Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 06:41 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,410,321 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post

From sharing his beliefs I've learned TroutDude believes many things the Native Americans have believed for hundreds of years. And THEY'VE been persecuted for their beliefs since the European Christians landed on these shores and decided the Natives needed to change what they believe.

Just something to think about while Christians complain they're being persecuted. If anyone here knows of Christians in this country being forced to cut their hair and change their clothes and stop speaking their language and be forced onto reservations and herded into schools where they are indoctrinated with someone else's religion I'd love to see a link to that posted. I'll read it.
Bless you for this
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2013, 09:03 PM

78 posts, read 515,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rogead View Post
Many people don't know this, but right now--even as we type--groups of Marxist/atheists are working with the Islamofascists and the various public labor unions to build internment camps for Christians. Your Bibles will be burned; and you will be forced to choose between renouncing Christmas, or living in a fenced-in FEMA camp.
I've also heard about the building of FEMA camps in preparation of the mark of the beast. Anyone who doesn't take the mark gets sent to the Camps. There also pushing more technology instead of books into society such as ipads, kindles, itouches, pretty much computers because their easier to destroy and delete. Technology is easier to control and destroy.

Old 09-29-2013, 09:10 PM

78 posts, read 273,336 times
Christians are always persecuted

Old 09-29-2013, 09:12 PM

31,374 posts, read 20,021,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mashaly View Post
Christians are always persecuted
Or, it seems to me, wish they were.

Old 09-30-2013, 02:54 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,770,456 times
Christianity in pure form is a state of mind...a higher state of human consciousness. If you want to be effective...do not parade your faith and mindset...Use your power quietly and do not broadcast "I am a Christian"...no one should really know or need to know...It is how you act and what you do that brings salvation to the world...The world will not persecute you if they do not know you exist....What is in the depth of your mind and spirit is private. If I were to commit a wonderful healing Christian act..that spirit enters the person you have personally blessed and touched with your quiet love..that person in turn will bless the next...THAT is how Christianity is spread...like a good and sweet virus that sustains humanity... Bible thumping gospel spewing dweebs do not enhance the Christian mindset...They tarnish the world through fanatical egotism...."Be gentle as a dove and shrewd as a serpent"....One of the few intelligent things Paul had to say..

Like some of the richest men in the world...the most powerful...their personal security is in the fact that they do not exist...hence they can not be harmed...If they do not know you are a Christian they can not persecute you...human sacrifice and martyrdom is useless and self indulgent...You could be a martyr and within two weeks you are forgotten....so forget that approach.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:04 PM

10,567 posts, read 12,770,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Then you'd really get a kick out of the 91st Psalm.

But you make my point, the world sees believing God as weird today and probably criminal tomorrow.
There is a reason why some extreme secularists would like to create a society where believing in God would be criminal. Those who seek to create a totally controllable and submissive society - a tyrannical empires have figured on thing out in their forming...The subject - the citizen must be utterly compliant and not question the powers that be..They must in effect bow and worship the government...Some secularists lust for this fascism. This can NOT be accomplished in full if people will not bow down and submit to the tyrants. The citizens belief in the highest of power - the belief in a God...BLOCKS the full implementation of tyranny....

My theory for instance why the Nazis wanted the Jews out of the picture was not that they were some vile thing..but because they knew they would never give up their alliance with THE ALL MIGHTY in favor of the Nazi party -Hence the believers had to go because they would never fully believe in THEM...

It's simple those who want to play god have to attempt to get rid of GOD....It's not a huge stretch to envision a world where GOD would be made illegal and the belief in God would be an offense against those in power playing god.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:40 AM

3,859 posts, read 3,030,701 times
The Nazis got rid of the Jews, homosexuals, Gypsies, liberals, the mentally handicapped, etc., because they considered them to be inferior. A belief in God had NOTHING to do with it.

Old 10-01-2013, 06:40 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,115,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Christianity in pure form is a state of mind...a higher state of human consciousness. If you want to be effective...do not parade your faith and mindset...Use your power quietly and do not broadcast "I am a Christian"...no one should really know or need to know...It is how you act and what you do that brings salvation to the world...The world will not persecute you if they do not know you exist....What is in the depth of your mind and spirit is private. If I were to commit a wonderful healing Christian act..that spirit enters the person you have personally blessed and touched with your quiet love..that person in turn will bless the next...THAT is how Christianity is spread...like a good and sweet virus that sustains humanity... Bible thumping gospel spewing dweebs do not enhance the Christian mindset...They tarnish the world through fanatical egotism...."Be gentle as a dove and shrewd as a serpent"....One of the few intelligent things Paul had to say..

Like some of the richest men in the world...the most powerful...their personal security is in the fact that they do not exist...hence they can not be harmed...If they do not know you are a Christian they can not persecute you...human sacrifice and martyrdom is useless and self indulgent...You could be a martyr and within two weeks you are forgotten....so forget that approach.
I can partially agree with that, but it seems to be the cowardly approach. Jesus said plainly, "Let your light shine before men." Not to turn people from Him with brash behavior, but with the attitude of "I'm a sinner too, but I know He can save you too". Just one beggar telling another beggar where to find Bread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There is a reason why some extreme secularists would like to create a society where believing in God would be criminal. Those who seek to create a totally controllable and submissive society - a tyrannical empires have figured on thing out in their forming...The subject - the citizen must be utterly compliant and not question the powers that be..They must in effect bow and worship the government...Some secularists lust for this fascism. This can NOT be accomplished in full if people will not bow down and submit to the tyrants. The citizens belief in the highest of power - the belief in a God...BLOCKS the full implementation of tyranny....
That sounds exactly like the "Church" of the Dark Ages, and I couldn't agree with you more. Anyone who uses "god" to wield power over another is completely inverting the Gospel and what we're supposed to be.

It's happening in plain sight today everywhere, and it's nauseating.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:02 AM

6,822 posts, read 6,601,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoCapo View Post
I know this is sort of restricted airspace, but I just wanted to pop in to make a point about this.

As a staunch Atheist, and member of the world, let me just reassure you that this is not likely any time in the near future. Why? Because other godless atheists like myself will take up arms to protect your right to believe. I disagree with the truth of your belief, but I believe firmly that you should have the right to practice it with minimal interference. If I can protect that right through the ballotbox, great. If the day comes that, "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." you can count me in there as well.

I am not alone. Not by a long shot.

If this kind of nonsense is ever proposed you will see some sights you will not have believed possible. Things like the ACLU and the ACLJ and TRI working together, things like Atheists in foxholes alongside the devout to defend our freedom of religion. It impossible to protect my freedom not to believe without protecting your freedom to believe. Contrary to what many American Christians would like to believe, a majority of us atheists understand this. We are not interested in persecuting you, it is too much work with no benefit. Freedom of religion is just as important to us as it is you.

-NoCapo
You're right. In the end, just as in Nazi Germany, the endpoint will not be accomplished until YOU share THEIR vision/world view. So "liberalism" is not liberal at all until you agree with THEIR viewpoint on things.

Just as the Bible says, we are in a spiritual war for the minds of men. Everything you see manifest on the outside (over Jerusalem, etc) is a physical manifestation of this spiritual reality. The Christian purpose for living is to be living witnesses of God's grace and goodness through Jesus Christ and to turn hearts to Him in repentance and faith. He will take care of the opposition as He states vengeance belongs to Him, He will repay.

No matter what, one's world view shapes the culture and laws of the land. Christians are working to have Christian morals infused into the culture and laws of the land to preserve the land and God's blessing upon it as we are instructed to be the "salt of the earth".. Salt preserves.. preserves God's Judgment.. This nation has embraced humanism and endorsed perversion publically, and I do believe we are ripe for judgment... just as Sodom and Gomorrah.. we are no different.

As for guns, most Christians that I know are gun owners that are for protecting Gun rights. Because we know it is not the gun but the wicked heart that kills another individual. Using a gun to protect your family or defend your land is not violating the commandment of "Thou Shall not Murder". The strong have a responsibility to protect the weak in God's eyes. We get our laws on murder (1st, 2nd, 3rd degree) straight from Judeo Christian principles. So many have no idea because they do not study the Word of God.

This nation has been greatly blessed of God. It is not God's way, like Islam, to force conversion. God is a gentlemen and is inviting all to come to salvation through Jesus Christ accepting His provision for Your and My sin. There is a day of judgment, and we want our sins judged on that cross, or WE will be judged as a sinner to receive the righteous sentence for our rebellion against our Maker... eternal damnation, but God has given us an offer that is AWESOME that when viewed under the microscope is something we CAN'T refuse.. a FREE pardon for our rebellion through Jesus Christ..

if we just accept it and repent. This is the Christian world view, and it is belief,, but is this belief truth? Something for all to think about..

we all are born, and we all die... physically that is. JESUS says all that live and believe in Him shall never die.. spiritually..of the "second death" that is.

Old 10-01-2013, 02:38 PM

2,271 posts, read 2,636,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Depression Survivor View Post
Some would argue Christians in America are being persecuted. To some extent that may be true. What I mean is will we ever be treated as Christians in Kenya, Nigeria, Pakistan, Egypt and Syria are?
Christians in America today are mocked, hated, ridiculed and scapegoats. There's no doubt about that. Of course, those doing the hating and mocking wouldn't agree, the intolerant, hypocritical little darlings. One has only to read this forum or CNN comments to see that. (And keep your eyes on the responses to this post!)

But, all of this is going to be a walk in the park for what's coming. Soon, even momentarily, the rapture will happen and true Christians will be taken from the earth - and the Holy Spirit with them. The tribulation period will begin and, three-and-a-half years into it, life will be hell on earth. Christians will be sought and killed for their faith. They'll be vilified by everyone. America's Christians (those who will become Christians after the rapture) will then know what persecution really is. To them, I recommend trying to get a hold of a copy of the Book of Enoch. It may not be part of the Bible but it was referenced and revered by people in the Bible to be profitable for study. It appears to be written to those Christians who will be here during the tribulation period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity