Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2013, 11:40 PM

3,223 posts, read 10,096,161 times

Advertisements

Is it really a sin to watch rated R movies that are filled with nudity, adult humor, language, violence as long as you don't let these movies influence you and still try to live a life that is pleasing to God? Sometimes I consider watching a rated R movie to be a good way to unwind and relax

I do believe in God (Father, Son and Spirit)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2013, 04:16 AM

9,689 posts, read 10,009,914 times
For if Christians do watch these movies and listen to words and ideas which are contrary to the purpose of God and may even contradict God and His work for their life , and will attract demons spirit to come and try to posses their life to sin more , and can attract fallen angels to hold curses of sin over people lives , can be a dangerous idea ...... ..... See Jesus said that He had the Holy Spirit , and that the Holy Spirit did not condemn Him for not obeying the Sabbath , which means that people who sin need to have the Holy Spirit which if He abides on their life , People will have to take up the authority of the believers through the blood of Jesus to keep cleans of demons and the curses of fallen angels ripped out of their lives , as Jesus had this authority and used this authority and believer are given this authority as a gift of God for provision of protection against sin against God and His dwelling place on their life ......bottom line in clarity !

Old 09-22-2013, 11:59 AM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times
Is it a sin to watch G-rated movies? Same thing.

Old 09-22-2013, 12:14 PM

63,779 posts, read 40,047,381 times
Default Is it a sin to watch rated R movies on Earth?

The answer to these kinds of questions depends on what they evoke in your consciousness. Your consciousness is a tangible and real part of who you are becoming (and will be in the next life). I use the criterion of "Garbage in Garbage out" for these kinds of questions. I am not inclined to produce a lot of "Garbage out" . . . so it is always a trade-off. Of course . . . this is highly dependent upon what you consider "Garbage."

Old 09-22-2013, 02:42 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
Is it really a sin to watch rated R movies that are filled with nudity, adult humor, language, violence as long as you don't let these movies influence you and still try to live a life that is pleasing to God?
"The Passion of the Christ" is rated R. If someone is telling you watching R rated movies is a sin you might want to mention that to them.

Old 09-22-2013, 02:57 PM

745 posts, read 1,648,204 times
Why do you want to watch it?
If you think it is bad, then don't.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:36 PM

1,703 posts, read 5,141,829 times
One of the major goals of every Christian should be to become Christlike. If Christ were standing beside you would you feel comfortable or ok in watching or doing whatever? There is a world of difference between a movie like The Passion of the Christ and The Conjuring or Emily Rose. Ask yourself what feeling do I have watching this? What kind of Spirit does it bring into my home or my life and do I want that influence?

Old 09-22-2013, 07:53 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,336,151 times
If fundamentalists are allowed to have sex then it should be ok to see images that are sexy (or sensual) on film.

Old 09-23-2013, 06:11 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,459,775 times
it all depends on the person. if they are doing it, they will say it is ok, or not respond to the thread. they can watch nudity on Saturday and praise God on sunday.
Others don't watch. I don't care to watch, I don't really care for TV at all. I don't care for rated G or R. I have not had cable is over 10yrs nor will I ever get it. I just don't care to watch any TV. It is not because I believe in Jesus, it is because it is a waste of life.
it is funny how I have friends who state " you think everyone will eventually be saved so you can do whatever you want" Rubbish! that is not the way. such a statement makes it clear for me the reason they are Christians, for selfish purposes. they are the ones that can watch whatever and then go on sunday and praise and worship. I don't condemn them, every one of us are on our own journey with our own trials.

Old 09-24-2013, 10:05 PM

794 posts, read 846,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopac1980 View Post
Is it really a sin to watch rated R movies that are filled with nudity, adult humor, language, violence as long as you don't let these movies influence you and still try to live a life that is pleasing to God? Sometimes I consider watching a rated R movie to be a good way to unwind and relax

I do believe in God (Father, Son and Spirit)
"But if you have doubts about whether or not you should eat something, you are sinning if you go ahead and do it. For you are not following your convictions. If you do anything you believe is not right, you are sinning." Romans 14:23

The bible says anything that is not of faith is sin. So just the action of choosing to do something you are not fully comfortable with, in this case watching an R rated movie, is a sin. Notice it is the choice of watching it that is the sin, not actually watching it. If you walk pass someone yelling profanities you haven't sinned just because you so happen to hear them talking. The thing to remember is that we are influenced by what we see and hear no matter how strong your will is.

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things." Philippians 4:8

If we focus on things that are not mentioned in the verse above, we are exposing ourselves to things that can affect us mentally. It can affect our peace, our thinking, our reasoning, our spiritual growth and develop condemnation which will affect our ability to remember the peace we have with God. If you are born again, you have been forgiven of all sins past, present and future. This doesn't mean we cannot be affected by exposing ourselves to unchristian media. Constantly looking at unchristian media will give the devil new ways to make you feel condemned.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity