus creates His Church on Peter. Paul wasn't even in the landscape yet.

Old 09-21-2013, 09:26 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
Jesus, created the Church. Apparently, you skipped over some verses, too. Read Matthew 16:13-19. Right there in plain sight, Jesus creates His Church on Peter. Paul wasn't even in the landscape yet.
I guess you haven't checked any of the threads here in plain sight that show your perceptions to be wrong, oh well.

Old 09-21-2013, 10:15 AM

10,202 posts, read 7,925,051 times
Quote:
But how did Peter find out that Jesus was the Messiah?

Old 09-22-2013, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cupper3 View Post
But how did Peter find out that Jesus was the Messiah?
Is this a quiz?. No one but God could have revealed that to Peter according to Jesus, Himself as stated in Matthew 16:17.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
I guess you haven't checked any of the threads here in plain sight that show your perceptions to be wrong, oh well.
I have Jesus's Church which you apparently agree had the Authority to give you your Bible, but seemingly nothing else.

You on the other hand, have your opinion. So I have the choice of a Jesus protected organization or a man and a Bible. Hmm, I don't think this a hard decision.

I choose the Church that Jesus began with the Jesus Authority and the Jesus protection.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:36 PM

7,728 posts, read 12,624,521 times
I don't observe the sabbath day at all. We are not under that law anymore. Any spirit that claims we are and that your going to Hell for it is a spirit of the devil.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity