Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2015, 02:25 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,206,191 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Many are offended by what I have to say. I must be doing it right!
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

You've raised my eyebrows a few times but not quite offended me yet .
Aye, the line is long..be patient and await your turn..

Is there a difference between being offended and being disgusted?

Old 07-24-2015, 05:50 PM

28,090 posts, read 29,934,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
What the OP has not done is to give an example of truth that is really offensive to anyone when it is shown to actually BE the truth.
Right on! Lots of theorizing but no real examples of actual "truth" that offends.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:55 PM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
What the OP has not done is to give an example of truth that is really offensive to anyone when it is shown to actually BE the truth.
You mean someone being offended when hearing someone say "Jesus loves you" does not qualify as an example?

Of course it qualifies.

How about "Jesus died for your sins". Yep, it qualifies.

Or are you saying "Jesus loves you" is not a truth?

It's a truth in my book.

It is dishonest to say no examples have been given, when many have been given.

What we are seeing here is people simply refusing to believe Jesus when He said it would offend.

And He told His diciples to preach "the kingdom of God is near" and He knew it would offend. But then again, I am just repeating this for the umptenh time. Feel free to come back to claim I never said it.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-24-2015 at 06:09 PM..

Old 07-24-2015, 06:24 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You mean someone being offended when hearing someone say "Jesus loves you" does not qualify as an example?

Of course it qualifies.

How about "Jesus died for your sins". Yep, it qualifies.

Or are you saying "Jesus loves you" is not a truth?

It's a truth in my book.

It is dishonest to say no examples have been given, when many have been given.

What we are seeing here is people simply refusing to believe Jesus when He said it would offend.

And He told His diciples to preach "the kingdom of God is near" and He knew it would offend. But then again, I am just repeating this for the umptenh time. Feel free to come back to claim I never said it.
Here are other truths that are offensive
  • the Bible (the scriptures) is all we need to be saved John 20:31
  • your faith saves you Luke 7:50
  • Jesus went to all surrounding towns preaching repent Matthew 4:17
  • nobody else is the way, the truth and the life John 14:6
  • I'm not your bread king just because I filled your stomach .. so bye bye John 6:15

Old 07-24-2015, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Here are other truths that are offensive
  • the Bible (the scriptures) is all we need to be saved John 20:31
  • your faith saves you Luke 7:50
  • Jesus went to all surrounding towns preaching repent Matthew 4:17

A couple of questions:
Why in the world did Jesus care if people repented, as long as they believed in Him?
Of what use is faith to someone who owns and has read his Bible?

Last edited by Katzpur; 07-24-2015 at 07:50 PM..

Old 07-24-2015, 07:35 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,912,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Can you give me an example of someone being offended by the simple statement that Jesus loves them? I have never seen that. I have seen people offended by the attempt to control them by applications that don't match the statement.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Can you give me an example of someone being offended by the simple statement that Jesus loves them? I have never seen that. I have seen people offended by the attempt to control them by applications that don't match the statement.
When it gets right down to it, I think far more people are offended by the superior attitudes of some Christians than by any truth Jesus taught.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:26 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
When it gets right down to it, I think far more people are offended by the superior attitudes of some Christians than by any truth Jesus taught.
Definitely.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:29 PM

1,614 posts, read 1,244,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Aye, the line is long..be patient and await your turn..

Is there a difference between being offended and being disgusted?
Good question!

Old 07-25-2015, 12:58 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,487,769 times
Quote:
[/list]
A couple of questions:
Why in the world did Jesus care if people repented, as long as they believed in Him?
as a theologian wrote from Truth in Love Ministries
"Repentance is a turn or change of mind, trusting in Jesus rather than our self to receive God’s acceptance. This is based on the realization that our human nature is inherently corrupt and in need of a rescue. Receiving the full forgiveness of sins is not a process, since faith in Christ instantly receives salvation and the status of a full pardon from the penalty of sin. The mark of a person’s faith includes daily repentance, renewing our trust in what Christ has already done for us."
Quote:
Of what use is faith to someone who owns and has read his Bible?
Through the Bible we learn:
1) "So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:17)
2) “Faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.” (Heb. 11:1)
3) "Therefore since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ," (Romans 5:1)
and it's is the Bible that is the revealed word from God.

For believers, it means making Christ as the object of our faith and trusting or having complete confidence in Him as the Savior from sin. Faith is a receiving instrument through which a person receives the full benefit of what Christ did for all. Faith is a gift received from God through the power of the Holy Spirit. (1 Cor. 12:3)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity