Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2019, 03:17 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,354,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Instigate much? You love it, all the while feigning rainbows and gumdrops. Of course you are not going to go against your bud no matter what but you had to show your public support of whatever. The rest of the bandwagon will soon be along to pile on. You all are beyond fundamentalist.
Where are your contributions?

Old 06-17-2019, 03:18 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,375,370 times
Quote:
Instigate much? You love it, all the while feigning rainbows and gumdrops. Of course you are not going to go against your bud no matter what but you had to show your public support of whatever. The rest of the bandwagon will soon be along to pile on. You all are beyond fundamentalist.
You found me out!!! That's me ...the big instigator!
Asking for a reference for where someone said they want the death of people.
Yup, all the rainbows are a front to instigate!

Old 06-17-2019, 03:18 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,694,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If he did, it would not be any more, or less rude than the things he says on daily bases.
Trout does not claim to be a Christian

The Christian according to the bible has been given much, so more is required of them

They are to be a living “sacrifice”

Psa 51:15 O Lord, open my lips and my mouth shall declare Your praise.
Psa 51:16 For you do not desire sacrifice, or I would give it; You do not delight in burnt offering.
Psa 51:17 The sacrifices of God are a broken spirit; a broken and a contrite heart, O God, You will not despise.
Psa 51:18 Do good in Your good pleasure to Zion; build the walls of Jerusalem.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:34 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
When it comes to the posters you favor nothing is off limits and they full well know it.
Every poster claims this about every mod, and not just on this forum. We all favor everyone else and are biased against the complainer. We get DMs claiming this. No lie, we've gotten DMs on the same damn day from religious people claiming we favor atheists and from atheists claiming we favor the religious.

The fact of the matter is that you don't see what we delete because often it's gone before anyone gets a chance to read it, who we give infractions to, or who gets warning DMs, or the absolute levels of crazy that goes on behind the scenes. There are posters on this forum whose points of view I will never agree with, but that doesn't mean I will ignore violations because I don't agree with them.

However, my remark above had nothing to do with modding. You claimed a poster said something that he never said and I called you on it. TroutDude wished people dead?? REALLY, gabfest? That's a pretty nasty accusation to make about someone.

If the tables were turned and someone said that you, gabfest, wishes people on this forum dead, I would have called them on that, too. This sort of nonsense has been done to me, not necessarily by you but by other posters on this forum, and I find it to be a childish and annoying tactic, done, I suppose, with some sort of hope that unsuspecting others will think that what they said was true.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:38 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
Quote:
If he did, it would not be any more, or less rude than the things he says on daily bases.
Poor, sad, fundie Finny. You can't bash gays with impunity anymore.

Too bad, so sad.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:42 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,285,273 times
Quote:
Have you ever thought of acting towards Trout how Jesus taught, rather than reacting like you are always offended by him. Troutdude is a great benefit to this forum whether you like it or not.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:43 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Every poster claims this about every mod, and not just on this forum. We all favor everyone else and are biased against the complainer. We get DMs claiming this. No lie, we've gotten DMs on the same damn day from religious people claiming we favor atheists and from atheists claiming we favor the religious.

The fact of the matter is that you don't see what we delete because often it's gone before anyone gets a chance to read it, who we give infractions to, or who gets warning DMs, or the absolute levels of crazy that goes on behind the scenes. There are posters on this forum whose points of view I will never agree with, but that doesn't mean I will ignore violations because I don't agree with them.

However, my remark above had nothing to do with modding. You claimed a poster said something that he never said and I called you on it. TroutDude wished people dead?? REALLY, gabfest? That's a pretty nasty accusation to make about someone.

If the tables were turned and someone said that you, gabfest, wishes people on this forum dead, I would have called them on that, too. This sort of nonsense has been done to me, not necessarily by you but by other posters on this forum, and I find it to be a childish and annoying tactic, done, I suppose, with some sort of hope that unsuspecting others will think that what they said was true.
No. You did not call me out on anything. It's not hard to find the numerous posts where he has done so. Speaking of old forum tricks. It's an old trick to brown nose up to the powers that be in order to skirt rules that strictly apply to others as well the old trick of mentioning some personal happenstance(s) in order to curtail conversations.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:47 PM

88,564 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
I disagree. Saying some version of "I think your religion is stupid and I hope it dies out" is not on the same level as saying "I wish you were dead."

Neither are pleasant statements, but the latter kind of sets off psycho alarm bells.

Which is why people often point that out when someone announces publicly that all <fill in the blank> should be dead--or executed. It sounds crazy and dangerous.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:51 PM

6,222 posts, read 4,010,023 times
Quote:
He's encouraged to do so.

Old 06-17-2019, 03:54 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,178,156 times
I completely understand why fundies hate me. I earn it by pointing out their hard-heartedness, bigotry and ugliness of spirit. They hate being confronted with the truth of what they are.

I will never stop as long as I can speak and move my fingers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity