Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 03:39 PM

473 posts, read 817,411 times

Advertisements

Who Made Who?

Our Creator Himself had to begin at nothing and then build up to something. He would have had to learn through what He was on the ground. Maybe He had worlds before this one, but still, He didn't just begin as the author of all intelligence. He would have started small and then grown too wouldn't He? He had to grow through His creations and become what He is.

I really believe that as He grew, He Himself came to realize and appreciate those that He learned through--I think that this is why He gave us souls and allowed us after time to be our own identities. He fell in love with individuality. Unity came to love diversity. He learned from and through us and then shared what He had compiled from being able to draw from ALL. He had His chosen and trusted to spread information.

I believe that He puts different souls through different lives and upbringings to help discover the things that He would like to eliminate. The things that keep Him and us from maturing to fullness in the ways of love. Some would argue that God is already fully mature--I don't think so. I think that He observes and helps and then when He fully knows how to solve all problems and differences, He ends the old and begins a new way.

I believe that God/Love never falls nor fails but can make mistakes. I think that our Creator can make mistakes or else He wouldn't have said that He repented because He made man. At one time He felt that He had made a mistake in creating us. At one time man had no soul--I think this was one mistake that He corrected.

I think that when He figures out how to be heard, felt and known without us relying too heavily upon Him--He will end what we have now and give us a new world. He can't be too controlling or have us rely too heavily upon Him or we wouldn't develop as capable and reliable individuals. We wouldn't be diverse. The unity is a Unity in the ways of love--He loves our differences of personality/identity and how they develop.

I think evolution and creation fit together. He and we evolve together. We all began as nothing to become something.

Yeshua Bless You
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2013, 04:05 PM

1,075 posts, read 1,765,150 times
If God created time itself, then He is not bound by our linear understanding of time with its beginnings and endings.

Old 09-27-2013, 04:19 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,273,107 times
God could be the energy behind the Big Bang. Cosmologists don't know what caused the Big Bang.

Evolution is real and the issue is the origin of the primordial soup that have origin to life.

Old 09-27-2013, 05:49 PM

17,156 posts, read 11,297,435 times
Interesting thoughts, Sheila. You could be right. Thank you for sharing.

Old 09-27-2013, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Interesting thoughts, Sheila. You could be right. Thank you for sharing.
Thank you, these thoughts actually came to me after being angry with our God. I called Him arrogant. Then I asked Him--Who Made Who to the tune of ACDC.

Yeshua Bless You

Old 09-27-2013, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
Thank you, these thoughts actually came to me after being angry with our God. I called Him arrogant. Then I asked Him--Who Made Who to the tune of ACDC.

Yeshua Bless You
All the adjectives you use to describe God make no sense. By definition God is perfection.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:21 PM

63,426 posts, read 39,679,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
All the adjectives you use to describe God make no sense. By definition God is perfection.
Why? Who says so?The word translated as "perfect" in scripture actually means "mature" . . . not perfection.

Old 09-27-2013, 11:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julian658 View Post
He didn't seem too perfect to me while I was angry with Him. He uses ADVERSITY to TEACH. I don't like His methods at all. Adversity's allowed to sift us. God uses adversity to seek out your very worse and then He begins to help and heal. This is how He searches hearts and minds--with adversity. This is also how you learn His truths.

Yeshua Bless You

Old 09-27-2013, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
He didn't seem too perfect to me while I was angry with Him. He uses ADVERSITY to TEACH. I don't like His methods at all. Adversity's allowed to sift us. God uses adversity to seek out your very worse and then He begins to help and heal. This is how He searches hearts and minds--with adversity. This is also how you learn His truths.

Yeshua Bless You
God does not toy with us. God is not cruel.

Maybe you are thinking about the bet that God made with Satan to torment Job.

Maybe you do not accept free will.

I am concerned with your concept that God is not perfect. The creation is perfect, there is nothing wrong with the creation. A perfect creation must also include adversity. Without adversity we are nothing.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:01 AM

Even Jesus was tempted by adversity. The apostles went through a trial by fire--this is not Him toying. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. God can SEEM very cruel. He uses adversity to bring out the worst in you--your greatest weaknesses and then turns them into great strengths. The method is harsh. We do not have free will--we either walk the path of Christ or we die. We only have the choice to live or die.
We do need adversity for growth but not adversaries. I think we have too much adversity. Aren't we enough adversity for each other? We have disease, accidents, predators, earthquakes, volcanoes, hurricanes, tornadoes, sand storms, mud slides ,pests and pestilence, tsunami's, cyclones, lightening, poisonous reptiles, bugs and spiders. I just thought He was giving a little too much adversity.
Yeshua Bless You
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity