Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2013, 04:13 AM

3 posts, read 3,741 times

Advertisements

The bible says that , If you forgive, your heavenly Father will also forgive. We must forgive, as we hope to be forgiven.

Are all people whit resentment lost ?

John 20: 23 Says : If you forgive anyone's sins, they are forgiven; if you retain anyone's sins, they are retained.

Luke 6:37 (NIV) "...Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Mat 6:14-15 (NIV) "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But, if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

Mark 11:25 (NIV) "And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2013, 05:05 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,273,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly88 View Post
The bible says that , If you forgive, your heavenly Father will also forgive. We must forgive, as we hope to be forgiven.

John 20: 23 Says : If you forgive anyone's sins, they are forgiven; if you retain anyone's sins, they are retained.

Luke 6:37 (NIV) "...Forgive, and you will be forgiven."

Mat 6:14-15 (NIV) "For if you forgive men when they sin against you, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But, if you do not forgive men their sins, your Father will not forgive your sins."

Mark 11:25 (NIV) "And when you stand praying, if you hold anything against anyone, forgive him, so that your Father in heaven may forgive you your sins."
Not as long as they put their trust in Christ. Post cross:

Eph 4:32
And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

We forgive now because we were forgiven. We don't forgive so we can be forgiven anymore.

Old 09-09-2013, 05:06 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,270,776 times
Yes, whenever we are not abiding in the love of God we have lost our way.

Old 09-09-2013, 01:19 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,910,926 times
^exactly!

Old 09-09-2013, 02:23 PM

535 posts, read 966,639 times
Are you saying all people with resentment or Christians with resentment?

The unsaved are unsaved with or without resentment. True Christians are still Christians, they don't lose their salvation. The Holy Spirit does not set up shop, leave, come back, leave, ad infinitum. Once born again one can not be unborn. Can we though be out of step with God? Yes. If Peter had been struck by a sheep and died after denying Christ, would he have gone to Heaven or Hell?

John 10:26–30
26 but "you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”

Old 09-09-2013, 03:28 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,902,587 times
Quote:
Small point, but did you misspell "with" twice? Or is there a word in the English language I'm not familiar...er...whit?

Old 09-09-2013, 03:55 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,822,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Priscilla Martin View Post
Are you saying all people with resentment or Christians with resentment?

The unsaved are unsaved with or without resentment. True Christians are still Christians, they don't lose their salvation. The Holy Spirit does not set up shop, leave, come back, leave, ad infinitum. Once born again one can not be unborn. Can we though be out of step with God? Yes. If Peter had been struck by a sheep and died after denying Christ, would he have gone to Heaven or Hell?

John 10:26–30
26 but "you do not believe because you are not among my sheep. 27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. 28 I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand. 29 My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all, and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father’s hand. 30 I and the Father are one.”
I believe this is pretty clear and accurate. One thing many overlook is that things like sin, fear, anger, temptation ... and 'resentment' play a role in the lives of both Christians and non-Christians.

Prior to being 'born again' and entering into eternal life and relationship with God, these things reveal our 'lostness' and need of Christ to US! -- In the lives of Christians, they reveal that we are 'straying' and need to repent and return to our place of relationship. (Gal. 3:19-26 +)

In short, no one is lost or condemned because they 'sin' or 'behave badly', ... but, because they have refused to trust and depend on God and His finished work in Christ Jesus. Likewise, no one is 'saved' because they are 'good or religious people' or because they 'want to go to heaven', but, because they are trusting their lives to God through Jesus Christ. (What He has done, not what they have done ... even though one's individual participation is necessary!).

Last edited by jghorton; 09-09-2013 at 04:09 PM..

Old 09-09-2013, 04:00 PM

9,688 posts, read 10,006,521 times
Still Jesus said from Matthew 19:29......``And every one that has forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or fathers, or mothers, or wife, or children, or lands for my name sake will receive an hundred fold, and will inherit everlasting life ``................. See Jesus said we can like excommunicate people , and property to the salvation of Christ , which we should forgive the people and let them go and excommunicate them , where I need to get a pass from Christ in these cases in prayer and give it to the Lord .... Like if people are testing your salvation or bring confusion in the works of Christ or calling the devil to take possession on you against Christ or family members or nations customs deny Christ and demand the same custom then it is best to forsake these people.....

Old 09-09-2013, 05:48 PM

535 posts, read 966,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Still Jesus said from Matthew 19:29......``And every one that has forsaken houses, or brethren, or sisters, or fathers, or mothers, or wife, or children, or lands for my name sake will receive an hundred fold, and will inherit everlasting life ``................. See Jesus said we can like excommunicate people , and property to the salvation of Christ , which we should forgive the people and let them go and excommunicate them , where I need to get a pass from Christ in these cases in prayer and give it to the Lord .... Like if people are testing your salvation or bring confusion in the works of Christ or calling the devil to take possession on you against Christ or family members or nations customs deny Christ and demand the same custom then it is best to forsake these people.....
I'm not trying to be rude but I do not understand your post very well. Matthew 19:29 is about the rich man who would not give up his possessions to follow the Lord. He preferred his worldly treasures to heavenly treasures.

I don't understand the excommunication part. Could you explain it again.

I agree we are better off staying away from those who try to test our salvation. I do that enough without help from others. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity