Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2015, 11:03 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
So you are really saying that some people are threatened by truth? That I will go along with. We see it all the time in here, but the real question then becomes what is the truth and those who are threatened try very hard to keep people from it.
We'll keep presenting it, though.
What did Jesus tell His diciples to say knowing it would offend people? He also said Christians will be persecuted for His names sake, and for their righteousness.

Moderator cut: deleted

Last edited by june 7th; 07-25-2015 at 02:51 PM.. Reason: Covertly insulting another denomination. Portion of post deleted as it will cause contention in thread.

Old 07-25-2015, 11:35 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
What did Jesus tell His diciples to say knowing it would offend people? He also said Christians will be persecuted for His names sake, and for their righteousness.

Moderator cut: Orphaned
No one who does not have an agenda has ever been threatenend by what I have to say, but you should know that I get a LOT of flack from people who do have agendae: fundamentalists, mostly.

Last edited by mensaguy; 07-25-2015 at 04:47 PM..

Old 07-25-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
No one who does not have an agenda has ever been threatenend by what I have to say, but you should know that I get a LOT of flack from people who do have agendae: fundamentalists, mostly.
People were so offended by what the Apostles had to say that they murdered them, and they were not killed by fundamentalists. What makes your message so much "nicer" that theirs? Since the reaction is so differnet, it could not possibly be the same message. You might want to think about that.

Old 07-25-2015, 01:25 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:
People were so offended by what the Apostles had to say that they murdered them, and they were not killed by fundamentalists. What makes your message so much "nicer" that theirs? Since the reaction is so differnet, it could not possibly be the same message. You might want to think about that.
Wasn't that the "organized church" aka Pharisees that were offended and put the apostles to death?

Pharisees = Fundamentalists in my dictionary

Last edited by zthatzmanz28; 07-25-2015 at 02:28 PM..

Old 07-25-2015, 01:33 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Wasn't that the "organized church" aka Pharisees that were offended and put the apostles to death?

Of cause it was, just read Acts 2, there were broods of vipers from all over the show knocking around when Peter pointed towards them and said you by the hands of wicked men had him put to death, the same brood of vipers that turned the ones Jesus displayed so much love and grace too, against him.

What's more the brood of vipers back then were not offended by the words of Peter they were cut to the heart(hell what have we done, what must we do?), not like your modern day brood of vipers who not only want the truth to be offensive but wallow in it.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:38 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,712,852 times
I actually quite agree that people are offended by the message of Christ---look at all the so-called Christians on this board who are offended by some of us telling them that the message of Christ is about love and forgiveness not sin and judgment.

Those people respond by quoting all sorts of passages to "prove" Jesus loves to point out sin and pass judgment--even though He said He judges no one.

It's easier to have a religion based on "faith," with no expectation of being a faithful servant actually doing anything, or to think one is "doing the works of God" by telling others how they are failing to reject their sin in a fashion that pleases the accuser.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:39 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Quote:
They were killed by the controllers, Finn, the people with an agenda, the ones who stood to lose when people operated in love instead of fear.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:47 PM

28,092 posts, read 29,957,386 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What's more the brood of vipers back then were not offended by the words of Peter they were cut to the heart(hell what have we done, what must we do?), not like your modern day brood of vipers who not only want the truth to be offensive but wallow in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
I actually quite agree that people are offended by the message of Christ---look at all the so-called Christians on this board who are offended by some of us telling them that the message of Christ is about love and forgiveness not sin and judgment.

Some Christians just need to work a whole lot harder at being offensive.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post

No, most of them were killed in countries which did not have organized churches.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
:Some Christians just need to work a whole lot harder at being offensive.
The point is the speak the truth. If the truth offends some, then so be it. Speak the truth. That is the instruction of Jesus. If you have to amend or omit from the truth out of fear of offending people, then you are not speaking the whole truth.

Would you like to answer the questions I asked you?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 07-25-2015 at 03:22 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity